Noble Effigies

VictorSempra

This is a series of Chess-themed cards me and my good friend MachinaGayhem have been working on. Enjoy.

[b]Warmaster - White Pawn[/b]
Light/Level 1
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn: This card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone. When this card is Summoned: Target 1 unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your opponent's side of the field; your opponent cannot Special Summon monsters in the targeted Monster Card Zone. When this card has been on the field for three or more turns, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Noble Effigy" monster from your Deck or Graveyard, except "Noble Effigy - White King".

[b]ATK 1000/DEF 1000[/b]

[b]Warmaster - White Rook[/b]
Light/Level 4
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn: This card can move to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone. All battle damage your opponent receives from this card is halved. If there is no Monster Card on your opponent's side of the field in the same column as this card, this card can attack your opponent directly

[b]ATK 2000/DEF 1000[/b]

[b]Warmaster - White Knight[/b]
Light/Level 4
Warrior/Effect
[color=#5a5a5a][font=Arial][size=3][background=#fbfdfe]When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Noble Effigy" monster from your deck to your hand. Once per turn: This card can move to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone. Once per turn: If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 Level 5 or Lower "Noble Effigy" monster from your deck to your hand. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle while your opponent controls a "Noble Effigy - Black" monster in their Spell/Trap Card Zone that is in the same column as the destroyed monster: You can add 1 "Noble Effigy - White King" or "Noble Effigy - Black King" from your deck to your hand. This effect can only be activated once while this card is face-up on the field.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[b]ATK 1900/DEF 1600[/b]

[b]Warmaster - White Bishop[/b]
Light/Level 5
Warrior/Effect
When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned it is changed to Defense Position. Once per turn: This card can move to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone. While this card is face-up on the field. Your opponent cannot target a Level 4 or Lower "Noble Effigy" that is adjacent to this card for an attack.

[b]ATK 800/DEF 2200[/b]

[b]Warmaster - White King [/b]
Light/Level 8
Warrior/Effect
You can Special Summon this card from your hand if there are two "Noble Effigy" monsters on the field. This card cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: This card can move to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Card Zone. While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot Summon or activate the effects of cards in the same column as this card. Your opponent cannot target another "Noble Effigy" monster you control for an attack, except "Noble Effigy - The King".

[b]ATK 1500/ DEF 2800[/b]

[b]Warmaster - White Queen[/b]
Light/Level 8
Warrior/Effect
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: This card can move to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. Once per turn: If a face-up "Noble Effigy" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can destroy 1 monster on the field.

[b]ATK 2800/ DEF 1500[/b]

"Noble Effigy" doesn't sound very catchy; change it to something like "Warpiece" or "Warboard". Don't add a "White" prefix unless you intend on adding Black ones; if you can't, remove "White". For example, "Noble Effigy--White Pawn" would become "Warpiece Pawn" or "Warboard Pawn".
Gameplay-wise:[list]
[*]Switch them to Warrior-types, as Warriors have more support than Rock.
[*]Lower King's level, or make it easier to summon or search.
[*]Add column or zone-based effects for Knight and Queen.
[*]Try adding a Field Spell. For example: [i]Once per turn, during your Main Phase:[/i] [i]You can move 1 "Warpiece"/"Warboard" to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your opponent's side of the field; your opponent cannot use that monster as Synchro or Xyz Material. If there are at least 3 "Warpiece"/"Warboard" monsters on the field: this card cannot be destroyed or negated by card effects.[/i]
[/list]
[i]​[/i]I like the idea of a zone/column-based archetype, but I think it would be better for a lockdown strategy than for...whatever it is now. On a side note, would you mind reviewing my "Conquering Beasts/Revelation Beasts"? ([url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294240-conquering-beastsrevelation-beasts/"]http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294240-conquering-beastsrevelation-beasts/[/url])

[quote name='Stan Alda' timestamp='1355342012' post='6091447']

