Lapras Locals Report

So after I topped regionals 2 weeks ago this is my locals but it's basically as big as some regionals, 66 players, 5 round top 8, but anyone who signed up for the lower event gets a seperato top 8 so it's one tournament cutting to 2 top 8s with 1 top 8 of bad players and another of better players, among which is me.

Round 1 (Bubblebeat with Summoner Monk):

1: I open Rabbit and it's all downhill from there, and after I Fiendish Chain on paying cost for Monk he scoops.

2: I open Rabbit but 2 Tourguide. Unorthodox but doesn't stop me winning with ease.

1-0

Round 2 (Undine Mermail):

1: I open dreadful, eventually I draw a monster and kinda get back into the game a bit but he compulses my Temtempo latish game and that's gg.

2: I open a solid hand with a Macro and just beat him down with a sided in Fossil Dyna

3: I open Macro but my Dyna is beaten over with Marksman and he goes for Marksman and 2 Dragoons, gets me to 1000 but then I top Rabbit and make Dolkka. As I wonder why I didn't make Laggia considering I have Macro out he Creature Swaps with his Marksman but I have Lance so that's gg.

2-0

Round 3 (Prophecy)

1: He opens Priestess but I can see from what he reveals (Master, Fate and Life) that his hand absolutely sucks and I make Acid Golem with Tourguide after I Road his Storm.

2: This game was amazing. I get him down to 2300 after Dyna/Sabersaurus beatdown and I stop his only threat (Temperance+Power) with a Fiendish Chain. At this point he has 1 backrow and 5 in hand, I have Dyna and Saber. He Veilers my Dyna before end of main phase, so I go back to Main Phase and Summon Tourguide, which he also Veilers. I then attack with Tourguide, he drops Trag on 1200, I beat over it with Saber then put him on 100 with Dyna. In Main Phase 2 I Xyz for Cowboy and burn him for game, he flips a T-Roar telling me he totally forgot about Cowboy. Incredible.

3-0

Round 4 (Wind-Up):

1: I open 3 Vanillas, he opens Shark and 2 Factory. I stay in it for a while but really that's gg.

2: I open Rabbit so that's solid and he can't really get his plays off.

3: I open Rabbit and draw into Tourguide late game, it ends with me with a Laggia and a Leviair on board (Laggia with material, Leviair with 1 material, only Rabbit is banished) and his only 3 cards are Shark and 2 Factory. Laggia has not been used. I have MST and  something irrelevant set. He searches Rat and Shark and ends. I beat over his Shark and put him on 2100. He draws and summons Rat and Shark, searching Rat and Rabbit. He then storms my 2 irrelevant backrow which I let through, gets back Rabbit with Rat, and knowing I'll negate anything he goes for he ends (I didn't negate Rat because I was worried of the card he's just drawn. I topdeck Rabbit (!) but it's dead, but it's ok because I can Leviair back the other Rabbit and make Utopia. I beat over his 3 monsters, he draws, summons Rat, I negate and he offers the handshake. Great game.

4-0

Round 5 (Nationals Champion running Mono-Mermail):

1: He opens Megalo and 2 Dragoons going first. I can't win this.

2: He totally outplays me doing things I'd never thought of doing. Was never going to win that.

4-1

I top, coming 3rd in Swiss.

Top 8 (Fire Fist):

1: He opens Rabbit and even though I draw Rabbit too he has backrow and I can't win.

2: He opens amazing again, I have 2 backrow, he random MSTs one and hits the MST over Warning (this is important), then goes for Tenki into Bear, I Warning Bear and he has Reborn. I'm salty.

I win a CBLZ Special edition and a deck box. I pull a Heart-eartH...

oh well

Archived