<<<Xazraels Equipping Contest>>>

Alright, this is my first contest, and heres how it will go.

Rules:

[align=center]1. You must make 3 cards.

2. You must make a monster card, and an equip spell card. The remaining card is your choice.

3. Must be new cards. I view this forum 4+ hours a day, I know what card have and haven't been posted.

4. Must be done by the deadline of March 7th.

5. ONLY 3 CARDS, do not post more than the 3 cards, if you do you are disqualified.

6. I may or may not review cards before the contest is over. Depends on my time, and if I want to or not.

7. You may only enter once.

Prizes

1st: 3 Reps & A cool thing to go in your sig if you want to.

2nd: 1 Rep

3rd: 30 Points

[/align]

Alright, since I am at work, and cant make cards, ive decided to do reviews for this contest. I will not full out give a overall score, because I want it to still be a surprise. In that being said, it looks like your first RedMario.

Picture: This was the first thing I looked at, and let me say, the pictures were awful. They showed no sign of effort, you didn't even manage to cut out the logos and stuff on the bottom of the 3rd cards image. The 2nd card was your best image wise, because if you would have added a background to it, it might of had potential to be better. The first one was just, uh...bad quality, and isn't suiting. For this section I gave you a...

F

OCG: This was a bit better than the images, but you still had countless OCG errors. I have no idea what the %'s and 2's were for, but im assuming they were just mistakes or something. And just for a note its:

Graveyard

Special Summon

Life Points

destroyed by battle

Anyway, like I said, OCG was better, so its why I gave you a...

C-

Originality: This isn't a big area for me, because I believe a card doesn't need to be original to be good, but I still prefer it. Your cards were decently original. They didn't have the best effects, but they wre definitely your strong point. That being said I gave you a...

B-

[align=center]^_^

My Entrys

2ur2jq8.jpg

m741w3.jpg

2w4wkfr.jpg

Notes

- Idea came from reading 'Northern Lights'

- They are named because, the Savers are monsters who can charge themselves ready to 'Save their souls', and Souls are obviously souls.

- They work as so;

1. The monster fulfills requirements in order to gain Soul Counters.

2. Once 3 Soul Counters are gained, the monster can be equipped with 'Soul Saver'.

3. When the monster is destroyed while equipped with Soul Saver, when the monster is destroyed, the theme is its soul gets left behind, 'saved', so a new monster appears from the Extra Deck ^_^

- There maybe OCG errors as Counters is Uber not my strong point.

- The Soul monster cannot be destroyed by battle as its already dead, and also it cannot attack, as its dead, its just a soul thats left there to do some extra damage.

Colour Choice

As you can see, i chose the Soul Monster to be a Greyish card colour, i did so as seeing as its a new Type and in the Extra Deck, a new colour would give it more Umph ^_^

Also i chose Grey as its an unused colour, its lighter then the token grey cards, and also i was going to chose black, but it wouldnt suit the light Souls, so i chose a colour which reflected Death and Souls, a ghostly colour of Grey.

Artists

Card 1 - Unknown

???

Card 2 - onikaizer

Spirit of Samhainn

Card 3 - traditionaldanimatio

TIME TO HARVEST- Samhain redux

Disclaimer

I do not own the artwork to these cards, i use the images as a means of making my cards just look Uber Fab ^_^

^_^[/align]

Alright, looks like DJ is next.

Originality: This is the thing that first caught my attention. I noticed the gray color on your third card, and it immediately brought me into reading the card. I myself have never seen anyone use the idea you had of souls that cannot attack or be killed. Although originality isn't the basis of card design, it really added a good feel to the cards. All in all, you got a...

A-

OCG: This was the next thing I was looking at, because you stated there is the possibility for some errors. As I could see, there was little if any errors that I saw. You did very well on the ocg, thus why I gave you a...

