Two Random Ideas of the Day

Kingdom Xathers

Dual-Axe Hybrid Orc

EARTH/Rank 4/Warrior/Xyz/Effect/2100 ATK/2000 DEF

2 or more Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters (max. 5)
Once per turn, when this card destroys a monster by battle: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack once more in a row, and if this card battles an opponent's monster, this card gains 600 ATK during damage calculation only, and the battle damage your opponent takes from that battle is doubled.

Deja-Vu Magician

WIND/Level 4/Spellcaster/Effect/1450 ATK/1450 DEF

You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Spell Card. If this Set card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard; you can conduct your next Battle Phase twice. During the End Phase of the turn this Set card in your Spell & Trap Card Zone was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard; you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

I personally like the Deja-Vu Magician a lot. It's something I'd definitely use. The Xyz Monster maybe not. It's nice but it doesn't necessarily fit my style. Plus he seems just a *little overpowered... Also, something that's sort of bugging me is the wording on Dual-Ax Hybrid Orc. It seems like it's a huge run-on sentence for his effect. Maybe if it were something like;

[i]"Once per turn, when this card destroys a monster by battle: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack once more in a row. If this card battles an opponent's monster, this card gains 600 ATK during damage calculation only. Any battle damage your opponent takes from a battle with this monster is doubled."[/i]

It's not much of a change but there you go. I'm assuming that you get the attack increase regardless, as long as you're attacking, therefore making the way that last part was worded a little reduntant... I may not be an expert on OCG but that feels better to read than what you had, at least for me. Nice cards regardless! I'd give them both an 8/10.

Archived