Void Golem
DARK-Attribute
Level 3
[Rock/Effect]
[i]You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) when a monster is Special Summoned from either Graveyard to your side of the field by sending the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard.[/i][i] This card cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.[/i]
ATK/500 DEF/1900

[quote name='S-Jam' timestamp='1354569167' post='6084322']
Void Golem
DARK-Attribute
Level 3
[Rock/Effect]
[i]When a monster is Special Summoned from any Graveyard to your side of the field: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card (from your hand). This card cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. Each player can activate the effect of "Void Golem" once per duel.[/i]
ATK/500 DEF/1900
[/quote]

A: If this is supposed to be an in-built Summon, you worded it completely wrong and it would have to be completely rewritten. The Condition:Cost;Effect style is for Effects, especially because they go on the chain (even if it's an effect that summons itself) and you aren't supposed to put the location it came from in parenthesis, as in (from your hand). In-Built Summons don't go on the Chain and they put locations in parenthesis. So either take away the parenthesis to make it an Effect proper or rewrite the whole thing to make it a proper In-Built Summon.

"You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) when a monster is Special Summoned from either Graveyard to your side of the field by sending the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard."

B: "Each player can activate the effect of "Void Golem" once per Duel"
-- Which effect and how? The only effect that can be activated if the first one, which means that is an effect and not Summoning Instructions for an In-Built Summon, so you still need to get rid of the parentheses around (from your hand). Then, the only way your opponent could use this (as opposed to their own copy of it) would be if this card ends up in their hand with something like Exchange. So it should say "You can only activate..." not "Each player..." If it ended up somehow in your opponent's hand, the text would still apply because "You" are the one with the hand in your hand at the time (whether that "You" is you or your opponent).

C: Why do you need the Once per Duel restriction at all?

Once per duel restriction isn't necessary at all. The fact that it's reliant on the hand more than serves as a drawback. In addition, you could take out the Tribute Summon restriction as well.

Just make it so you can Special Summon it from the hand when a monster(s) is Special Summoned from the Graveyard to your side of the field. Even then, it probably wouldn't see much play, but it'd be much more viable.

Archived