Yugioh: The Unnamed Fanfic

Downside

As you can see, I do not yet have a name for this fan fiction. I also possess next to no knowledge of any real Yugioh cards. This obviously makes my job as a fanfic authour hard. How will I get around this, you ask? Learn more about Yugioh? While that would make sense, no. In the ultimate display of making it up as one goes along, I shall be using cards that do not exist. Anyone who thinks this is a bad idea and I should take the first option please feel free to say so.

Now without further adieu, the fanfic!

Chapter 1: Intro

Kana Fara, or simply Kan, was sulking on his bed, which he had been doing a lot lately. There was a knock at the door, and Kan's brown eyes opened somewhere in his jungle of dark hair. 'Come in,' he called, knowing full well who it could only be. 'Listen, Kan.' addressed Mr Fara, Kan's father, 'I know you're upset, what with losing your deck in the move and all, but sulking won't help. How about you go outside and play some Duel Monsters with your NEW DECK!' Mr Fara's hand came out from behind his back, clutching a shiny new deck tin. 'Wow Dad!' cried Kan, jumping up and taking the tin from his father. 'Beast Calamity Deck,' read Kan, his eyes shining with glee. 'Thanks!'. He hugged his father, grabbed his duel disk and ran outside. "That boy.' chuckled Mr Fara.

Kan raced towards Duel Park, his legs pounding and his mind racing. The Beast Calamity Deck! Kan's old beast deck had been pretty good, but he'd read about Beast Calamity on the net and it had some great cards, which he couldn't wait to show off. As Kan sprinted past a tree, a hand shot out and grabbed his shirt collar. 'Urk, hi Steam.' The boy, Goichi "Steam" Stemera, laughed.

'You know me too well, Kan.' He released his grip, and Kan bent double, gasping for air. 'Got a new deck yet?'

'Gack.' choked Kan.

'Pardon?'

Kan straightened up. 'Yeah I do. Can I try it out on you?'

Steam activated the duel disk already strapped to his arm, inserting his deck as the Life Point counter reached 4000. 'You'll lose, but sure.'

Kan activated his own battered disk, inserting his new deck into the specified slot. 'Not this time,' he countered. 'I have a feeling.'

Steam shrugged. 'Your funeral.'

'DUEL!' both duelists shouted as one.

Kan: 4000

Steam: 4000

'New decks first.' Kan pulled a card from the top of his deck, smiling at his new cards. 'To start, I summon Soul Beast - Rage in Attack mode!' (1500)

A glowing green tiger with a golden mask on appeared in front of Kan, growling.

'Then I'll place two cards face down and end my turn.'

'Cool card,' admired Steam. 'Pity it won't last long!' He looked at his hand. 'I summon Young Phoenix in Defense mode.' (500)

A baby bird, glowing red, appeared in front of Steam.

'And now I play Meteor Crash! This destroys all monsters on the field, as long as I discard a card from my hand.'

A gigantic rock crashed into the field, crushing both player's monsters.

'And because my Young Phoenix got destroyed, I can take a Fire attribute Winged Beast monster from my deck and add it to my hand!' Steam took a card from his deck and placed it among those in his hand. 'I'll play a face down and give the turn to you.'

Kan added another card to his hand. 'I summon Soul Beast - Greed!' (1000)

A fat, frog looking animal appeared on Kan's field, grumbling. 'He may not be pretty to look at, but by discarding a card from my hand, he gains 1000 points til the end of the turn!' Kan's monster was surrounded by a glowing green aura, and seemed more menacing. 'Now attack!'

Greed ambled over to Steam, ready to strike.

'I play a trap! Burning Beartrap!' Steam flipped one of his face downs, and a giant bear trap clamped over Greed, stopping him in his tracks.

'I can only activate this card by removing a Fire monster in my Grave from play, but it's worth it as it negates your attack.'

'Grr...' Kan frowned. 'I'll end my turn.'

Steam drew. 'I play my Burnt Battlefield field spell!'

The green grass turned black with ash, and the sky turned a menacing red.

'This spell means that whenever I would have to sacrifice a monster to summon a Fire monster, I may instead send a card from my hand to the grave.'

Steam discarded two cards.

'Now I summon Ferna, Bird of Firestorm!' (2100 ATK 1900 DEF)

A gigantic bird made entirely of fire screeched down from the sky, stopping just above Steam's shoulder.

'The down side to my field spell is the creature can't attack on the turn it is summoned. So your beast is safe.'

Kan: 4000

Steam: 4000

Will this new bird be the end of Kan's card trial? Will Kan emerge victorious as readers would expect? Will this fanfic be dismissed as bad? Find out next time I feel like writing.

Falling Pizza: Thank you. I don't think I deserve it but thank you.

Professor Cobra: Well said. I know it would be better if it contained real cards but this is the best I could do.

Chapter 1 Part II: The Test goes on...