"Noble Effigy" doesn't sound very catchy; change it to something like "Warpiece" or "Warboard". Don't add a "White" prefix unless you intend on adding Black ones; if you can't, remove "White". For example, "Noble Effigy--White Pawn" would become "Warpiece Pawn" or "Warboard Pawn".
Gameplay-wise:[list]
[*]Switch them to Warrior-types, as Warriors have more support than Rock.
[*]Lower King's level, or make it easier to summon or search.
[*]Add column or zone-based effects for Knight and Queen.
[*]Try adding a Field Spell. For example: [i]Once per turn, during your Main Phase:[/i] [i]You can move 1 "Warpiece"/"Warboard" to an unoccupied Monster Card Zone on your opponent's side of the field; your opponent cannot use that monster as Synchro or Xyz Material. If there are at least 3 "Warpiece"/"Warboard" monsters on the field: this card cannot be destroyed or negated by card effects.[/i]
[/list]
[i]​[/i]I like the idea of a zone/column-based archetype, but I think it would be better for a lockdown strategy than for...whatever it is now. On a side note, would you mind reviewing my "Conquering Beasts/Revelation Beasts"? ([url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/294240-conquering-beastsrevelation-beasts/"]http://forum.yugiohc...elation-beasts/[/url])
[/quote]

The "White" prefix is fine because we were both discussing the black ones that are going to be made soon.

Of course, with the new feedback i'll probably get a message or 2 on what we should do to tweak the queen, king and horse seeing as how those seemed to be the most difficult to work on. So those, i assume are just bases so that he can get feedback on the effects i helped him with. (Trying to relate it mostly to chess is kind of hard but it's good to work on difficult stuff I guess. Feels more rewarding once you can get something that you and everyone else will like.) Also, Pawn does seem a little slow so maybe his effect will be boosted with S/T support. Tried making his effect based on what the pawn does when he reaches the opponent's field without dying.

S/T Support, I believe, will be mentioned shortly since we are working on the monsters first.

just thought i'd comment here seeing as how it's a collaborative effort and I see no problem with responding to the feedback as well and letting Maxxion know later once he's online again (if im not messaged first)

[quote name='MachinaGayhem' timestamp='1355343502' post='6091471']
The "White" prefix is fine because we were both discussing the black ones that are going to be made soon.

Of course, with the new feedback i'll probably get a message or 2 on what we should do to tweak the queen, king and horse seeing as how those seemed to be the most difficult to work on. So those, i assume are just bases so that he can get feedback on the effects i helped him with. (Trying to relate it mostly to chess is kind of hard but it's good to work on difficult stuff I guess. Feels more rewarding once you can get something that you and everyone else will like.) Also, Pawn does seem a little slow so maybe his effect will be boosted with S/T support. Tried making his effect based on what the pawn does when he reaches the opponent's field without dying.

S/T Support, I believe, will be mentioned shortly since we are working on the monsters first.

just thought i'd comment here seeing as how it's a collaborative effort and I see no problem with responding to the feedback as well and letting Maxxion know later once he's online again (if im not messaged first)
[/quote]
That makes sense. I figured it wasn't completed, but just keep my suggestions in mind.

[quote name='Stan Alda' timestamp='1355343935' post='6091476']
That makes sense. I figured it wasn't completed, but just keep my suggestions in mind.
[/quote]yeah i just let him know. I do agree that the king should be able to get summoned easier/searched faster
I also agree with giving Knight and Queen Zone effects, but i'll have to wait till he sees this so we have something to work on because at the start, it was kind of hard to make a zone-based effect for both of them. (felt like it would be pointless to have at the time, or effects given seemed to not work for the monster / would make the card really slow or lame overall.)

Thanks for covering for me Gayhem. Your guys' suggestions are being taken into consideration, just need to figure out ways we can do it. I do agree with the name, it actualyl does bug me a little so I'll work on that as well. I dunno about the warrior/Rock thing, honestly, I feel they could swing either way and you simply don't see many good Rock types that are themed. And yes, the black pieces and Support are in talks, I think we're making good progress.

So these are the Chess cards you mentioned. Very interesting idea, looking forward to seeing what you do with the Black and Support cards, especially the Field Spell (if there's gonna be one?).

Purely thinking in terms of game parallels, maybe Knight's effect in terms of moving could be edited to a non-adjacent Monster Card Zone? Not sure if that would restrict it significantly, add an extra layer of strategy, or neither. Also, thinking about how Pawns can be traded for a stronger piece if they cross the board, perhaps an effect when Tributed could be added? I know, you already have the send to the Graveyard effect after three turns, but hey, just a thought.

Regardless, the moving Monster Zone effect is a very interesting one, and original from what I can think of. Definitely a solid 9/10 so far.

Archived