YCM SOTW

Night

[center][img]http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/Amirzmom/NwYCMSOTW.png[/img][/center]

[center]Now with all of the reform going on with the rest of the site, I'm thinking showcase could really use some. Therefor, I am presenting this to boost activity and get all of our members doing something proactive. Clearly competitions like this have been attempted before, the [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/257720-ycm-anual-tag-championship/"]Tag Championship[/url] and [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/286950-battle-of-the-elites/"]BOTE[/url] for example. The fist did not work out because it demanded too many contestants (12), and the latter due to the amount of time it consumed, 3 rounds is far too long however it still managed to do well with 7 participating contestants and about 15 submissions, the best competition outcome we've ever seen. A SOTW is perfect for a small scale community like ours, all we need is a minimum of about 3-4 contestants and there is only a single round every week so that it doesn't consume much time while providing a frequent dependable event for members while keeping them proactive and allowing for just about anyone to join in on the fun.[/center]

[center]This thread will serve as a planning thread for now, but we'll kick start this very soon, I'm just waiting for something that will allow for the execution of this to be easier and less of a hassle on Yin's part, however regardless of whether that happens or not I'll still see to it that this be made even if it may not be the most optimal way to go about it.[/center]

[b]Things that need to be sorted out first: [/b][list]
[*]Amount of threads to be created, we'll need a voting thread per week indefinitely, however what will do about discussion threads? Will we make it so that there is a discussion thread to accompany every voting thread or simply one pinned discussion thread to alleviate from a surplus of threads in this section. Keep in mind that both come with their pros and cons.
[*]How will submissions work, will we use a thread to accompany the voting threads, or will we have a single person perhaps Yin or myself allocated to be in charge of submission approval through pm?
[*]How will we decide the theme of each week, will we use a thread and allow for the themes to be decided and discussed by the members or will we allow the victor from the past SOTW to pick the theme for the week?
[*]Who will design the award, I'd be glad to work on it myself, but I'd prefer if we all worked on it and put something unique into the template.
[/list]
These are just some suggestions up for discussion, if you have any other questions or concerns be sure to leave them here, I'm interested in hearing what you guys think would make this successful.

[quote name=''Night' timestamp='1351935907' post='6060137']
I suppose the rest is just trial and error.
It would also be great to know who will participate come the first week.
[/quote]
I will.

"Amount of threads to be created, we'll need a voting thread per week indefinitely, however what will do about discussion threads? Will we make it so that there is a discussion thread to accompany every voting thread or simply one pinned discussion thread to alleviate from a surplus of threads in this section. Keep in mind that both come with their pros and cons."

I say we should have a Info thread, you know like cut off date, theme (submistions should be via pm) one voting thread and one perminite thread for discustions instead of havnig one each week.

"Who will design the award, I'd be glad to work on it myself, but I'd prefer if we all worked on it and put something unique into the template."

I also think we should all work on it.

I think we should change template for the awards maybe once a month (every four SOTWs). Who designs them is another issue: someone else can contribute to that.

- One pinned discussion thread: we can decide theme each week in thread via a changeable poll. We should have a thread made to notify everyone that an SOTW is going on (but the submissions should be done via PM). The submission thread then doubles as a voting thread after all of the entries are in.

My thoughts on it all.

So we all relatively have differing views on this, good to see we've made progress.

Still waiting on something before I start making threads, but expect something by tomorrow regardless.
It's also good to see that members have returned for the most part, so far so good.

Archived