Kan gritted his teeth. "I hope this deck has something that can stand up to that monster." he thought to himself.

"My draw!" Kan drew a card, hoping it was a good one. "Just once I'd like to beat Goichi."

Kan looked down at his hand. Then a smile came across his face.

"I discard a card from my hand to activate Greed's ability." The Soul Beast's points swelled to 2000.

"And I'll have him attack your bird!"

Greed slid over to Ferna, claw raised to attack.

"What are you doing?!" Steam was staring at him like he was insane.

Kan's grin grew broader. "And I activate the trap card Fight For Survival!"

He took a card from his hand and placed it into a trap slot. A red aura surrounded Greed in addition to the green one.

Greed's points rose a further 500.

"What?!" Steam was bewildered.

"My trap increases a Beast monster's attack if it would be destroyed in battle." Kan raised a hand. "Now destroy his Ferna!"

Ferna shattered in a storm of virtual cubes. Steam's Life Points dropped to 3600.

"Too bad I activate a spell card, Fire Storm!"

A stream of fire shot into Steam's Graveyard, and returned Ferna to his hand.

"I can activate this card when a Fire attribute monster is destroyed, returning the monster to my hand."

Kan frowned. "I gathered that."

Steam smirked. "Are you finished?"

Kan sighed. "So much for destroying that bird. I guess it's your turn."

Steam drew. He looked at his hand, hiding a frown. "These cards don't help..." he mumbled.

"Better make the most of it."

He placed a card in his monster zone. "I summon Heat Spirit."

A ghost-like monster made of steam gathered itself on Steam's field. (0/0)

"And he cannot be destroyed in battle, though he's not much use anyway. I play a face-down and end my turn."

Kan's grin had returned. "I'm gonna win this!"

He placed a monster on his field. "I summon Soul Beast - Corruption!" (1000/1000)

A woman with a cat's head dressed in Ancient Egyptian attire appeared on Kan's field, dark energy playing about her hands.

"And I can take over one of your monsters until the end of the turn, but in my End Phase I take damage equal to it's level times 100. So I take your spirit!"

Steam's monster floated over to Kan's field. Kan grinned. "And I discard the last card in my hand to activate Greed's power boost. Now attack!"

Greed jumped up into the air, crashing down next to Goichi, the shockwaves sending him to his knees.

"Ugh." Steam: 1600

"And my Corruption attacks you again!"

Steam was struck by a burst of dark magic, sending his Life Points down to 600.

He laughed.

"What's so funny?" Kan was confused.

Steam rose to his feet. "So quickly you forget my tactics Kan. Remember the card you always hated me to use?"

Kan stepped back. "Uh oh."

Steam flipped a face down. "I play my Inferno Barrage spell card, so I can remove a Fire attribute monster in my grave from the game and you take the same amount of damage I just took!"

Steam took Young Phoenix from his grave and placed it in his pocket. A fireball burst out of his spell card and struck Kan.

"Aah!" Kan was knocked down, his Life Points going down to a measly 1000.

"Okay," he said as he rose. "I finish my turn."

Steam smiled. "And your monster's effect?"

"Oh." Kan was struck by a blast of dark energy, sending his Life Points down to 700. Heat Spirit floated back to Steam.

"Now I draw. And look what I picked!" He discarded a card from his hand and removed his Heat Spirit from the field.

"I partly use Burnt Battlefield AND sacrifice my spirit to summon my most powrful monster!"

Kan gulped.

"Rise, Onrefni, Bird of Flames!"

A giant red bird with burning wings rose from a hole in the ground, which closed after it.

"And it's effect means it gains 500 points for all Fire monsters in my grave."

Onrefni's 1500 points rose to 2500, Ferna and Heat Spirit feeding it.

"Now attack his Greed!" Onrefni dove at Greed. It rose its flabby arms to protect itself.

"I discard a card to increase his points!" Kan discarded his only card.

Greed's points rose to 2000.

"Still not enough, Kan! And to make sure you lose, my face down activates. Go Firewall!"

Steam's face down flipped up, a wall of flames appearing around Kan's beast.

"This amplifies any Fire monster's Battle Damage to twice the power for one turn, but I have to destroy the monster."

Kan was thinking quick. Then he remembered the first face down he played, unused.

"Seems I'll win here!"

Kan flipped his own facedown, Greed's points swelling to meet Onrefni's. Both monster were destroyed.

"Not the Battle For Survival again!" Steam gawked, having no more cards to play.

"Yes! And now it's my turn! So my Corruption attacks you directly!"

Steam was struck down by a burst of dark magic. His points dropped to 0.

The holograms dissapeared. Kan jumped for joy. "I win!"

He ran over to Steam and helped him up. Steam brushed off his pants.

"Those are some good cards. I'll have to better my deck to beat you, Kan."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second part of Chapter One, ladies and gents!

Archived