Elektros

Lunar Origins

[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][b]Elektro Switchground[/b][/color]
[color=#8B4513]EARTH[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
[i][ Thunder / Effect ][/i]
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Add 1 "Elektro" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
[i][ ATK: 1700 / DEF: 1000 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Airburst[/b][/color]
[color=#008000]WIND[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Remove from play, from you or your opponent's Graveyard, monsters equal to the amount of cards in your hand, then increase the Level of any monsters (of your choice) you control by that amount.
[i][ ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1200 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Aquimaiden[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF]WATER[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. If this card is the only card in your hand: You can Special Summon it, then increase its Level by 1. If this card was Special Summoned by its own effect while there are 5 or more Elektro counters on the field: Draw 2 cards.
[i][ ATK: 1200 / DEF: 1500 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Anomaly[/b]
[b]DARK[/b] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Add 1 "Overfuse" Spell or Trap from your Deck to your hand.
[i][ ATK: 1000 / DEF: 1000 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Sparkfang[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000]FIRE[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 "Elektro" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. During either player's turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control; banish this card until the next End Phase. When this card is returned to the field by its own effect: Place 1 Elektro counter on it.
[i][ ATK: 1850 / DEF: 0 ][/i]

[b]Elektro DoSirket[/b][/color]
[color=#FFD700]LIGHT[/color][color=#000000] / Level 8
Cannot be Special Summoned. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributes, but you cannot Special Summon non-Xyz monsters this turn, except by the effect(s) of Thunder-type Xyz monsters you control. This card can be treated as 2 materials for the Xyz Summon of a Rank 4 or higher "Elektro" Xyz monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Place 1 Elektro counter on each face-up card you control.
[i][ ATK: 0 / DEF: 0 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Horizon[/b][/color]
[color=#FFD700]LIGHT[/color][color=#000000] / Rank 4
[i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ][/i]
[i]3 Level 4 "Elektro" monsters[/i]
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 2 Elektro counters on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from each face-up monster you control and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Destroy all monsters on the field. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated: Special Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: You can attach 1 Thunder-type monster in your Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material, but you cannot activate this card's effect(s) while it is face-up on the field.
[i][ ATK: 2700 / DEF: 1900 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Scarl[/b]
[b]DARK[/b] / Rank 4
[i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ]
2 Level 4 "Elektro" monsters[/i]
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Thunder-type monster from your Graveyard to your side of the field. The effect of "Elektro Scarl" can only be activated once per turn.
[i][ ATK: 1900 / DEF: 1100 ][/i]

[b]Elektro Hierarch[/b][/color]
[color=#8B4513]EARTH[/color][color=#000000] / Rank 5[/color][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ]
2 or more Level 5 monsters[/i]
This card gains 300 ATK for each Elektro counter on the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 face-up card you control. This card gains additional effects based on the number of Elektro counters on the field:[/color][/font][list=1]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]Face-up Thunder-type monsters you control gain 200 ATK[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card on your side of the field and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy 1 card on the field.[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]This card cannot be destroyed by battle.[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]You can remove all Elektro counters from your side of the field: Draw 2 cards, then destroy this card you control.[/color][/font]
[/list]
[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][i][ ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1200 ][/i]

[b]Overfuse Gate[/b]
[i][ [/i][/color][i][color=#008080]Spell[/color][/i][color=#000000][i] ][/i]
Special Summon 1 "Elektro" monster from your hand. During this turn, the Special Summoned monster's Level is increased by 1, and its effect(s) can be activated without cost. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control.

[b]Overfuse Stuntrap[/b]
[i][ [/i][/color][i][color=#800080]Trap / Counter[/color][/i][color=#000000][i] ][/i]
Negate the activation of an effect monster's effect and banish it. You must have 2 or more "Elektro" counters on the field to activate and resolve this card's effect.

[b]Overfuse Shield[/b]
Place 1 Elektro counter on each face-up card you control.

[b]Overfuse Citadel[/b]
[i][ [/i][/color][i][color=#008080]Spell / Field[/color][/i][color=#000000][i] ][/i]
"Elektro" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Each time an Elektro counter is placed on a card you control, except "Overfuse Citadel": Place 1 Elektro counter on this card. During your End Phase, if this card has 5 or more counters on it: Set it.[/color][/font]

