3: Mage of Calamity, Tripp
2: Lop Ear Shooter
2: Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion

Grade 3: 8

4: Great Sliver Fang, Garmore
2: Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
2: Holy Mage, Manawydan

Reasons for card Choices:

Lop Ear Shooter: Effect is sexy with Garmore and Ezel....Sucks when you draw it...that's why I'm keeping it at 2.

Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion: With all the random calling...I wanted most of my calls to be useful to me so in goes Nemean.

Comment and Fix.

Ezel without the superior ride is just terrible, since you want garmore to be your vanguard. Oh, and if you can't comprehend why garmore is a better vanguard, consider the fact that garmore searches charjgal immediately upon summon, and charjgal is superior to Tron for the following reasons:
- it can work on rearguard garmores
- it hits 21k or 26k, for the ECG game by this set the strongest vanguards will have 11k so these values are the best for now, compared to trons 21k to 25k.
- tron's condition is that you have more rearguards. This means you have to waist your potential game winning attacks on their front row, or else he is a 6k vanilla.
Also put into perspective, you will probably never use ezel's effect. The reason for this is simple: you need an entire column to be empty to use it twice. If you want to argue that you only need it once, then it would be the exact same thing as garmore, except doesn't guarantee good cards. Therefore we will assume that you're using it twice, however as I mentioned you will need an entire empty column, or have empty backrow. This is a lot of loss in regards to dropping your opponents guarding resources, as they could have either taken more damage or dropped more cards from their hand, this loss on their part being +s to you. In this instance the consistency of optimality provided by garmore actually provides more card/damage advantage than ezel. I can hardly imagine the opponent being low on blocking capability if you've been launching weak attacks up until you used ezel's effect to give it the attack boost, so its somewhat waisted because they either never needed to use their null, or they can simply take the damage.

Aside from ezel I would argue against sagramore g3. Compared to the 12ks, you can reach 20k and 21k columns with the exact same boosters, Gareth and Sleygal Dagger. The main difference is that for each column sagramore needs to counterblast, and cards like gigantech destroyer only need the counterblast when using sleygal dagger.

Nemean Lion should have been an obvious choice from the start so I have no problem with it.

I see you got rid of nimue so I won't argue that.

Tested some of your suggestions...and to be honest I didn't like them.

After 2-3 boost with Charjal...I have to ride again or it becomes a 6K Vanilla. That being the case, Tron tested better for me since it hits in the same damage range as Charjal and its effect boost units other than Garmore.

Though this may shock you...I never use Ezel's effect to fill one column. I usually already have my boosters set up and I use Ezel to replace front row RGs that I have Intercepted with or that were killed off. Yes the calls are random...and its not as good as Garmore's call...but its use is not restricted to when he is called to VC which is a good thing.

I did like the 12Ks though (Holy Mage) so they replaced Sagramore

Archived