Locals Report

I was playing Agents today, decklist is [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/295694-agents-for-locals/"]here[/url].

Round 1 I was playing against Rabbit. He didn't draw well, I did. I 2-0'd him.

Round 2 was a really good win for me. I was playing against the best guy at locals, kind of guy who tops YCSs a lot. He was playing Wind-Ups. Duel 1, I was able to hold out through a loop and Dark Hole'd him the following term. Unfortuantely I didn't have anything after that and he was able to beat me down. Game 2 I slowed down a bit, and after drawing into all my bosses, I was a bit worried, but I managed to Maxx "C" his loop into a reborn, Venus, and herald and just smashed him in the face. Final field was 3 Hyperion, Daigusto Phoenix, and Leviair. Game 3 was a lot more fun. After putting out Hyperion later in the game, he tried to make some moves, but I held him off with Gozen Match. Turn after that, though, he goes Shark->Shark->Acid Golem and beats over it. He Warning's my Hyperion topdeck and tries to beat me down, but he couldn't get over my Reaper and couldn't draw MST for Gozen match, so he ended up losing by Acid Golem's effect. Damn, that felt good. This was by and far the best good-feeling game I've played in a long time. We may have both topdecked god to get the first 2 wins, but duel 3 actually felt like we were playing skillfully.

Round 3 was against Inzektors. I opened the nuts twice and didn't even know what deck he was playing until well into game 2 (mainly because I wasn't paying attention when he milled for Trooper. In other words, I opened with Hyperions and Earths and BLS and Venus and Herald and stuff both duels. Quite seriously, I won within 3 turns both games.

Round 4 was against Rabbit. (Rabbit was popular today) I couldn't draw anything game 1 or game 3. Except Krystia, which I dropped every duel. I'd mainly say the reason I lost was that I continuously couldn't draw my outs to spirit reaper. Game 2 I did, however, so that's how that happened.

20 people showed up today, so we only did 4 rounds before the cut to top 8.

Top 8 was a mirror. Game 1, I had every out until he dropped Krystia after putting out everything. I folded a turn later. Game 2, because I don't think he knew what I was playing, I managed to slowly play through the game seeing as I always had just the out I needed. He played double Herald, which he seemed to draw both of every turn, so I managed to take out his card advantage this duel and then exploded and took the game. Game 3, I just didn't draw well, plainly put. He had Herald for my only way to get anywhere in Earth. Also, I couldn't get a Dark in the Graveyard, so I lost with a Sorc in hand that would have saved me.

Overall, it was a pretty good day. I figured out that I like Agents. Would have been nice if I won Top 8, though, cause Astral Packs are fun.

Archived