Rinne's friends got him into [M:tG] cards in his spare time.

bury the year

I'm still horrible at the game and only play online through Cockatrice, but w/e. It's more a way to socialize with some of my (forgive me) nerdier friends. Anyways, have a card from the files. More may come later. Design notes are found by hovering on the card name.

[acronym=I like cards that punish people for having multiples of common tech, such as Extirpate and Surgical Extraction. This is a bit of a different approach to the mechanic. Its applications are limited at the beginning, but it becomes almost ludicrous near the endgame. The name was the hard part.][b]Spurn[/b][/acronym] - {U}
Instant
Counter target spell that shares its name with another card in its owner’s graveyard.
[i]If at first you don’t succeed, give up.[/i]

[acronym="Originally 1/4. What do you think?"][b]Wall of Wolfnettles[/b][/acronym] - {1}{G}{G}
Creature – Wall
Defender, deathtouch
[i]"I knew most nettles had teeth, but never like [/i]this![i]" - QUOTECITE[/i]
1/5

[acronym="Right now it's very badly worded, but I'm not sure if there is any way that's better. Help?"][b]Empath’s Plague[/b][/acronym] - {B}{B}
Enchantment - Aura
Whenever a creature dies, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature.
[i]It’s dangerous to read thoughts if they’re all of sheer terror.[/i]

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1353833670' post='6077373']
Would this hose flashback or is a spell cast with flashback exiled beforehand?
[/quote]

Technically, neither.
A "spell" is an object on the stack. Therefore, if you cast a spell, it is on the stack (not in the hand or Graveyard, or wherever you cast it from).

However, this sort of hurts flashback in such that decks trying to abuse flashback generally dump a lot of cards into their Graveyard and can very likely have another card with the same name in their Graveyard.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1353850621' post='6077445']
However, this sort of hurts flashback in such that decks trying to abuse flashback generally dump a lot of cards into their Graveyard and can very likely have another card with the same name in their Graveyard.
[/quote]

Didn't think of that when designing it, but iirc graveyard and flashback has been overrunning the current meta, so having something that could help hose it isn't necessarily bad.

Also, added another card. Read the annotation - I need some help with balance.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1353818147' post='6077238']
[acronym="Not quite sure about this one yet, particularly the cost/toughness ratio. Either bump the cost to {3}{G} or make the P/T 1/3. What do you think?"][b]Wall of Wolfnettles[/b][/acronym] - {2}{G}
Creature – Wall
Defender, deathtouch
[i]"I knew most nettles had teeth, but never like [/i]this![i]" - QUOTECITE[/i]
1/4
[/quote]

The sad part is that this is actually kinda balanced. Heck, a 2 mana reach deathtouch creature isn't even worth playing in Standard anymore, and you basically neutered by adding 1 more mana to its cost and removing its reach, with the only compensation being being able to survive small creatures and Searing Spear. Noting green's power level of creatures, I think this is just fine in green. If we were talking about any other color or colorless, I'd probably say to put this to 4 mana and maybe make its toughness 5 as well, but for green this design seems just fine.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1353874858' post='6077799']
The sad part is that this is actually kinda balanced. Heck, a 2 mana reach deathtouch creature isn't even worth playing in Standard anymore, and you basically neutered by adding 1 more mana to its cost and removing its reach, with the only compensation being being able to survive small creatures and Searing Spear. Noting green's power level of creatures, I think this is just fine in green. If we were talking about any other color or colorless, I'd probably say to put this to 4 mana and maybe make its toughness 5 as well, but for green this design seems just fine.
[/quote]

In that case, I think I might give it +0/+1. Thanks for the insight, though. As I said, I'm rather new and haven't observed much which cards are favored over others. :3

[center][img]http://magiccards.info/scans/en/isd/184.jpg[/img][/center]

You have this, which is pretty much on the same level as your wall. You probably want to change up the cost to 1GG, instead of 2G. But otherwise, both 1/4 and 1/5 could be fine.

Spurn is fine. Empath's Plague could easily be BB.

Archived