Haunted Kabuki Theater or something.

Northern Sage

Because that anime only thing was kind of dumb.

[color=#006400]Kabuki - Hanamichi Limbo[/color]
Field Spell Card
Once per turn: You can move 1 "Kabuki" card on the field to an appropriate adjacent unoccupied Card Zone. If a "Kabuki" monster you control battles a monster in the same column: It gains 600 ATK during the damage step only.

The "Hanamichi" or "Flower Path" is the stage for kabuki performances.

[color=#ff8c00]Kabuki Spirit - Stagehand[/color]
Zombie/Effect
WIND
Level 4
1200/1800
You can discard this card to the Graveyard; Move 1 "Kabuki" card you control to an appropriate adjacent Card Zone on your side of the field. Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by a monster in the same column as this card.

(A stagehand controlled the revolving mechanisms that made Kabuki famous by turning a wheel, hence its effect).

[color=#fc8550]Kabuki Spirit - Miko[/color]
Zombie/Effect
WIND
Level 4
1300/1000
If this card switches Card Zones: You can add 1 ”Kabuki Spirit” monster from your deck to your hand, except ”Kabuki Spirit - Miko”. If you control a face-up ”Hanamichi Limbo”: You can Special Summon 1 ”Kabuki Spirit” monster from your hand or Graveyard instead. The effects of ”Kabuki Spirit - Miko” can only be activated once per turn.

[color=#008000]Kabuki Ghost Trick - Chünori[/color]
Continuous Spell Card
If this card switches Card Zones: You can target 1 "Kabuki" monster you control; It can attack twice during the Battle Phase. If you control a face-up ”Hanamichi Limbo”: You can destroy 1 card in the same column as this card instead. The effects of "Kabuki Ghost Trick - Chünori" can only be activated once per turn.

[b]Kabuki Spirit - Izumo no Okuni[/b]
Zombie/Xyz/Effect
WIND
Rank 4
1300/1300
2 or more Level 4 Zombie-type monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Move 1 card on the field into an appropriate adjacent Card Zone. This card gains the following effects, depending on the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card:
•2+: Once per turn, when this card switches Card Zones: It gains 1000 ATK, until the End Phase.
•4+: Once per turn, when the effect of a "Kabuki" Spell Card activates: You can add 1 "Kabuki" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand.
•5+: This card's effects cannot be negated.
(Card name is based on the alleged founder of Kabuki).

[color=#008000]Kabuki - Hiki Dōgu of Lost Souls[/color]
Field Spell Card
All "Kabuki" monsters you control gain 500 ATK. Once per turn, if this card changes Card Zones: You can target 1 "Kabuki" monster you control; It gains 800 ATK until the End Phase. If this card leaves the field: You can target 1 "Hanamichi Limbo" in your Graveyard; Add it to your hand.

[color=#ffa500]Kabuki Spirit - Banshee Kuroko[/color]
Zombie/Effect
Level 4
WIND
1400/0
Once per turn, if you control 1 or more "Kabuki" monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your Graveyard). If you do, when this card leaves the field: Banish this card.

I know this is incomplete, but still, CnC.

Holy cow this is absolutely gorgeous.<3 I'm a big fan of Japanese stuff and the Kabuki Theater is no exception. It reminds me of Karakuri, due to the lane-changing in place of battle positions, but I like the way it works. I play on DN more than in reality, but I can see these working veeery well in a real game, with the freedom to move the spirits across the stage for their full potential.

I really have little to say, other than I really like how they work right now. I personally think they are a bit weak, but they do have good searching/recycling potential. Not to mention you can use Book of Life with them.

Perhaps if they get a good strong support card that lets them survive against most other things, then they'd be purrfect!

E: Oh wow just realized the ATK potential of the Xyz. 2900 is quite decent, with you capable of detaching after the battle phase. Nice!

Archived