Charlotte regionals report

I went 3-3 drop at Charlotte regionals, running fire fist. All three of the games I lost, I could easily have won if the topdecking went differently. 

Round 1- Mermail 2-0 (Win)

I open rabbit, go into tiger king, do stuff. He heavy storms, I starlight. He attempts to MegalOTK, I Mirror Force. He has nothing left but a dragoons in hand. He draws... Spike. He proceeds to hang on for a few turns before I go shock master for the kill.

Game two was a lot trickier, but I end up using some psychology tricks to make him think I misplayed by summoning gorilla. He falls for it, hook, line, and sinker, and hits into my set Mirror Force

He was the best player I played all day.

Round 2 - Chaos Ninja 2-0 (Win)
Game one, he almost OTKs me, but I live somehow. He gets out White Dragon Ninja, but has not the Safe Zone. I somehow manage to push back with bear, and win. 

Game two, sided D-fissures wreck him. His only shot is a Return from the Different Dimension, which gets hit by Solemn Warning

Round 3- Hero, bubblebeat 1-2 (Loss)
This guy was very good, and all three of our games were very, very close. We literally were topdecking for answers. I was at 300, he was at 700. I have a set bottomless, and 2 face up fire formations. He has nothing. ...guess what he draws? Bubbleman. T_T

I take game two, again, it was very close.

Game three was the most frustrating, as I should have won. But he topdecked his fusion, and kept summoning shining to recycle his banished monsters. He looped this... 3 times? Yeah. I took care of all three, but it used up my resources, and he ends up topdecking another bubbleman to attack for game with. T_T

Round 4 - Chronomoly OTK 2-0 (Win)
I had no idea what he was running, I saw Cyber Dragon and Gagaga Girl before I won.

Game two was longer, but he poses no threat to me as bear wipes him out.

Round 5 - Fire Fist Mirror. (1-2) (Lose)
This guy is a great player as well. These games were, if possible, closer than in the hero matchup. We were even, all the while, even in lifepoints. It was really, really close. I almost use my second rabbit to xyz for tiger king, but catch it before i do, and go for maestroke instead. He goes tenki, bear, tensu, bear, reborn, bear. Yeah. 

I take round two.

Game three was the closest matchup of the day. Both of us used all our bears, my warwolf, his Sabersaurus, our tenkis, and were left with pretty much the last of our deck. He then goes heavy ---> Dark Hole ---> Reborn. I somehow survive, and kill his monster. So now, whoever draws a monster first wins. No cards in hand, none on field... he draws the first monster.

Round 6 - Fire King Fire Fist (1-2) Lose
I take game one easily.

Game two, my opening hand looks like this. 

Warwolf
Warwolf
Rabbit
Warwolf
Rabbit
MST

And this is after table shuffling, pile shuffling... 

Needless to say I lose.

Game three was my only legit loss. He opens with the fire king that summons garunix. He gets 2 garunix out, and starts looping them. Nothing I can do. I get stardust out, he just has outs to everything I do. He has 3 lance, 3 fire king destroy/special summon, just... I can't do anything.

I drop at x-3.

I'm really happy with how I performed, even though I dropped. It was my first regionals, and I haven't had the deck for that long.

Archived