YVD Tournament with Prizes ... but also with a twist.

First of all, since I said there would be prizes, I guess I should create some prize-ish things or something.

1st Place: 500 Points + 3 Reps

2nd Place: 100 Points + 1 Rep

Remember, Points and Reps on YCM = REAL MONEY. This is a serious tournament. Very serious. So serious, people have killed to advance in it. That's how serious it is. Never underestimate the value of Three Reps.

RULES, because it seems silly not to have any.

1. You may use any card that has been released in the TCG.

2. You may use any card that was released in the OCG prior to or at the time of the OCG release of Phantom Darkness, which occurred on 23 November 2007.

3. You must conduct all duels via the Yu-Gi-Oh Virtual Desktop.

4. You must follow the official rules of the game.

5. You must follow the Atem Penultimate Banlist.

That's right. The twist here is that the tournament uses neither the September 2007 banlist nor the March 2008 banlist. It uses a list superior to both of them, the Atem Penultimate Banlist, which was constructed by people who understand the game far better than Konami does.

[spoiler=The Official Atem Penultimate Banlist]I. Forbidden Cards

You cannot use these cards in your Deck or Side Deck:

ACCUMULATED FORTUNE

BLACK LUSTER SOLDIER - ENVOY OF THE BEGINNING

BUTTERFLY DAGGER - ELMA

CARD OF SAFE RETURN

CHANGE OF HEART

CHAOS EMPEROR DRAGON - ENVOY OF THE END

CHAOS SORCERER

CHIMERATECH OVERDRAGON

CONFISCATION

CRUSH CARD VIRUS

CYBER END DRAGON

CYBER TWIN DRAGON

CYBER JAR

CYBER-STEIN

DAIROKKAN (Sixth Sense)

DARK ARMED DRAGON

DARK HOLE

DARK MAGICIAN OF CHAOS

DECK DEVASTATION VIRUS

DELINQUENT DUO

DIMENSION FUSION

EXCHANGE OF THE SPIRIT

FIBER JAR

GOLD SARCOPHAGUS

GRACEFUL CHARITY

HARPIE'S FEATHER DUSTER

IMPERIAL ORDER

LAST TURN

LAST WILL

LIMITER REMOVAL

MAGICAL EXPLOSION

MAGICAL SCIENTIST

MAKYURA THE DESTRUCTOR

MEGAMORPH

MEIFU NO SHISHA GOES (Gorz the Emissary of Darkness)

MIRAGE OF NIGHTMARE

MONSTER REBORN

MORPHING JAR

NOBLEMAN OF CROSSOUT

PAINFUL CHOICE

PHANTOM OF CHAOS

POT OF GREED

PREMATURE BURIAL

RAIGEKI

RETURN FROM THE DIFFERENT DIMENSION

RING OF DESTRUCTION

SANGAN

SINISTER SERPENT

SKY SCOURGE NORLERAS

SNATCH STEAL

SNIPE HUNTER

THE FORCEFUL SENTRY

THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT

TIME SEAL

TRAP DUSTSHOOT

TREEBORN FROG

TSUKUYOMI

ULTIMATE OFFERING

VICTORY DRAGON

WITCH OF THE BLACK FOREST

YATA-GARASU

NEW! - Accumulated Fortune, Card of Safe Return, Chimeratech Overdragon, Crush Card Virus, Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, Dark Armed Dragon, Dark Magician of Chaos, Deck Devasation Virus, Dimension Fusion, Gold Sarcophagus, Limiter Removal, Magical Explosion, Megamorph, Meifu no Shisha Goes (Gorz the Emissary of Darkness), Monster Reborn, Morphing Jar, Nobleman of Crossout, Phantom of Chaos, Premature Burial, Return from the Different Dimension, Sangan, Sky Scourge Norleras, Snipe Hunter, Trap Dustshoot, Treeborn Frog, Ultimate Offering

II. Limited Cards

You can ONLY use one of the following cards in the Deck & Side Deck combined:

BREAKER THE MAGICAL WARRIOR

CALL OF THE HAUNTED

CARD DESTRUCTION

CARD TROOPER

CEASEFIRE

CHAIN STRIKE

DANDELION (Dandylion)

