Who said LV monsters were gone?

weryllium

Okay, so my last attempt at showing my cards [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][color=#FF8C00]CRASHED[/color] [/b][/font]and [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#FF8C00]BURNED[/color][/b][/font],[s] crushing my self-esteem[/s]

Moving on...

It started with my little brother's sparks of creativity. He came up with the idea of a blob, a small little thing with a single tooth, that took little bites of things, called a [size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive][b][color=#FFD700]CHUB[/color][/b][/font][/size]. And the more it ate, the bigger it grew and the more teeth it had. Also, it was some sort of gelatinous thing, so it just kept regenerating when destroyed. So I figured, I'll make it a LV monster and have it level up into it's next form every time it "eats" another monster. The smaller ones take bites and the bigger ones eat whole monsters, or even the whole field.

PLEASE don't give me the silent treatment this time. Even if you just post "YOU SUCK! NEVER POST ANOTHER CARD AGAIN!", I'd like to be able to think that I'm not being ignored. As always, any criticism, corrections, or comments are very much appreciated.

[color=#DAA520]Chub LV3 - The Appetite
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 1500/DEF 1500
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can tribute this monster to Special Summon [b]1 [/b]"Chub LV5 - The Hunger" from your hand or Deck.

Chub LV5 - The Hunger
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 2000/DEF 2000
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, target 1 monster on the field; decrease its ATK by 500 and increase this card's ATK by 500. During the End Phase[b]:[/b] If this card dealt 1000 or more points of Battle Damage: You can tribute this card to Special Summon "Chub LV8 - The Devourer" from your hand.

Chub LV8 - The Devourer
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 2500/DEF 2500
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Chub LV 5 - The Hunger" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn[b]: [/b]Target one monster your opponent controls; destroy it and increase this card's ATK by 500. During the End Phase of the turn you used this effect[b]: [/b]you can tribute this card to Special Summon "Chub LV10 - The Insatiable" from your hand.

Chub LV10 - The Insatiable
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 3000/DEF/3000
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Chub LV8 - The Devourer" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn[b]:[/b] You can pay 1000 Life Points; destroy all other monsters on the field and increase this card's ATK by 200 for each card destroyed. If you use this effect, this card cannot attack that turn. During your End Phase[b]: [/b]Send 1 other monster you control to the Graveyard or destroy this card.[/color]

So yeah, there they are. Let me know what you think, if they're too strong, too weak, too unbalanced, too anything.

P.S. I plan on making artwork for these guys, depending on when I get a break and if you show any interest in 'em.

Well... I guess they are a bit too strong, and given how easy are summon (A Special Summon From Deck is the easiest thing to get), it might give you a kinda unfair advantage. You might counter it by giving the most powerful effects a stronger drawback, like losing LP when you use them or something. The concept is good, but might need a slight tone down. As I say, make them harder to summon or make their strongest effects a kind of two edged sword.

Good cards, needs OCG fixes though.

Chub LV3 - The Appetite
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 1000/DEF 1000
[b]This card cannot be destroyed by battle.[/b] You can tribute this monster to Special Summon [b]1 [/b]"Chub LV5 - The Hunger" from your hand or Deck.

Chub LV5 - The Hunger
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 2000/DEF 2000
[b]This card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects except its own. [/b]Once per turn, target [b]1[/b] monster on the field; decrease [b]its[/b] ATK by 500 and increase this card's ATK by 500. During the End Phase[b]:[/b] [b]If this card dealt 1000 or more points of Battle Damage:[/b] You can tribute [b]this card[/b] to Special Summon "Chub LV8 - The Devourer" from your hand.

Chub LV8 - The Devourer
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 3000/DEF 3000
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Chub LV 5 - The Hunger" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn[b]:[/b] [b]Target[/b] one monster your opponent controls; destroy it and increase this card's ATK by 500. During the End Phase of the turn you used this effect[b]: you can[/b] tribute this card to Special Summon "Chub LV10 - The Insatiable" from your hand.

Chub LV10 - The Insatiable
LIGHT/Aqua/ATK 3500/DEF/3500
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Chub LV8 - The Devourer" and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed [b]by battle or card effects.[/b] Once per turn[b]:[/b] Destroy all other monsters on the field and increase this card's ATK by 200 for each [b]card destroyed.[/b] If you use this effect, this card cannot attack that turn. During your End Phase[b]:[/b] [b]send a card on your side of the field to the Graveyard [/b] or destroy this card.

I believe this is the correct OCG. Chub LV10 - The Insatiable is [i][u]very[/u][/i] OP'd.

Thanks for the OCG fixes.

Ok, then, let's take LV10's battle immunity away, drop it's base ATK to 3000, and add a 1000 LP cost to use the feeding frenzy effect. Does that help? I'm still not so sure about the very last line. "Send a card"? That sounds to me like you can just dump a trap at the end of each turn to keep it alive.

In principle you could. If you want to limit it to other monsters, then it would be "Send 1 other monster you control to the Graveyard..."

The series as a whole seems rather OP'd. Perhaps limit the entire series to either battle or effect destruction immunity, rather than both. Note that Lv3 is unlikely to sit around very long anyway.

Archived