Are these cards OP'ed? You tell me.

Phantom Kirin

Here are my cards:

Spell Force Manipulator
DARK / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
During your Main Phase, as long as this card is face up on the field, you may move any number of Spell Counters from one card on your side of the field to another card on your side of the field. (This effect does not count as adding or removing Spell Counters for any reason.) Monsters with the same Level as the number of Spell Counters on this card cannot attack.
[ ATK: 1700 / DEF 2100 ]

Mystical Spellsaver
LIGHT / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
When any effect other than the effect of this card adds 1 or more Spell Counter to any card on the field, add one Spell Counter to this card. Once a turn, you may remove 5 Spell Counters from this card to place a Spell card from the graveyard into your hand.
[ ATK: 1900 / DEF: 2000 ]

Mystical Spellcharmer
LIGHT / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
Whenever a monster is Special Summoned, add 1 Spell Counter to this card. Once a turn, you may choose one card on your opponent's side of the field and remove Spell Counters equal to 1 plus the Level of that Monster to take control of that monster.
[ ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1900 ]

Spell Force Alchemist
DARK / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
As long as this card is on the field, all monsters on the field now have a Rank equal to their Level and vice versa. As long as this card is on the field, all counters on the field are considered Spell Counters in addition to their usual type.
[ ATK: 1800 / DEF: 2200 ]

These are the one that I have so far, and I'll think of up of more later. To be clear, I'm kinda making these cards up as I post, so please forgive me if I end up not writing them up right. Also, I may consider just putting in whatever I can think up at random without any sort of theme to them. These cards have a theme to them, but the next ones might not... If doing so is considered as a taboo by the rules of this forum, then please let me know, and I'll do my best to [b]not[/b] do that. Thank you.

Oh, you mean I can put them around that range and it wouldn't be OP'ed? Wow, I didn't know that...

...to be truthful, they were originally Level 4 cards, but I felt that their effects would seriously be too much without a penalty, so I bumped up the Level to act as the cost. Interesting, no?

Anyways, thanks for the C&C. I'll edit them now.

Edit: Are those numbers better?

[quote name='Phantom Kirin' timestamp='1349058913' post='6035438']
Mystical Spellsaver
LIGHT / Level 5
[ Spellcaster / Effect ]
When any effect other than the effect of this card adds 1 or more Spell Counter to any card on the field, add one Spell Counter to this card. Once a turn, you may remove 3 Spell Counters from this card to place a Spell card from the graveyard into your hand.
[ ATK: 1900 / DEF: 2000 ]
[/quote]This. I don't like this. It's too easy.

Well why don't we compare?

[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100723085128/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d0/Endymion%2CtheMasterMagicianSDSC-EN-UR-1E.png/300px-Endymion%2CtheMasterMagicianSDSC-EN-UR-1E.png[/img]

So Endymion here does essentially what yours does. Except HE can only activate his spell reclamation effect once while he's on the field and ONLY when he's summoned from the hand by his own effect. He's also really balanced.

Yours, on the other hand, takes one less Spell Counter, can be used infinitely while it's on the field and doesn't care where it came from.

Plus it's summonable by Magician's Circle.

Hm... You have a point there. How about this?

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Mystical Spellsaver[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]LIGHT / Level 5[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][ Spellcaster / Effect ][/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]When any effect other than the effect of this card adds 1 or more Spell Counter to any card on the field, add one Spell Counter to this card. Once a turn, as long as there are at least two Spellcaster type monsters other than this card on your side of the field with at least 4 Spell Counters on each of them, you may remove 3 Spell Counters from each of those cards and 4 Spell Counters this card to place a Spell card from the graveyard into your hand.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][ ATK: 2050 / DEF: 1550 ][/background][/size][/font][/color]

I do believe that this should fix the problem (can't be summoned by said trap, cost is effectively doubled from before, requires two people with more Spell Counters than a number of Spell Counter using cards can hold to use said ability), although I do not mind being proven wrong.

Edit: As I'm a person who dislikes double posting unless absolutely necessary (read: never), I'll put this here.

Ahem...

Upon actually thinking a bit harder on all this, and checking out a few different cards for similar effect, I have found a (hopefully) better solution for my card's issue on balance...

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Mystical Spellsaver[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]LIGHT / Level 5[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][ Spellcaster / Effect ][/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]When any effect other than the effect of this card adds 1 or more Spell Counter to any card on the field, add one Spell Counter to this card. Once a turn, during your Draw Phase, you may remove 7 Spell Counters from this card to place a Spell card from the graveyard into your hand instead of your usual draw. A Spell card put into your hand by this effect cannot be played on the same turn.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][ ATK: 1700 / DEF: 2000 ][/background][/size][/font][/color]

This version pretty much runs on the same concept as the spell card "Magical Blast", except that you need seven Spell Counters to use, and you can't use the card the same that you pull it out of the graveyard, so it has to sit in your hand for a turn before you can use it. If this is still something that can be abused, do let me know.

Archived