(My comments are in blue)
[quote name='☆~Rin-chan~☆' timestamp='1355358095' post='6091706']
[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][b]Elektro Switchground[/b][/color]
[color=#8B4513]EARTH[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Add 1 "Elektro" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
[i][ ATK: 1700 / DEF: 1000 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]Easily allows you to get back your best monsters, including DoSirket which is an instant Xyz (Assuming I'm reading DoSirket right), and a very easy Elektro Horizon. 1700 ATK also means it can hold its own in battle, meaning you arn't risking much battle damage by playing it. Probably needs rebalancing.[/color]
[b]Elektro Airburst[/b][/color]
[color=#008000]WIND[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Remove from play, from you or your opponent's Graveyard, monsters equal to the amount of cards in your hand, then increase the Level of any monsters (of your choice) you control by that amount.
[i][ ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1200 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]Easy Graveyard manipulation and the ability to get out high ranking Xyzs easy (In theory), though it would probably take a little set up, I'd have to playtest the set to see exactly how good this one would be.[/color]
[b]Elektro Aquimaiden[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF]WATER[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. If this card is the only card in your hand: You can Special Summon it, then increase its Level by 1. If this card was Special Summoned by its own effect while there are 5 or more Elektro counters on the field: Draw 2 cards.
[i][ ATK: 1200 / DEF: 1500 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]Effect seems situational, since it needs to be the only card in your hand, though getting the 5 counters on it doesn't seem too hard (Both at the same time is probably another story though), and the Level increase means that it isn't an easy Xyz Summon, over all this is probably one of the more balanced cards.[/color]
[b]Elektro Anomaly[/b]
[b]DARK[/b] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control: Add 1 "Overfuse" Spell or Trap from your Deck to your hand.
[i][ ATK: 1000 / DEF: 1000 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]Instant S/T, most likely target would be Stuntrap (If you had the counters) and which is probably not something that should be searchable, though Gate could be useful depending on your hand (though its not an easy Xyz), and Shield basically lets you recycle the effects of all of your non-Xyz's (and set up for your Xyz's effects). This card seems ok, though depending on how easy it is to keep in play I could be very wrong about that (Since its effect is useable once per turn).[/color]
[b]Elektro Sparkfang[/b][/color]
[color=#FF0000]FIRE[/color][color=#000000] / Level 4
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 "Elektro" monster from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card you control; banish this card until the next End Phase. When this card is returned to the field by its own effect: Place 1 Elektro counter on it.
[i][ ATK: 1900 / DEF: 0 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]1900 ATK lets this run over most Levels 4s, and its effect lets it search out any of your monsters (include itself), both of these should not exist in the same card (at least without draw backs), its other effect means if you already have an Elektro counter, its near impossible to kill (and it has 1900 ATK... and it can search itself out). Definitely needs adjustments to make it more balanced.[/color]
[b]Elektro DoSirket[/b][/color]
[color=#FFD700]LIGHT[/color][color=#000000] / Level 8
You can Normal Summon this card without Tributes. This card can be treated as 2 materials for the Xyz Summon of a Rank 4 or higher "Elektro" Xyz monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Place 3 Elektro counters on all face-up monsters on the field.
[i][ ATK: 0 / DEF: 0 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]Assuming I'm reading this right, its an instant Rank 4 or 5 Xyz, though its also possible you intend to require that the player reduce this card's Level by 3 or 4 first, if it is an instant Xyz its more broke then Tour Guide (Play this, Xyz Scarl, detach 1 from Scarl and summon this back (Scarl now has 3 counters), then Xyz Heirarch which will have at least 2400 ATK. Also this card is summonable by Limit Reverse, recyclable by Recycling Batteries, and searchable by Sangan. If you intend for its Level to be manipulated first, then this card is far less useful, as any card used to lower this card's Level by the required amount would really only be useful for the purpose (meaning it risks being a dead draw, and is situational over all), either way the card isn't balanced.[/color]
[b]Elektro Horizon[/b][/color]
[color=#FFD700]LIGHT[/color][color=#000000] / Rank 4
[i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ][/i]
[i]3 Level 4 monsters[/i]
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place 2 Elektro counters on 1 card you control. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from each face-up monster you control and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Destroy all monsters on the field. During the End Phase of the turn this effect was activated: Special Summon this card. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: You can attach 1 Thunder-type monster in your Graveyard to this card as an Xyz Material, but you cannot activate this card's effect(s) while it is face-up on the field.
[i][ ATK: 2700 / DEF: 1900 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]This card seems close to balanced (Or at least no worse than Black Rose Dragon), though the 2 Elektro Counters means you can reuse 2 of your effects again (or 1 effect over 2 turns). The real issue is that it Summons itself back... and has 2700 ATK, which is enough to run over close to anything your opponent can come back with (Best time to use it would be when your opponent is low on cards), and it can attach itself with DoSirket, that way even if it cannot use its own effect, you can still generate a large number of Elektro Counters of its dies. I'd say it needs some slight adjustments to make it more balanced.[/color]
[b]Elektro Scarl[/b]
[b]DARK[/b] / Rank 4
[i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ]
2 Level 4 monsters[/i]
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 Thunder-type monster from your Graveyard to your side of the field. The effect of "Elektro Scarl" can only be activated once per turn.
[i][ ATK: 1900 / DEF: 1100 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]On its own its seems ok, though if it summons out Switchground you can also get another monster back from your Graveyard (+2), and with DoSirket (assuming it allows an outright summon) you can get another of these (Think you for making it so you can't drop 3 of these and Hierarch in one turn), or another Hierarch. The card itself doesn't seem to need any changes.[/color]
[b]Elektro Hierarch[/b][/color]
[color=#8B4513]EARTH[/color][color=#000000] / Rank 5[/color][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][i][ Thunder / Xyz / Effect ]
2 or more Level 5 monsters[/i]
This card gains 300 ATK for each Elektro counter on the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 face-up card you control. This card gains additional effects based on the number of Elektro counters on the field:[/color][/font][list=1]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]Face-up Thunder-type monsters you control gain 200 ATK[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]Once per turn: You can remove 1 Elektro counter from 1 card on your side of the field and detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy 1 card on the field.[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]This card cannot be destroyed by battle.[/color][/font]
[*][font=georgia,serif][color=#000000]You can remove all Elektro counters from your side of the field: Draw 2 cards, then destroy this card you control.[/color][/font]
[/list]
[font=georgia,serif][color=#000000][i][ ATK: 1500 / DEF: 1200 ][/i]
[color=#0000FF]This one seems OK, assuming that its doesn't get too crazy (Ultimately it depends on how easy it is to get counters). The summoning itself doesn't appear to be easy in this deck (Airburst with 1 card in hand, Gate, and Aquimaiden appear to be the only way to get Levle 5s in this set), the ATK boost from the first effect is ok, the destruction seems balanced, the destruction from battle seems unneeded at 2600 ATK (Minimum), and the drawing seems to be more of a last resort effect (unless you had away to bring this card back). Overall I'd call it balanced (depending on the easy of counter generation of course)[/color]
[b]Overfuse Gate[/b]
Special Summon 1 "Elektro" monster from your hand. During this turn, the Special Summoned monster's Level is increased by 1, and its effect(s) can be activated without cost. You can banish this card from your Graveyard: Place 1 Elektro counter on 1 card you control.
[color=#0000FF]This card seems balanced, the Level gain makes it hard to use it for an outright Xyz Summon, and the effect without cost seems to be an ok bonus, considering it really only saves you 1 counter (Though it does lead to +2 Elektro Counters if it Summons Airblast or Switchground).[/color]
[b]Overfuse Stuntrap[/b]
[i][ [/i][/color][i][color=#800080]Trap / Counter[/color][/i][color=#000000][i] ][/i]
Negate the activation of an effect monster's effect and banish it. You must have 2 or more "Elektro" counters on the field to activate and resolve this card's effect.
[color=#0000FF]This card seems to easy to play for its effect (Its cost doesn't seem difficult at all to reach), its effect is good (Stop any effect monster... and banish it), and its searchable (by Anomaly). This card definitely needs an adjustment.[/color]
[b]Overfuse Shield[/b]
Place 1 Elektro counter on each face-up card you control.
[color=#0000FF]This card seems like it could get out of hand (especially depending on how it interacts with Citadel), though I'd have to see it in use to know for sure. Uses include being able to reuse Switchground or Anomaly to search/recycle your cards, or powering up Hierarch by 300 for each face-up card... on the entire field (For the first use it comes down to how often those cards stay on the field, and if they often need access to the additional counters. For the 2nd use, it comes down to how often Hierarch is actually played and how useful the ATK boost actually is).[/color]
[b]Overfuse Citadel[/b]
[i][ [/i][/color][i][color=#008080]Spell / Field[/color][/i][color=#000000][i] ][/i]
"Elektro" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. Each time an Elektro counter is placed on a card you control, except "Overfuse Citadel": Place 1 Elektro counter on this card. During your End Phase, if this card has 5 or more counters on it: Set it.[/color][/font]
[color=#0000FF]Weird card... I like it. The 300 ATK boost seems ok, the counter effect seems like it could be the only problematic effect, though it also seems nicely offset by its last effect. If it does turn out to be a problem, it would probably just take changing the number of counters required for it to be set.[/color]
[/quote]

