Announcing: Duel Deck - Izzet vs. Golgari

[img]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/966_logo_eq74bta997.jpg[/img]

[img]http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/arcana/966_zyf2yfvx78.jpg[/img]

The Izzet League, under the ingenious mind of its guildmaster, the dragon Niv-Mizzet, has dabbled, delved, and decoded many mysteries in its insatiable thirst for knowledge. Now the dracomagus seeks to plumb the depths of Ravnica’s undercity. But the Golgari don’t welcome interlopers in their dank, moldy realm.

Under the command of the elvish lich lord Jarad, the Golgari have dwelled in darkness long enough. The Swarm grows restless and its rot farms need fresh corpses. Jarad believes the time is right to teach Niv-Mizzet’s magewrights a lesson: that there is no place for Izzet research in the vicious cycle of life and death.

Initial Deck Design: Chris Millar
Final Deck Development: Mark L. Gottlieb
Twitter Hashtag: #MTGIVG
Languages Available: English, Japanese
Release Date: September 7, 2012
MSRP: $19.99

Replicate Vs DREDGE...
Coolness

Release date of this: September 7
Release month of Return to Ravnica: October
I can already see a problem with this.

Izzet had two gimmicks which didn't work next to each other: "When you cast an instant or sorcery", and Replicate. Then again, replicate would have been broken if it cast the copies.
While Izzet had good cards, I'm not sure how they'll build this deck.

Golgari might be a cool deck if they make it a Legacy-grade Dredge deck short of non-black, non-green stuff (Narcomoeba, Lion's Eye Diamond, Breakthrough, Tireless Tribes, etc). I mean, they did make a Legacy-grade Reanimator deck called Graveborn.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1336395354' post='5934273']
Release date of this: September 7
Release month of Return to Ravnica: October
I can already see a problem with this.
Izzet had two gimmicks which didn't work next to each other: "When you cast an instant or sorcery", and Replicate. Then again, replicate would have been broken if it cast the copies.
While Izzet had good cards, I'm not sure how they'll build this deck.
Golgari might be a cool deck if they make it a Legacy-grade Dredge deck short of non-black, non-green stuff (Narcomoeba, Lion's Eye Diamond, Breakthrough, Tireless Tribes, etc). I mean, they did make a Legacy-grade Reanimator deck called Graveborn.
[/quote]

But this is a Duel Deck...they will not make it anything competitive

Archived