[Leaderboard] 1v1 Me VS Tama (Finished)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (May 21st) wins.
3. No writtens (for obvious reasons)
4. Votes must be valid (I have to agree that your vote is valid, otherwise, neither will get the point)

5. Winner gets a point in the Leaderboard, and a Like, cuz i luv u.

6. Make a card with the below image.

[spoiler=Image]

sasuku_by_therafa-d64uofc.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

PhoenixofRejuvenation.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned: All monsters ATK and DEF become their original ATK and DEF, then this card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each of those monsters. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects:
  All monsters gain 100 ATK and DEF.
  All monsters become their original ATK, except this card, then this card gains 100 for each of those monsters.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

224650.png

2 Level 8 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 card on the field; Negate its effects. Cards targeted by this effect are treated as Normal Monsters (Fairy-type/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) in face-up defense position and cannot be used for a Summon. The controller of the targeted cards takes 500 damage for each card during his/her Standby Phases. If this card would be destroyed: You can destroy 1 card targeted by this effect instead.

[/spoiler]

I don't mind, just send it before the end date lol.

Oh btw, I would prefer if you made it a monster, if you don't mind.

A week isn't a problem at all.

And yeah, I figured.

Sketching on the effect on a piece of paper right now, got a good idea.

Well now that you said it, I can't really fix that, I would have gone into Photoshop and just black out your name, though now that you said it, I can't really do that :/

Well, it is in the dead of the day/night, no one has really looked at this topic except us, so we can just remove the content. I do this mistake again, why didn't I just PM... >.<

the system still failed (at least in my eyes) even with all of your sneaky acts

Anti-Fire Fists? even then it needs to be quick effect.... really what else boosts ATK/DEF? I think you would need other cards for this to be worth it. So, IMO it would not see play. Maybe I missed something....

If it targets a spell/trap what exactly happens? Anyways, as far as I know RK8 are easy to summon, so IMO it being a quick effect is too much, but necessary, meaning it should keep it but get nerfed on other grounds. The last effect can save this for about a turn, if you are willing to not attack.

Card B gets my vote. As I see it, A is unplayable.

For Card A... as Muahahaha said: For the first card you would need other monsters on the field, plus any equip cards you used for your advantage would be negated aswell. Plus it only give 100 to other Monsters (which is almost useless).. or Card A would most likely get only 300-900 Bonus ATK, except your opponent go ta Deck that focuses on summoning many monsters at once. Let's imagine it reaches 3100 (4 Monsters, which is pretty much for the field), it sure is nice then, but once your opponent Tributes Cards, you're pretty much fucked after a Tribute/Synchro/Xyz summon. Not only will it loose ATK, but also it won't gain any even if more monsters are summoned, as the card effect only works for the turn it got summoned. Thus monsters, summoned after the turn this card was summoned, would not be affected by the effect. SO this card is pretty much inferior.

For Card B... If I understood it right this card is well.. just overpowered. Like, it can turn the strongest Monster into a normal Monster with 0/0 ATK/DEF, thus your opponent is most likely to take on 2700 Damage, if the targeted monster was in Attack-Position. I would've added an effect, that changes the targeted monster into defense-mode, then it would be passable as just a strong card. The second problem I noticed would be the summoning odds.... 2 level 8 Monsters, I don't know, but I barely ever succeeded to have 2 level 8 Monsters on Field. 

It's hard to choose, since one is UP and the other is OP.... but after a while of thinking, I chose Card A.. simply because of the summoning odds of Card B, being to high. It may be extremely powerful, but that's the problem, most of the extremely strong cards have: The summoning odds. Card B would be more likely to catch dust in the Extra Deck, while Card A could, when combined with control-swap-effects, do serious damage for 1 or 2 turns. 

This was a tough one because I really don't like either card. But I would have to vote for card B. Card A's design is strange and I'm not sure how it would act with other cards the boost monsters on the field. Card B is awkward design as well but it is very strong for its summoning requirements which makes it better than A.

Unfortunately, Card A is just not worth the effort of bringing out - granted, the summoning conditions are quite easy, but nevertheless, it's more or less unplayable. The only possible use I see for it is maybe against Fire Fist. Even against decks that are able to fuel it's effect, it's rather mediocre.

Card B, on the other hand, would unarguably be the best generic 2-material Rank 8. Unfortunately, that also means that it's effect is a bit over the top. The first effect should perhaps only target face-up cards, since being able to turn Set Trap cards into useless monsters is a bit excessive. Though I personally really like the Master Key Beetle-esque effect.

With that, I will have to give my vote to Card B; even if it's a bit overpowered, it's quite neat and it's very playable, while Card A just doesn't seem like it would be used

Archived