Budget Azorius

El Majishan

I figured in YGO terms this would be a Stun deck?

Creatures: 20

2: Archon of the Triumvirate
2: Skymark Roc
3: New Prahv Guildmage
3: Azorius Arrester
3: Stealer of Secrets
3: Lyev SkyKnight
4: Precinct Captain

Other Spells: 16

3: Dramatic Rescue
3: Detention Sphere
3: Oblivion Ring
3: Azorius Charm
2: Azorius Keyrune
2: Righteous Authority

Lands: 24

8: Plains
8: Islands
4: Azorius Guildgate
4: Glacial Fortress

One of the rules of budget making is to never compromise on your landbase! You should be running 4 Glacial Fortress and 4 Hallowed Fountain before anything else is changed really. Also, budget should never mean running subpar cards for the sake of it. You just should go for an angle that allows you to play better cards.

Although, really, Azorius is just insanely expensive to even try a good deck.

The deck itself just has no clear aim. It's got some serious identity issue between whether it wants to be an aggro deck or a control deck. I feel like it would better as an aggro/midrange stun deck.

4 Judge's Familiar
4 Augur of Bolas
4 Lyev Skyknight
3 Angel of Jubilation
3 Arctic Aven
2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben

That's a good core lineup for creatures.

Dramatic Rescue, Oblivion Ring and Righteous Authority are all pretty bad in this lineup and could easily be replaced with Think Twice, Supreme Judgment, Martial Law or Inaction Injunction (or Dissipate/Syncopate/Negate/Essence Scatter).

roughly 52 Dollars for 4 Hallowed Fountains alone.

Roughly 7 dollars for 4 Glacial Fortress. Much better.

Roughly 2 Dollars for 4 Judge Familiar

Roughly 88 Cents for 4 Augur of Bolas

Skyknight is roughly 20 cents for 4

Roughly 5 dollars for 2 Thalia

Roughly 4 dollars for 4 Angel of Jubilation

Roughly 10 cents for 4 Artic Aven

Of course, this is all US currency, prices used from TCGplayer and shipping not included.

I honestly feel comfortable enough with just the "Tap unless you control either basic land" seeing as their much more budget and fairly fine out-side of turn 1. but -shrugs- im not as skilled in this game as you are Rai.

Martial Law seems like a fairly good choice. As does Supreme Verdict, albiet verdict is roughly 6 USD.

What is the budget your trying to work with, Majishan?

I'm just trying to avoid using Hallow Fountain....but I feel stupid for forgetting about Glacial Fortress. Adding those now.

I like [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)] [/background][/size][/font][/color]Judge Familiar, Essence Scatter and Syncopate so I'll be making some changes.

I'll revise the creature line up. The basic idea I was going for is use Detain and the Guildmage to get attacks in with Stealer and Captain to net hand and field advantage. Then use the Instants to stun and troll the opposing player.

[quote name='El Majishan' timestamp='1349413011' post='6038200']
Righteous Authority?
[/quote]

[img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/rtr/14.jpg[/img]

or did you mean, to neg for it?

Righteous Authority seems to be an okay card to me, +1/+1 for each card in your hand and lets you +1 every turn. Good for your New Prahv and other flyer guys.

Im iffy about the Dramatic Rescue, but i suppose it can work well in theory, same thing going for Detention Sphere, since your also running the Oblivion Rings. Is that (Sometimes) temporary monster removal as important when you've also got a decent amount of detainers? I'd say neg a detention Sphere or a Ring, if you want to try out Martial Law.

Righteous Authority is slow. You'll not want it really. Definitely neg it for Martial Law.

Supreme Verdict is definitely the best card in the deck despite being a /bit/ expensive. Playing the card with Martial Law on the field is basically the equivalent of winning.

Archived