ELEMENTAL HERO STRATOS

EXODIA THE FORBIDDEN ONE

GIANT TRUNADE

GREEN BABOON, DEFENDER OF THE FOREST

HEAVY STORM

JINZO

LEVEL LIMIT - AREA B

MAGIC CYLINDER

MAGICIAN OF FAITH

MARSHMALLON

MIRROR FORCE

NIGHT ASSAILANT

SPIRIT REAPER

SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT

TRIBE-INFECTING VIRUS

TWIN-HEADED BEHEMOTH

UNITED WE STAND

NEW! - Call of the Haunted, Jinzo, Tribe-Infecting Virus

NEW! - The following cards are no longer Limited: Advanced Ritual Art, Book of Moon, Brain Control, Cyber Dragon, D.D. Warrior Lady, Destiny Hero - Disk Commander, Destiny Hero - Malicious, Fissure, Foolish Burial, Future Fusion, Gravity Bind, Left Arm of the Forbidden One, Left Leg of the Forbidden One, Light and Darkness Dragon, Mage Power, Magical Stone Excavation, Manticore of Darkness, Mask of Darkness, Metamorphosis, Mind Crush, Mystical Space Typhoon, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, Ojama Trio, Ouke no Shinden (Temple of the Kings), Overload Fusion, Pot of Avarice, Raiza the Storm Monarch, Reinforcement of the Army, Right Arm of the Forbidden One, Right Leg of the Forbidden One, Royal Decree, Scapegoat, Smashing Ground, The Transmigration Prophecy, Torrential Tribute, Wall of Revealing Light

So, who feels up to it?

How do you get Yugioh Virtual Desktop?

Here.

I have problems with mine... I can't seem to duel anyone what a shame' date='bcause I'm always listening but nothing happens.

[/quote']

Did you arrange a duel in advance with someone else and give them your IP? It's not like GKO where you start listening and someone will find you.

Once I figure out YVD' date=' I'll enter. Though the chances are, I'll lose. =/

[/quote']

Would this help?

are there no semi-limited cards on that banlist?

None whatsoever. Semi-limiting cards is unnecessary in a well-constructed list.

well snipe hunter is crap to put it bluntly obvious these people must use weighted dices to think that it deserves banning

Or maybe he's banned because he's a highly searchable monster that can perform mass spot removal on any cards he chooses for a relatively low cost, thereby reducing the effect of skill required in the game.

and when it works only 4/6 there is chance that you hand will disappear all snipe hunter is a 0 advantage card if you want to ban all other 0 advantage cards go ahead hey lets ban sangan! Or lets ban D.D. Crow!

Sangan is banned. >_>

and when it works only 4/6 there is chance that you hand will disappear all snipe hunter is a 0 advantage card if you want to ban all other 0 advantage cards go ahead hey lets ban sangan! Or lets ban D.D. Crow!

Neither of those are +0. Sangan is +1; D.D. Crow is -1. For more information' date=' read the extremely handy Card Advantage FAQ that I wrote for people who don't understand the advantage system.

However, the total card advantage is not the reason Snipe Hunter was banned; the problem with Snipe Hunter is the immediate field advantage. Removing any type of card instantly as many times per turn as one wishes = bad for the game.

Yes, there is a chance that you'll roll five 6's in a row, but there is also a chance that Pot of Greed will be the second-to-last card in your deck. That doesn't make Pot of Greed any less broken.

wtf i didnt see it man these list is absolutely the most stupid thing ive ever seen obviously made by people who cant accept losing to people who use OTK decks. They probably just use monarchs all the time.

Yeah, you caught us. Treeborn Frog was banned because we like Monarch decks. We wanted to make them as overpowered as possible, so we got rid of that stupid frog. We also got rid of Premature Burial so that Perfect Circle would become more broken.

Sangan is banned. >_>

lol

btw sangan is a +1

also the 4/6 is good ods, u have a 66% chance of destroying anything on the field, as many times as u want pluss its highly searchable...how can u say that doesn't deserve ban?

well if ur saying that something that has a big impact on the field derseves banning how come raiza isnt on there?

Can't you tell the difference between returning one card to the deck and destroying every card the opponent has on the field? Raiza is strong, but not overpowered.

right ur saying snipe destroys every card on the field if u were a good player you would put all ur good cards on the field at once and risk them all being destroyed

Excellent logic. Sure, every card on your field might be destroyed, and your opponent might be able to attack your life points directly with every monster he has, leading to a quick and easy win, but somewhere in your hand and deck, there must be more good cards! Pity the game is over, so you can't use them.

What's your opinion on Dark Armed Dragon being banned?

Archived