[CFVG] Going to first Tournament Sometime This Week, Need Help

El Majishan

So my Yugimonz local is officially starting Vanguard...so this is what I'm taking. I'll explain choices so you guys get where I'm coming from.

Grade 0: 17

1: Lizard Soldier, Conroe

4: Dragon Monk Genjo
4: Lizard Sodier, Ganlu
4: Embodiment of Spare, Tahr
2: Lizard Runner, Nafd
2: Demonic Dragon Mage, Rakshasa

Grade 1: 14

4: Embodiment of Armor, Bahr
4: Demonic Dragon Mage, Kimnara
4: Flame of Hope, Aermo
2: Wyvern Guard Barri

Grade 2: 12

4: Dragon Knight, Aleph
4: Dragon Knight Nehalem
4: Berserk Dragon

Grade 3: 7

4: Dragonic Overlord
2: Embodiment of Victory Aleph
1: Vortex Dragon

So I went with Stand Triggers over Draw Triggers is because I want the deck to be as aggressive as possible...with the extra attacks I either make the person I'm playing drop more cards from their hand or take extra damage...and with me picking off their Rare Guards with Berserk Dragon and Kimnara most of my attacks should be going to their Vanguard....I also like having 10K Shields and the 5K Shields of Draw Triggers just don't appeal to me in Kagero..

6 Critical Triggers because they are Critical Triggers.

The 4th Aermo is supposed to be a 3rd Barri...but I only have 2..it also kinda makes up for the lack or Draw Triggers.

Only 2 Embodiment of Victory, Aleph because I NEVER want to draw him.

Vortex Dragon is there just because its another Grade 3 and I sold my Goku....I'll replace him when I get my hands on something better (Hopefully a Blazing Flare so I can tech him in)

Any advice is appreciated Thanks ^-^.

...you desperately need gatling claw or else you lose against Royal Paladins. Once you start playing Gatling Claw (seeing as how it'll be one of your only outs early game to the Barcgal combo before it gets going), drop an Aermo and play the 3rd Barri that you're supposed to.

Also, you really need to try and get some other Grade 3 or something. Vortex is going to make you lose so many matches.

[quote name='Kokonoe' timestamp='1335161817' post='5923147']
...you desperately need gatling claw or else you lose against Royal Paladins.
[/quote]

I tested it....but I honestly didn't like it...I mean yeah it stops Barcal...but isn't he banned or something to that effect?

But if I do in fact need it..what should I drop or them?

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1335161993' post='5923149']
I tested it....but I honestly didn't like it...I mean yeah it stops Barcal...but isn't he banned or something to that effect?

But if I do in fact need it..what should I drop or them?
[/quote]

4 Genjo
4 Tahr
4 Rakshaa
4 Gatling Claw

Line up of 8 Crits, 4 Heals and 4 Draws is the best way to go in this deck from personal experience. Afterwards, you can -1 Aermo +1 Barri

[quote name='Kokonoe' timestamp='1335162217' post='5923150']
4 Genjo
4 Tahr
4 Rakshaa
4 Gatling Claw

Line up of 8 Crits, 4 Heals and 4 Draws is the best way to go in this deck from personal experience. Afterwards, you can -1 Aermo +1 Barri
[/quote]

I was running that line up...then I was testing stands and its sooooo good....I'll keep testing the 2 line ups and see what works better...I get where you are coming from with Gatling Claw though.

Maybe something like 6 Critical, 4 Stand, 4 Heal and 2 Draw.

Archived