The Competitive Pokemon Coalition Club MK II

Miror B

[quote name='Renji' timestamp='1340420966' post='5961231']
Dudes, we ever gonna finish dis shiz?

I mean, battles only take like, a few minutes. Not rushing anyone or anything.
[/quote]
I'm waiting for Rai to finish exams so he doesn't have pointless things crowding the important stuff.
Don't know what everyone else is doing though.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Name: .Leo[/background][/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Favorite Pokemon: Salamence[/background][/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Do you have Pokemon Online? [ [b]y[/b] / n ][/background][/center][/size][/font][/color]

[center][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#5a5a5a"][size=3]My pokemon online user is generalization. [/size][/color][/font][/background][/center]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1344198186' post='5998206']
I wish we had an active competitive pokemon club. They are always great for discussion.
[/quote]
Exactly what I think.

So, if dis club doesn't really pick up much in the next few days, I can try startin' up a new one, if no one disagrees of course. Not sure if it'll be much different, but it might be worth a shot. =o

And to try to start up some activiteh, um.. best competitive Gen 5 pokemon? =o

[quote name='Renji' timestamp='1344370546' post='6000281']
And to try to start up some activiteh, um.. best competitive Gen 5 pokemon? =o
[/quote]

Arceus.

It can be anything.

Seriously.

Nonuber: Can't really give it to one since there are so many different niches.

Arceus as stated before but I will go with OU since that is what most players play.

I would have to say Latios tbh. It kills a lot off stuff and can take a lot of hits. Running Modest @ Choice Specs is a very dangerous combination.

I would give it to Scizor.

Between Technician, Choice Band, and Adamant Nature his attack sky rockets and he's so freaking versatile it's crazy.

U-Turn lets him scout if his opening match up isn't great. Bullet Punch is a great STAB/Technician boosted priority move. Superpower covers most of Scizor's real counters like Heatran and Magnezone. Pursuit does huge damage to fleeing Psychic types, and Quick Attack is a Technician boosted priority move that works for things that resist Bullet Punch.

Yea, Arceus is just darn amazin'

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1344389699' post='6000661']
I would have to say Latios tbh. It kills a lot off stuff and can take a lot of hits. Running Modest @ Choice Specs is a very dangerous combination.
[/quote]
I has a Latios named Aster. I can usually take out one Pokemon with him before he gets his butt handed to him by Sucker Punch or Pursuit.

And I myself think Volcarona is one of OU's finest.

Yeah, that is one problem I ran into with Latios in Gen 4 with it getting sucker punched, but in Gen 5, it usually kills off 2-4 pokes before it dies, because sucker punch sees less usage.

Volcarona is cool, but I hate using it without a rapid spinner, which really hinders my teammaking, since I like teams that generally don't care about entry hazards.

I can easily say Bisharp is among UU's best, imo

It's got a great typing, however weak to fire

But that doesn't matter

It thrives on damage

For it survives with focus sash

And either, reversals, or paybacks

Or, if you think you can go for it

First turn, swords dance, then sucker punch

If he just had revenge instead of reversal, tho.. >:

Oh, speaking of Fighting types, Mienshao is so lucky.

It's fast, which is already a great bonus, it's base 125 attack is pretty good, and it learns one of the best Fighting type moves Hi Jump Kick.

And U-Turn. Anything that has U-Turn is lucky.

And it's ability is Regenerator, which lets it put that nice U-Turn to good use along with a Life Orb.

Wow I missed a lot with Scrafty going to UU. I thought it would have been to good for it do go down a tier. I can see a BL tier for it soon, unless it is alright down in that tier (not the biggest UU player). But yeah Mienshao with a scarf is pretty stupid and annoying to deal with.

coughbisharpavicough.

I actually haven't used Bisharp to much, but I always liked him in game, but in competitive due to my lack of UU play, didn't use it to much. I will probably jump on PO and play some UU tomorrow.

[quote name='Kanade Otonashi' timestamp='1344455525' post='6001319']
Oh, speaking of Fighting types, Mienshao is so lucky.

It's fast, which is already a great bonus, it's base 125 attack is pretty good, and it learns one of the best Fighting type moves Hi Jump Kick.

And U-Turn. Anything that has U-Turn is lucky.

And it's ability is Regenerator, which lets it put that nice U-Turn to good use along with a Life Orb.
[/quote]Oh dear god

I wanna try that now :3

[quote name='.Leo' timestamp='1344480839' post='6001603']
Wow I missed a lot with Scrafty going to UU. I thought it would have been to good for it do go down a tier. I can see a BL tier for it soon, unless it is alright down in that tier (not the biggest UU player). But yeah Mienshao with a scarf is pretty stupid and annoying to deal with.

coughbisharpavicough.

I actually haven't used Bisharp to much, but I always liked him in game, but in competitive due to my lack of UU play, didn't use it to much. I will probably jump on PO and play some UU tomorrow.
[/quote]

I actually have Bisharp on my OU team

He's badass if you can be unpredictable =P

He managed to beat a rayquaza and a darkrai, and damage another legendary by 36% :3

Archived