That moment when you find out that

Vector Nightmare

Yugioh is really called Duel Monsters and the Millenium Items really exist and if you lose you go to the Shadow Realm forever and ever

This is actually my first post in the Written section, or any non-CW section for that matter, in a long, long time. So instead of posting some regular cards which is too mainstream after all, let's celebrate with some completely over\dramatic anime cards with some... highly controversial effects.

[spoiler=Funsies][b]Gambler's Hell[/b]
SPELL | Continuous
This card cannot be removed from the field and its effect(s) cannot be negated. Once per turn, during the Main Phase, the controller of this card must flip a coin. That coin flip cannot be repeated and its outcome cannot be changed by card effects. If Heads: the controller of this card chooses and destroys 1 card on the field. If Tails: place 1 "Death Counter" on this card. If this card has 3 "Death Counters" on it: the controller of this card loses the Duel. If this card's controller loses the Duel: they lose their life.

[i]Rulings: Cheating in any way or form is acceptable and encouraged. However, if the opponent catches on and can prove you are cheating after a coin flip, that coin flip is immediately treated as "Tails".[/i]

[b]Ritual of Hell[/b]
SPELL | Ritual
This card's activation and effect cannot be negated. Offer 1 human life as a Tribute: Special Summon, from your hand, Deck or Graveyard, 1 "Demon Lord, Mephisto".

[b]Final Ritual[/b]
SPELL | Ritual
This card's activation and effect cannot be negated. Offer any number of human lives as a Tribute (min. 3) and Banish 1 "Demon Lord, Mephisto" you control. Special Summon, from your hand, Deck or Graveyard, 1 "Mad Demon, Maelstrom Mephisto". Place a number of "Hell Counters" on the Summoned monster equal to the number of lives offered as a Tribute.

[i]Rulings: To sacrifice a human life via the effect of "Ritual of Hell" or "Final Ritual", generally all you need to do is declare your intent in a grave fashion and dramatically point at the intended victim. However if the victim has some sort of magical power backing them up and / or extremely strong willpower, they may be able to resist the effect. In such cases it is useful to incapacitate your intended victims first, to make sure the card works. If the minimum required cost cannot be paid within a reasonable amount of time after the card's activation, the user's life will be claimed instead.[/i]

[b]Demon Lord, Mephisto[/b]
LV 10 | DARK | Fiend | Ritual
2500 | 2000
Cannot be Summoned except by the effect of "Ritual of Hell" or by its own effect. If this card leaves the field, except by the effect of "Final Ritual": Banish it, then during your next Standby Phase, Special Summon it. When this card destroys another monster by battle: Banish that monster, then deal damage to your opponent equal to its ATK, and gain Life Points equal to the damage dealt. If this card's controller loses the Duel: they lose their life.

[b]Mad Demon, Maelstrom Mephisto[/b]
LV 12 | DARK | Fiend | Ritual
5000 | 4000
Cannot be Summoned except by the effect of "Final Ritual". This card is not affected by your opponent's card effects and cannot be destroyed by battle. During each of your End Phases, remove 1 "Hell Counter" from this card. If this card has no "Hell Counters" on it, the controller of this card loses the Duel. If this card's controller loses the Duel: they lose their life. You can remove a number of Hell Counters from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:
• 1: Draw 1 card.
• 2: Deal 2000 damage to your opponent.
• 3: Banish 1 card on the field.
• 4: During this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack 3 times.
• 5: Banish cards from your opponent's Deck, until that deck has 1 card left.

[i]Trivia: "Mephisto" is a demonic name of obvious origin. Maelstrom Mephisto is inspired by the song of the same name, by Dimmu Borgir.[/i]

[b]The Death God's Eyes[/b]
SPELL | Normal
This card's activation and effect cannot be negated. For the rest of the duel: you can check the contents of your opponent's hand, deck (you are not allowed to change the order of cards in your opponent's deck) and any Set cards on the field freely. If you lose the Duel: you lose your life.[/spoiler]

So now that we've had our fun with those, let's take a looksie at something that involves less human sacrifices. Yes, another take on Ra, this time attempting to emulate the anime effect. Also because I had fun rewatching the episodes where Marik was reviving it again and again, I made some relevant support. These are actually a bit more realistic so I'd appreciate some balance-related comments as well.

[spoiler=THE SUN OF GOD DRAGON]
[b]God's Revival Altar[/b]
SPELL | Continuous
Banish 1 "Monster Reborn" from your hand, and select 1 Level 10 or higher monster in your Graveyard. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: Special Summon 1 monster with the same name as the selected monster from your Graveyard. If you cannot: send this card to the Graveyard, and take 4000 damage.

[b]God of the Sun - Winged Dragon of Ra[/b]
LV 10 | LIGHT | Pyro
4000 | 4000
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters you control. This card cannot be Special Summoned except from the Graveyard. The Summon of this card cannot be negated. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Special Summoned, send this card to the Graveyard (this effect cannot be negated). You can pay 1000 Life Points to activate 1 of the following effects:
• Destroy all monsters on the field.
• This card gains 1000 ATK.
• While this card is in Defense Position: this card is not affected by your opponent's card effects until your opponent's next End Phase.

[i]Trivia: the first of the three effects that can be gained is the suicide-bombing Phoenix mode. The second effect is the Life Point transfer effect. The third is essentially the sealed form.[/i]

[b]God's Prophet[/b]
LV 4 | LIGHT | Spellcaster
1600 | 1400
Tribute this face-up card: add 1 "Monster Reborn" from your deck or Graveyard to your hand. You cannot activate or Set that card. Banish this card in your Graveyard: when a "God of the Sun - Winged Dragon of Ra" you control or in your Graveyard would be Banished or returned to your hand or deck: send it to the Graveyard instead.

[b]Pyroclasm[/b]
SPELL | Normal
Activate only if you control a Level 10 or higher Pyro monster. Destroy all cards in your opponent's Spell & Trap card zone, and inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed.
[/spoiler]

Archived