"Madolche Perchlorate Parfait": I'll be positive for once

Stan Alda

I've noticed that a lot of my cards have been about de-buffing and countering lately, so I decided to make something more supportive. This weird Madolche support card takes advantage of the Madolches' self-recycling effects and their sugary sweet nature in the most morbid way possible. Potassium perchlorate [[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potassium_perchlorate"]http://en.wikipedia....ium_perchlorate[/url]] is a powerful oxidizer that burns especially well with glucose--i.e., sugar--producing a explosion powerful enough to power model rockets. Consequently, the chemical dessert gives your Madolches considerable destructive power...by setting them on fire.

[i][b]Madolche Perchlorate Parfait[/b][/i]
SPELL/Quick-Play
Select 1 "Madolche" monster on your side of the field. Increase its ATK by 1000. When the monster declares an attack on a monster with higher ATK or DEF than the selected monster, destroy both monsters. During your next Standby Phase, send the selected monster to the Graveyard.

I know my OCG is iffy, but I came up with this after eating a Mars bar, so I'm on a sugar high right now. CnC, you know the rest.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1349242528' post='6036932']
You want an easy-to-dump Madolche Spell Card. This doesn't help set up Tiaramisu plays because you lose the monster anyways; you might as well use Creature Swap or something and use the un-returned monster in the Graveyard as a target.
[/quote]
When I first made this, I considered changing it to working with a monster on either side of the field, which I thought would make it both a counter and a direct support. The idea wasn't to use Tiaramisu, but rather to use the lower-level monsters as suicide bombers. Like I said, it's the most morbid way possible.

Unfortunately, I made a critical error; their recycling effects only work when the [i]opponent[/i] destroys them, not only subverting the initial premise of recycling your own monsters, but also activating your opponent's Madolche effects should it be used as a counter. D'oh!

Should I add a clause that activates [i]your[/i] Madolches' recycling effects when it's used? It's a Quick-Play Spell, so it's already dumpable, right?

Low-Level suicide bombing makes sense if you have a reason to play those low-powered cards (Mewfeuille, for instance), but you're still losing two cards versus one card lost by your opponent. With Butlerusk or Magileine you can balance out the -1, but you probably wouldn't need the ATK boost.

In my limited experience, a Madolche Mirror Match boils down to Debunking the Madolches and Warwolfs and desperately trying to keep your Chateau out.

What kind of art did you intend for this?

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1349331515' post='6037515']
Low-Level suicide bombing makes sense if you have a reason to play those low-powered cards (Mewfeuille, for instance), but you're still losing two cards versus one card lost by your opponent. With Butlerusk or Magileine you can balance out the -1, but you probably wouldn't need the ATK boost.

In my limited experience, a Madolche Mirror Match boils down to Debunking the Madolches and Warwolfs and desperately trying to keep your Chateau out.

What kind of art did you intend for this?
[/quote]
I was thinking I might take a generic picture of a parfait from Google Images or something and then using GIMP to fill it in with a tileable potassium perchlorate texture. Unfortunately, potassium perchlorate is a white crystalline powder that resembles table salt. The end result would look like a parfait made with table salt, which makes no sense. I was more focused on the effect anyway, and even then I didn't entirely think it through.

Archived