[Leaderboard] SoulFire vs Zextra [Vote Now]

[spoiler='Rules']1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be report on site.
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen.
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win.
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. No Writtens
9. Remove any evidence of who you are from the card
10. Have fun[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Requirements']Create a new /Assault Mode monster[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card A']lightenddragonassaultmo.png
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned with “Assault Mode Activate” and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the Damage Step when this card battles: You can have this card lose 500 ATK and DEF (permanently), and the ATK and DEF of the monster this card is battling become 0. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard. Its effects are negated. When this card on the field is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Light End Dragon" from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']LightningWarriorAssaultMode.png
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Assault Mode Activate". When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card in your opponent's hand. Once per turn; If this card if this card inflicts 1200 or more effect damage to your opponent: you can have this card attack again. When this card on the field is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 "Lightning Warrior" from your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

While card B is situantional, it's also a bit more balanced than just having card A pretty much be able to destroy everything, plus revive a monster. Card B is easier to get out, as it's materials are generic, where the others are not, plus it's a bit more balanced in my book. So I vote for card B

Card A has my vote. Card B's second effect is way too conditional and rather OP when it actually activates. Correct me if I'm wrong but from the sound of it, Card B can inflict 1200 damage then if it destroys another monster, it deals another 1200 damage? Despite it not being able to attack again after the second attack (God forbid it), the possibility of inflicting that much burn damage breaks it. Card A, on the other hand, does a good job powering up Light End Dragon's effect though I'm unsure of what to make of its second effect.

Card A does a better job making its original Synchro playable than Card B. ssince Light End Dragon is outclassed by many Level 8 Synchros, it would need a good assault Mode to justify running it at all, and Card A is playable enough to allow it. While Card B is also expands well on its Synchro form, its double-attacking ability is sub-par and situational, and overall th e card is not better enough than its original to make it worth the effort. so vote goes to Card A.

Archived