Missing Man Formation (X-Saber Xyz)

玄魔の王

So as of right now, X-Sabers seem to be done. Konami isn't making them any more stuff. I don't know if I like that, so I decided to make a couple more Missing X-Sabers.

M-X-Saber Vanguard
EARTH/Beast-Warrior/Rank 4/2200/1200
2 Level 4 EARTH Monsters
While this card has a 'X-Saber' Monster attached to it as Xyz Material, all "X-Saber" Monsters you control gain 400 ATK. Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 Level 4 or lower 'X-Saber' Monster from your Deck to your hand.

M-X-Saber Dual Breaker
EARTH/Warrior/Rank 6/2700/2300
2 Level 6 EARTH Monsters
Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy set cards on the field, up to the number of face-up Attack Position 'X-Saber' monsters you control.

M-X-Saber Commander Dai-Gatmuz (bonus points if you get this subtle reference)
EARTH/Beast-Warrior/Rank 9/3800/2300
2 Level 9 'X-Saber' Monsters
You can Xyz Summon this card by using 1 Rank 6 or higher "X-Saber' Xyz Monster as Xyz Material (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become attached to this card). In that case, this card cannot activate or resolve its effect(s). You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent discards 1 random card from their hand. The effect of "M-X-Saber Commander Dai-Gatmuz" can only be used once per turn.

I may do more than these, or I may stick with these ones and just make X-Sabers and/or XX-Sabers to support their summoning. As always, community thread.

Vangaurd: 2600 ATK beater that's a -0 (I think...). Unsure if brilliant or overpowered... Good name too.

Dual Breaker: Seems reasonable, competing with generally better Xyz's butin a deck that can consistently Faul-Troll level six's may be of some use.

Dai-Gatmuz: 3800 ATK beater from CHAOS XYZ CHANGE-ERR!!! Good that it is permanently purged of its effect for doing so. Well... I don't really know enough of X-Sabers to comment, but doesn't seem uber-broken.

So overally good... I think...

[quote name='Bahamut Shark' timestamp='1355078514' post='6089207']
Vangaurd: 2600 ATK beater that's a -0 (I think...). Unsure if brilliant or overpowered... Good name too.[/quote]

Thank you on the name. It comes from the fact that since it recruits more monsters, it's essentially at the front lines. It's also easy to make first turn. Odds are it will only ever get its effect once; if it does get it twice, you lose the boost. Though I did just realise this thing is nastier than Gear Gigant because of Anu Piranha and Rabbit. D'oh.

[quote]Dual Breaker: Seems reasonable, competing with generally better Xyz's butin a deck that can consistently Faul-Troll level six's may be of some use.[/quote]

I wanted its effect to compliment Saber Slash; since that card hits the face-ups, this hits sets. Even if it's alone, it's at least an MST.

[quote]Dai-Gatmuz: 3800 ATK beater from CHAOS XYZ CHANGE-ERR!!! Good that it is permanently purged of its effect for doing so. Well... I don't really know enough of X-Sabers to comment, but doesn't seem uber-broken.[/quote]

Yeah, I knew if I didn't purge it for coming out that way it would be stupidly powerful. Also, I made it only Rank 6 or higher to prevent broken shenanigans with Invoker or Vanguard. That means only Dual Breaker will do for now, but that actually forces you to run that unless you wanna try and make this beast with 2 Gottoms. If you do, I question why you hadn't won yet.

[quote]So overally good... I think...
[/quote]

Thanks for the input.

[quote name='Maxxion' timestamp='1355079389' post='6089221']
First thing, cause it bothers me: It's spelled Vanguard xD
[b]Agh, bloody typos. I'll fix that.[/b]
Gatmuz...I honestly don't see how much use it's effect would get, since the only level 9 X-saber springing to mind is the synchro monster.
[b]That's sorta the point. It will most likely only be brought out as a beater; but at 3800, it's worth running even for that. Besides, Xyz Reborn says hi. Chain Reborn to MST, then detach Reborn to pitch a card.[/b]
[/quote]

Archived