Does Money Make You Happy?

Danilus

I can't believe I've come across people who actually believe money will guarantee them happiness.

Money does not guarantee happiness. The happiest person could be the poorest, the richest, or just someone in between. The some goes for the unhappiest. Whether you have money or not, you can enjoy life. And yes, you can enjoy life to its fullest even if you are lining up at the Homeless Shelter every day. Happiness is not found in material items or in safety; it is found in lovinig someone else, in making the best of every situation, in finding a happy thought, in overcoming struggles with hope, in achieving one's goals, in helping another person, in being passionate about what you do.

Naturally, believing money makes you happy is quite different from wanting money. People can wish to be wealthy without believing it will buy them happiness. People just need to understand that money is for buying things and not for, say, filling the heart with love. It is for building a nice house with a lovely garden, which certainly has its advantages, but not for finding the loving family who will live in it with you.

Sorry for the long post, I have alot to say on this issue.

Thoughts?

Well i think Money does make you more happy then without, thats just what I think..

Because with Money you can buy cool clothes > Most people respect you = Happy

You can also buy much food if you like, and eating food you like = Happy

Or kids with money to buy toys, which makes them Happy!

And much much more stuff to buy to make yourself Happy!

But afcourse you can be happy if you dont got much money or even dont got 1 cent,

But i still think that Money makes you happyer then without.

Money does make the world go round, really, it does. I think money itself does not make me happy, apart from the fact that I can gloat, that makes me happy :twisted: . What money can provide makes me happy, if I walk down the street, and see something in a window that I want to buy, I am very happy that I have the money to buy and therefore can have it, which in turn, will provide me with happiness. However, I do not believe that money and what monay provides will bring you eternal happiness, there's always going to be something that really brings us down and makes us unhappy, like the loss of a loved one, and if a house burns down, I personally haven't had my house burn down, but I would be mortified if something like that happened.

Anyway, that's my thought for now... :wink:

Archived