Overall the set seems to have easy access to very powerful effects, and several of the cards would probably need to be adjusted for balance. Sparkfang in particular seems rather broke, being a 1900 ATK monster that can search itself and can be near unkillable.

Odd set that doesn't seem to have much synergy, although consistent through the very interesting effects of Anomoly and Switchground (on which, obligatory Ultimate Offering remark). Stuntrap, Gate and [s]E Hero[/s] Aquimaiden :D seem cool, some cards like DoSirket, Windburst and Citadel seem not so balanced, and some like Sparkfang just seem plain out of place (set's Thunderbird?) Can see Snarl being loopable in an unfortunate way, but the other bosses seem alright.

[quote name='Bahamut Shark' timestamp='1355847747' post='6096908']
Odd set that doesn't seem to have much synergy, although consistent through the very interesting effects of Anomoly and Switchground (on which, obligatory Ultimate Offering remark). Stuntrap, Gate and [s]E Hero[/s] Aquimaiden :D seem cool, some cards like DoSirket, Windburst and Citadel seem not so balanced, and some like Sparkfang just seem plain out of place (set's Thunderbird?) Can see Snarl being loopable in an unfortunate way, but the other bosses seem alright.
[/quote]

It's funny that you realized that Anomaly and Switchground have that loop, because I never realized it. XD

AND YOU REALIZED THE BUBBLEMAN REMAKE. <3

Archived