Rift Breakers

Agro

Rift Slicer
LIGHT / Level 4
[ Warrior / Effect ]
When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower banished LIGHT monster.
ATK / 1800 DEF / 1500

Rift Crawler
LIGHT / Level 4
[ Warrior / Effect ]
When a monster you control is banished: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this monster from your hand or Graveyard.
ATK / 1400 DEF / 1200

Rift Wanderer
LIGHT / Level 5
[ Warrior / Effect ]
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 LIGHT monster you control. When this card is destroyed by a card effect; Special Summon 1 of your banished LIGHT monster. A monster Special Summoned by this effect has its effects on the field negated. If this card is in your Graveyard: Up to twice per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
● Return 1 banished LIGHT monster to the Graveyard.
● Banish 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveyard, except "Rift Wanderer".
ATK / 2100 DEF / 1200

Rift Striker
LIGHT / Rank 4
[ Warrior / Xyz / Effect ]
2 Level 4 "Rift" monsters.
Once per turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Material from this card and banish up to 2 other LIGHT monsters from your Graveyard; Add 1 LIGHT monster from your Deck to your hand whose Level is less than or equal to 4 times the number of monsters banished, and if you do, destroy all monsters you control. You cannot summon the added monster this turn.
ATK / 2400 DEF / 1100

Rift Break
Spell
Pay 1000 Life Points; both players can summon 1 of their banished monsters. They are destroyed at the End Phase.

Rift Recon Connection
Spell
Target 2 of your banished "Rift" monsters; Special Summon those targets, then Xyz Summon 1 Xyz Monster using exactly those cards as Xyz Material.

Well I love the set seeing as I needed something to make my Lightray Agents more consistent and less trollish.

For Wanderer the second effect. Where do you Banish the Light monster. Is it on the field, grave, where?

I feel pretty bad for Striker because I can't see why you would use it personally if you do drop the Recon connection spell wouldn't it just be smarter to Go for Excalibur, Paladios,....or a litany of other options.

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1351669021' post='6057813']
For Wanderer the second effect. Where do you Banish the Light monster. Is it on the field, grave, where?

I feel pretty bad for Striker because I can't see why you would use it personally if you do drop the Recon connection spell wouldn't it just be smarter to Go for Excalibur, Paladios,....or a litany of other options.
[/quote]Sorry, Wanderer is from Grave. He's a bit of a Graveyard manipulator.

And Striker's main use is basically to go off. He's a searcher after all. Do you think he needs a buff?

I like striker for Early mid game shenanigans but there needs to be a buff.

In a perfect world I would have already dropped him on a field with two dimensional alchemist and add three cards to my hand (btw not understanding the level restriction what light monster would you search for that is higher than level 8). But seeing as recon provides such quick agro options I just can see the need for the search. That and in the Rifgents build I'm envisioning I would have Earth, Venus, Alchemist, Gold Sarc, RoTA...and probably something else. I don't need my extra to do a suicide search as well.

Archived