A

Picture: This was the last thing I really looked at, and though the pictures were fitting with the titles and purpose of the card, I felt they lacked a little bit. For some reason, the image for the last card wasn't what I think would fit for it, and the quality seems a little worse than it could have been. The pictures still were very good though, because this contest isn't based off of the pictures and the pictures themselves, like I said, match the feel for the cards. So I decided to give you a...

B

Keep them coming everyone!

Thanx ^_^

I dont understand what you mean about the counters tho lol

Also 'Samhain', is a halloweeny festival (or spirit i think) celebrated somewhere, i didnt want to use the actual name so i used Samhai

Believe it or not the quality is 100%, theres no distortion, tis how the images actually are.

^_^

What I ment about the counters is, in some cards I have read the wording as:

You may search your deck for....blah....., if you have 3 counters on this card.

instead of

If you have 3 counters on this card, you may search your deck for....blah.

And as for the quality of the pictures, I understand, but the score remains the same.

What I ment about the counters is' date=' in some cards I have read the wording as:

instead of

And as for the quality of the pictures, I understand, but the score remains the same.

[/quote']

But what i wrote is a different OCG lore version of what was basically on the below card;

2mwic02.jpg

Counters first, then effect, which is what i did.

Both God Kaze and Diety Mitsu, the 2 ppl who are believed to be the best card makers on the site, basically in a way checked it over, and they said it was fine.

Thus, can my score go up now? ^_^

What I ment about the counters is' date=' in some cards I have read the wording as:

instead of

[/quote']

But what i wrote is a different OCG lore version of what was basically on the below card;

2mwic02.jpg

Counters first, then effect, which is what i did.

Both God Kaze and Diety Mitsu, the 2 ppl who are believed to be the best card makers on the site, basically in a way checked it over, and they said it was fine.

Thus, can my score go up now? ^_^

Ahh ic, I didn't see that card, so yes, you have proven me wrong, check your score :D

Next up is Devil jin, and let me say...lol

Picture: The pictures are what drew me in first, and I for some reason really liked the 3rd image besides the fact it had an email address on the bottom of it. The Block Golem card could use a background, but its indeed a unique look to the card. However, the 2nd card image is a bit of a disappointment, as it doesn't really fit in with the "lego" theme. I still know where you were going though. I decided to give you a...

C+

OCG: This was the next thing I decided to look at, and on your first card, the only real error I see, is I think when you reference a name or part of a name, I think its supposed to be in quotes. If I am wrong, prove me wrong, and I shall raise your score. The 2nd card I believe has the same error. The 3rd card however, when its a fusion, there isn't a line separating the fusion materials and its effect. Also, I didn't quite understand what you ment by its effect. Are you trying to say, if its summoned and destroyed on the next turn, then a "block" isn't effected by cards? If so, you didn't mention how long. You also had 1 or 2 basic English grammar mistakes. I decided to give you a...

B-

Originality: Finally, this part was looked at, and your effects are kind of original, although I might have gotten the effect wrong on the last card. Like I said in the images, your pictures were very original, and the idea, I have never seen done. Although, this isn't as big of a section, I gave you a...

B+

Alright, next up is Grayall.

Picture: I saw the image for the 2nd card, and immediately thought it was a very nice image. The first card could have used a little for focus around the actual guy in the image, but it was still good. And they 3rd was just ok. All in all, the 3 images were pretty good, and seemed to go with their names. I decided to give you a...

B-

B-

OCG: This is what I checked next, and after looking at the first card, I only saw a few ocg errors. The second card was a little better, but Type is supposed to be caps. The 3rd card was a bit worse, as it should have been. This card is not destroyed as a result of battle involving a Warrior-Type monster. After the few mistakes I decided you earned a...

C

Originality: The first card was pretty original effect wise, but the other two, not so much. The images and idea of the cards were pretty unoriginal as well, although you do have a yugioh feel to the cards. But since I liked the effect of the first card a bit, I decided to give you a...

C+

Archived