Something that takes Yubel to the next level

Yubel Mastery

As you can tell by my username I am a Yubel Deck user. I've been playing Yubel for 5 years and the thought has always ran across my mind: What would make Yubel more on par with some of these meta-otk decks. So it took me a while but I think I have come up with a card that is decent enough to bring Yubel up a tear yet not so broken that this card cannot be considered realistic.

Here's the effect:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. If a face-up "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare" is destroyed, you can pay half your Life Points to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. At the end of the Damage Step, if this face-up Attack Position card battles with an opponent’s monster: Inflict damage equal to that monster’s ATK to your opponent, also destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

Using this card would bring Yubel decks so far. Its not broken due to the cost/condition to summon it and despite the fact that it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects; torrential is at 2, mirror force is at 2, and then there is dark hole so basically you would handle this card like you handle an Obelisk the Tormentor. Unlike Neos Wiseman that cannot be destroyed by card effects, one would not be able to have Terror Incarnate on the field and still expect this card to remain on the field as well at the end of their turn. As a Yubel user, I would run 1 of this card in my deck and use it when necessary. Only 1 due to it being able to be sent to the grave via Armageddon Knight, Dark Grepher, etc. and its also "Sanganable". This cards effect is broken into other card's effects that are not completely broken yet together make a decent card:

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by its own effect. If a face-up "Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare" is destroyed, you can pay half your Life Points to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard." - this part of the effect is based off of Malefic Truth Dragon.

"Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects." - this part of the effect is based off of Obelisk the Tormentor.

"This card cannot be destroyed by battle. You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. At the end of the Damage Step, if this face-up Attack Position card battles with an opponent’s monster: Inflict damage equal to that monster’s ATK to your opponent," - this part of the effect is based off of Yubel - The Ultimate Nightmare

"also destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls." - and this part of the effect is once again based off of Malefic Truth Dragon.

Sorry I don't have artwork for this card... I'm not really creative when it comes to stuff like that but knowing how Yubel gets as the forms progress; this form will probably be even creepier-looking than Ultimate Nightmare. Something on the lines of idk... Spider Legs, maybe 6 wings, with eyes, horns, and faces everywhere. Anyway hope you guys like the card and please give me some constructive criticism to make this card more realistic without taking from its true motive to allow the Yubel deck to continue despite the loss of Ultimate Nightmare.

Archived