Conquering Beasts/Revelation Beasts

Stan Alda

Daniel's vision of four beasts and Revelation's Beast out of the Sea and Beast out of the Earth are two familiar biblical apocalyptic prophecies. Why not adapt them into cards?

The "Conquering Beasts" are based on Daniel's prophecy of four beasts (Daniel chapter 7) that represent four world empires: a lion for Babylon, a bear for Medo-Persia, a leopard for Alexander the Great's Greek empire, and an ill-defined iron beast for the Roman empire. (Whether the beasts also represent more contemporary powers is debatable, but in this case, the represent the empires as stated above.) They are increasingly powerful Semi-Nomis that must be summoned in a set order.

[b][i]Conquering Lion of Babylonia[/i][/b]
Level 4
EARTH
Beast/Effect
During your Main Phase; you can offer this card as a Tribute; Special Summon 1 "Conquering Bear of Medo-Persia" from your hand. When your opponent declares an attack on this monster and destroys it: Special Summon 1 "Conquering Bear of Medo-Persia" from your hand or Deck; you cannot summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect.
1800/1800

[b][i]Conquering Bear of Medo-Persia[/i][/b]
EARTH
Level 5
Beast/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "Conquering Lion of Babylonia". When this monster destroys a monster in battle; destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. During your Main Phase; you can offer this card as a Tribute; Special Summon 1 "Conquering Leopard of Greece" from your hand or Deck; you cannot summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect. When your opponent declares an attack on this monster and destroys it: Special Summon 1 "Conquering Leopard of Greece" from your hand or Deck.
2300/2300

[b][i]Conquering Leopard of Greece[/i][/b]
EARTH
Level 6
Beast/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "Conquering Bear of Medo-Persia". When your opponent has at least 3 monsters on their side of the field: this monster can attack 4 times per Battle Phase; banish this monster after you activate this effect. During your Main Phase; you can offer this card as a Tribute; Special Summon 1 "Conquering Iron Beast of Rome" from your hand or Deck; you cannot summon monsters during the turn you activate this effect. When your opponent declares an attack on this monster and destroys it: Special Summon 1 "Conquering Iron Beast of Rome" from your hand or Deck.
2800/2800

[b][i]Conquering Iron Beast of Rome[/i][/b]
EARTH
Level 7
Beast/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of "Conquering Leopard of Greece". When this monster destroys a monster in battle; destroy 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field and increase this monster's ATK and DEF by 200. This monster's effects cannot be negated, and your opponent cannot activate card effects in response.
3300/3300
--
The "Revelation Beasts" (both are mentioned in Revelation 13; the sea-beast is first mentioned in Rev. 11 and further detailed in Rev. 17) are a Synchro and an Xyz that mutually support each other but are weak to LIGHT Warrior and Fairy monsters.

[b][i]The Beast Out of the Sea[/i][/b]
WATER
Level 9
Beast/Synchro/Effect
1 WATER Tuner monster+1 or more WATER non-Tuner monsters
As long as "The Beast Out of the Earth" is on your side of the field: increase this monster's DEF by 500, and this monster cannot be destroyed or banished by card effects while it is in face-up Defense Position. When this card is removed from the field by a card effect: You can target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; banish that monster and Special Summon this monster in face-up Defense Position.
4000/3500

[b][i]The Beast Out of the Earth[/i][/b]
EARTH
Rank 6
Beast/Xyz/Effect
3 Level 6 monsters
During your Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 monster; destroy all cards on the field except this card. As long as this monster has 3 attached monsters: this monster cannot be destroyed by battle. As long as "The Beast out of the Sea" is on your side of the field: increase this monster's ATK by 500. When your opponent destroys this monster in battle or activates an effect that would remove this monster from the field while it has no monsters attached: Banish this card.
3500/4000

I like the Conquering Beasts, I'm kinda iffy on the Revelation Beasts

My reason is that cards that can be upgraded are some of my favorites, (LV monsters, Yubel, ZWs)

Cards that have weaknesses to specific types are some of my least favorite cards. Revelation beasts, being weak to LIGHT warrior and LIGHT Fairy monsters is something that I don't like to see with their own effects

• 2 weeks later...

Archived