Prophecy Prophecy

Agro

[b]Judgment of Prophecy
[color=#800080]DARK[/color] / Level 6
[ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
When an opponent's Spell or Trap card is activated: You can discard 1 card and banish 1 "Spellbook" cards from your Graveyard; negate the activation of the card and destroy it.
[b]ATK / 2400 DEF / 400

Prophecy of Terra
[color=#ffd700]LIGHT[/color] / Level 8
[ Spellcaster / Effect ][/b]
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 1 Level 4 or higher Spellcaster-Type monster you control and banishing 2 "Spellbook" cards from your Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned: You can send 1 "Spellbook" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 Field Spell card from your Deck to your hand. While you control a Field Spell, this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. When a Spell Counter is placed on the field, except by this card's effect, you can place 1 Spell Counter on any one card that you can put Spell Counters on. This card gains 100 ATK for every Spell Counter on the field.
[b]ATK / 2400 DEF / 1900

Spellbook Wheel of Fortune
[color=#008000]Spell[/color][/b]
Reveal 1 other "Spellbook" card in your hand; add 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your Graveyard to your hand. This effect of "Spellbook Wheel of Fortune" can only be activated once per turn. When this card is sent from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard: Add 1 "Spellbook" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Spellbook Wheel of Fortune".

I don't really see any of them being worth the effort to play. The first one is decent, but the fact that you have to banish 2 Spellbooks [i]and[/i] discard a card means that you're going to be losing some card advantage already. It might be better if it actually had enough ATK points to run over Laggia/Stardust, because for a 1-Tribute monster 2400 ATK isn't going to do much when we already have Monarchs.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1355370148' post='6091818']
How else would you bring it out? Surely you're not going to waste your Justice on that when you have High Priestess.
[/quote]Temperance, Reaper, Fool. And why not go for a control card instead of High Priestess? They're meant for two very distinct situations.

More importantly, you've missed the secret point of this set. :\

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355370297' post='6091819']
Temperance, Reaper, Fool. And why not go for a control card instead of High Priestess? They're meant for two very distinct situations.

[/quote]

I'll admit I'm rather sleepy so I haven't been paying as much attention to things, but unless I missed something specific, it's just more Prophecy Support. Not that it's badly designed or anything, but I can't think of a reason I'd want to go into it. Fill me in?

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1355370297' post='6091819']
Temperance, Reaper, Fool. And why not go for a control card instead of High Priestess? They're meant for two very distinct situations.

[/quote]

I'll admit I'm rather sleepy so I haven't been paying as much attention to things, but unless I missed something specific, it's just more Prophecy Support. Not that it's badly designed or anything, but I can't think of a reason I'd want to go into it. Fill me in?

Archived