4 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
4 Mage of Calamity, Tripp
2 Sacred Beast, Nemean Lion
2 Lop Ear Shooter
[12]

4 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
4 Holy Mage, Manawydon.
[8]

If BT07 isn't out in time for my qualifiers, then...

-2 Lop Ear Shooter

+1 Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore
+1 Sacred Beast, Nemean Lion

Suggestions?

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341341400' post='5966479']
I can understand you calling Viviana bad....
But the fact you call ezel bad is beyond me...so kinda explain you reasoning.
[/quote]

Ezel is a sacky version of Garmore which requires you to be on the losing end in order to utilize. So long as you have 2 damage with Garmore, however, you can drop him and pay the cost to instantly be at an advantage. Ezel is also a bad card because his power gain is sub-optimal because of the fact that it is only 1 turn and you will never get that kind of thing again, while Garmore is a constant 21 - 26k smasher than can break your opponent's hand down by a lot. Ezel also has the possibility of making you lose the game by making you top a trigger which could of otherwise won the game for you.

[quote name='Circus Freak' timestamp='1341341838' post='5966485']
Ezel is a sacky version of Garmore which requires you to be on the losing end in order to utilize. So long as you have 2 damage with Garmore, however, you can drop him and pay the cost to instantly be at an advantage. Ezel is also a bad card because his power gain is sub-optimal because of the fact that it is only 1 turn and you will never get that kind of thing again, while Garmore is a constant 21 - 26k smasher than can break your opponent's hand down by a lot. Ezel also has the possibility of making you lose the game by making you top a trigger which could of otherwise won the game for you.
[/quote]

While true (except for the losing end thing), you forgot 3 major factors. Ezel has the ability to reach perfect guard only power levels which can win you games, his effect is not only on ride like Garmore and he has a superior ride giving you access to twin drive sooner which Garmore doesn't.

Yes its a bit sacky...but its far from a bad card.

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341343269' post='5966503']
While true (except for the losing end thing), you forgot 3 major factors. Ezel has the ability to reach perfect guard only power levels which can win you games, his effect is not only on ride like Garmore and he has a superior ride giving you access to twin drive sooner which Garmore doesn't.

Yes its a bit sacky...but its far from a bad card.
[/quote]

Oh, you were talking about the Superior Ride. Wow. Let's address all of your points in unison.
1) Every player is playing 4 nulls and by the time you use Ezel they'll have 1. Your opponent will be holding onto their null guards until you use Ezel if they're a good player, so your argument is really bad.
2) In order to make a good column with Ezel, you need to play Tron. Tron doesn't deserve to be in this deck and you want to be playing Charjgal behind the Vanguard.
3) Garmore's effect, however, is actually consistent and you can get the big columns earlier than when Ezel can. Garmore helps get Gareth on the board really quick and also can help get you Nemean Lion on the board if you're in a bit of a bad position.
4) Superior Ride is really not all that good. Consists of you having to open the nuts already and, in order to use it, you have to sacrifice a Gareth. Not really that good imo.

Even if everyone is playing 4 Null...its always good to force them to waste them.

Tron is better than Chajal...since you know...he can boost any Vanguard and doesnt need a Soul Blast.

Yes...Garmore lets choose who to call..and thats good...but unlike Ezel he's only on ride.

And you seem to be under the impression I'm suggesting that you run one or the other...I see no reason why you can't cut Mage by 2 and play 2 Ezel.

Cron is really bad btw...why give up a Unit and a CB just for the CHANCE of grabbing a grade 3?

You do have to keep in mind that for the Superior Ride, you're giving up 2 precious resources, which you'll never get back. You don't know how precious an 8K booster is until you've essentially given it up just to 'be ahead' of the opponent.

In my honest experience, the Superior Ride, while being okay, just isn't something you should HERP DERP push for in every situation you can find. You push for it if you've got no other options remaining, and can afford to lose an 8K and a 5K booster (the latter being eh if you don't have anything to make that 5K boost look less pathetic), such as in the case of no other Grade 3's in hand except for one you'd rather Call as a Rear Guard than have as a Vanguard.

