Burden of the mighty for Xyz

Sora1499

Self-explanatory. Tell me watcha think!

Burden of the Ungodly
Spell/Continuous
All Xyz monsters your opponent controls gain 2 ranks. All monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to their level/rank x100.

Pros:
*Burden of the Mighty that affects Xyz, nuff said.
*Decks like Hieratics can no longer summon gaia dragon.

Cons:
*Allows decks like rabbit to summon Gaia dragon.
*Can be MST'd easily.
*Eats up deck space.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1352950062' post='6069999']
If a given Xyz monster had a level, it would be about equivalent to its rank +2. 3-mat Xyz would be its rank +4, and so on. So this card puts Xyz in their place instead of barely touching them.
[/quote]I don't see how that really affects the use of them though....

It doesn't whatsoever, it's more like a point of reference. But say your opponent had Utopia on the field and this was in play. Utopia wouldn't lose much ATK, whereas its level 6 counterpart would. Therefore, if I didn't include the +2 to ranks clause, this card would face the same problem that currently makes burden of the mighty unusable.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1352950447' post='6070008']
It doesn't whatsoever, it's more like a point of reference. But say your opponent had Utopia on the field and this was in play. Utopia wouldn't lose much ATK, whereas its level 6 counterpart would. Therefore, if I didn't include the +2 to ranks clause, this card would face the same problem that currently makes burden of the mighty unusable.
[/quote]OH! I missed that you had put both level and rank. Sorry about that, I see how it works now. I feel kinda stupid now :P

Archived