[LOCK PLEASE] [The Final Episode] Yu-Gi-Oh! D-Accel: Episode 74/75: The Ultimate End Game

Synchronized

[spoiler=Joining in the fun]

Alright, OK, I'm here, even though there's no duel to correct.

Only kidding! I don't get nearly as much of a kick out of that as you think. Onward!

I must say, I was ready for Hayate to be all 'ooh, more powerful guy coming to steal the show', but Lucien actually being the 'final boss' of D-Accel is good. I was worried, because you brought Hayate back so close to the end and it seemed as if he was going to hijack the whole thing, and well, no worries there.

I was a little put off by the lack of dueling. I mean, cut me some slack, I am on a Yu-Gi-Oh forum. But honestly, this still impressed me, as all your fights do. Seriously, I am really into the whole setup of fights you have, and I can't wait to see the Stage system carry over into D-Accel II. It is, by a long shot, my favourite method of combat I have read so far.

I do hope that Stage V techniques are actually used in D-Accel II, because it seems that nobody can pull them off in an impressive manner. I mean, Alice got her's countered by Calion easily, and Lucien's (which seemed like an awesome end for him) got negated by Number 8, who seems to be a Guardian of some kind, using techniques called Forbidden Seals. Ooh, spooky. I also hope that more Numbers are personified, maybe as more of the residents of the mysterious Erebos.

Props to you, I'm even more psyched to read D-Accel II than I was before.

[/spoiler]

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a lot of back and forth about whether or not we were going to end it with a duel. For a lot of reasons the idea was appealing, but at the same time there was no need for it. I fully understand the relevance of the duels and how useful of a plot device it can be, however the fight was the most emotional/strong way to bring this to a close.

Archived