"General Warr-P'g": Because I want more Rituals and Level 9s

Stan Alda

Remember when (non-Gishki) Ritual monsters were actually worth it? This probably isn't going to bring them back, but I think it's fun. The general focuses on buffing up your weaker monsters at the expense of not allowing for Extra Deck monsters; he can't stand the thought of having any stronger monsters than him on the field. In addition, his love of carnage forces both players to attack every Battle Phase, whether they like it or not. Of course, he's got a few protection effects up his sleeve, so he can last longer than your opponent would expect. Using him requires consistently strong field advantage, but his power allows him to lead from the front lines.

[i][b]Rise of General Warr-P'g[/b][/i]
SPELL/Ritual
This card is used to Ritual Summon "General Warr-P'g". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level Stars equal 9 or more from the field or your hand.

[i][b]General Warr-P'g[/b][/i]
DARK
Level 9
Beast-Warrior/Ritual/Effect
This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Rise of General Warr-P'g". You must also Tribute monsters whose total Level Stars equal 9 or more from the field or your hand. As long as this monster is on the field, both players must declare at least 1 attack during their respective Battle Phases. This monster cannot be destroyed during your Battle Phase. When this monster would be destroyed by battle, you can destroy 1 monster on your side of the field instead. Increase the ATK of all Level 5 or lower monsters on your side of the field by 300. Level 5 or lower monsters on your side of the field cannot be used as Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Material.
3300/2700

It looks supportive of low-Level swarm Decks. Even with its protection, it's Level 9 and would require

a high-Level monster that is incompatible with its effect,
3+ low-Level monsters,
several Normal Monsters with Advanced Ritual Art,
or Ritual Raven.

...so while being immune to Torrential, Ryko and battle is cool, it might not be enough to build a Deck around. It only boosts Manju to 1700, for instance.

[quote name='Stan Alda' timestamp='1344448441' post='6020192']
Should I make it Level 8 and nerf its ATK slightly? That could allow for Tour Guide, but who uses Tour Guide for Rituals?
[/quote]
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091121173827/yugioh/images/0/07/DjinnReleaserofRitualsSOVR-EN-R-UE.jpg[/img]

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1346948346' post='6020254']
[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091121173827/yugioh/images/0/07/DjinnReleaserofRitualsSOVR-EN-R-UE.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
...I assume that's a good thing? Also, changed the name of the Ritual Spell Card to "Rise of General Warr-P'g" because I'm planning a different card called "Eve of Destruction".

Archived