I honestly agree with your point for Cron though, because I HATE all Shizuka clones with a passion, and they're pretty pathetic boosters if you keep them instead of using them to hope you don't minus.

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341530975' post='5968121']
Even if everyone is playing 4 Null...its always good to force them to waste them.

Tron is better than Chajal...since you know...he can boost any Vanguard and doesnt need a Soul Blast.

Yes...Garmore lets choose who to call..and thats good...but unlike Ezel he's only on ride.

And you seem to be under the impression I'm suggesting that you run one or the other...I see no reason why you can't cut Mage by 2 and play 2 Ezel.

Cron is really bad btw...why give up a Unit and a CB just for the CHANCE of grabbing a grade 3?
[/quote]

So why would I play a card that will force it once, when I can play 8 Grade 3s that will force it all the time? I don't understand your logic.

You're an idiot if you think that Tron > Charjgal. Charjgal doesn't work on [i]only[/i] a Vanguard Garmore. As well as that, Tron will rarely ever go off if you're playing a good opponent. It'll only go off if you're going to win anyway.

Well, there's the factor that makes it infinitely better. It lets you choose what to call. I'd much prefer to call something and consistently make good columns that hope to God I get a good column, or else I lose more advantage than I have to spend.

Also, why would you cut Mage for Ezel? If you can't ride Garmore, Mage is still a decent solution. Manages to hit some decent numbers with a mediocre booster in those situations and it's still a Grade 3. Ezel is just generally a bad card that will not help me in the slightest, considering how all of my Counterblasts will be going to Garmore and the Sleygals for game.

I know that Cron is bad. But Kyrph is worse. =/

Its your deck, so you can play it how you see fit. I wont call you an idiot since I don't know you or your actual intelligence level....but I will call you jackass for the simple reason you're being a dick over CF.

But again Charjal only boost Garmore, and In my testing...its terrible.

Again Ezel is far from a bad card...and I came to the conclusion that people just use him wrong a say he's bad. You use Ezel to replace units that have been killed off or you used as intercepts after you have set up you boosters, you don't just spam call like an idiot and end up with a stupid field. Yes the call is random but its not from the hand and it is multi-use even after you have ridden him. And outside of Garmore..it is the only GP you want in the VG circle. But hey its your deck so run what you want.

And since you're already using set set seven cards....stop being an idiot and take Cron out...even if you dont like Ezel and Kryph be smart and use Spring Breeze Messenger

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341620897' post='5968905']
And since you're already using set set seven cards....stop being an idiot and take Cron out...even if you dont like Ezel and Kryph be smart and use Spring Breeze Messenger
[/quote]

I tested Messenger and I just genuinely don't like it that much. =/

[quote name='Le Magician' timestamp='1341621335' post='5968909']
Why?
[/quote]

I tested 3 games with Messenger and the only reason I like it at all is because it can be a better Viviane from time to time. My opinion probably will change as I play it more, but I just don't really like it. Cron's there because he's actually a fail safe if I don't get Garmore and a viable option if I want some rearguards.

[quote name='Circus Freak' timestamp='1341621423' post='5968910']
I tested 3 games with Messenger and the only reason I like it at all is because it can be a better Viviane from time to time. My opinion probably will change as I play it more, but I just don't really like it. Cron's there because he's actually a fail safe if I don't get Garmore and a viable option if I want some rearguards.
[/quote]

Fair enough...I just dont like the idea of giving up an CB and a Unit just to hope I hit a G3, and when I don't I just look like an ass for wasting resources.

• 5 months later...

--------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/]WoW gold[/url]|[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/Diablo-3-gold/]Diablo 3 Gold[/url]|[url=http://www.mmoggg.de/Guild-Wars-2/index.html]Guild Wars 2 gold[/url]

Archived