Game of Thrones - Night of Salvation [IC/ACCEPTING]

Tormented

671c77.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

The summer grew long. It made men uneasy and women fear what came next. Children cried and the crows fly. The king rose his hand as the sun shimmered against the seas blue water. It blinded those who looked directly at it. His subjects loyally bowed before him. The golden crown sparkled in the site of all those who were before him. His King's Guard stood in attention waiting for the order to move. The king's eyes searched in the crowds. "I will fight for your lives. For the realm I shall protect and serve as your leader" The crowd roared loudly. It could be heard throughout King's Landing.

Gawain's boots could be heard echoing of the dark walls in the alleyway. Whores could be seen in every corner of his vision. The clanking of his armor and weaponry was constantly heard along the passage. He had no reserve he was just there to admit himself to something which he no longer belonged.

The King bowed once more before heading back inside the keep with his Kings Guard. He had no Queen. Only himself and his sword. The crowd roared once more as the doors to the keep closed. He gave a large sigh and headed back inside, he ordered one of the servants to get him a drink. The servant was gone and came back within an instant. The servant had brought a holster of water. The King drunk from it. He took 2 mouth fulls, it quenched his first for now. And he began his walk back to the throne room.

Knight's and Soldiers bowed as he walked past. He didn't like much of it. He would rather have people walk with him rather than below him. He then met the Iron Throne itself, it was quite uncomfortable to sit on but he did nevertheless it was his duty and was a regular occurrence. He was met by his small council members. They each bowed as they came in one by one. The King's eyes followed through as each person came in.

Gawain made his way to the main courtyard, he looked around the Lannister soldiers all looking back at him. He quickly made his way  to the docks, he was tempted to get a boat to some of the eastern islands. His mind was not really set in stone for what he wanted to do.

Holding on, tightly to the underside of her parents' carriage, Alenia's hands were getting tired and she was starting to resemble a mud monster from all the puddles splashed at her. Suddenly, one of the pipes she was holding onto, broke, which startled her, and she lost her grip, falling off, and starting to roll down a hill, getting even more nightmarish in her appearance. The way down was about a few meters, and with no rocks or trees to stop her, she rolled directly onto the docks, continuing to roll, she suddenly pushes something which yells and falls into the water. Alenia realizes, she had stopped, but pushed someone in the water, and that person obviously couldn't swim back up. Without a second thought, the "mud monster" jumped into the salty water and swam towards the silhouette of a person down in the water, struggling to swim, but unable to, with such heavy armor weighing him down. She grabbed his torso, shared a bit of her air with him, by kissing him and exhaling in his mouth, but even with her strength as well, the armor was too heavy, so she removed the armor quickly, the man was already unconscious. She pulled him to the surface, his armor falling to the bottom. Alenia took him out on the beach and started trying to wake him up. Holding his nose and breathing in his mouth repeatedly, he suddenly started coughing out water. The girl, now with the water having washed off the monstrous costume, he face showed hope that the knight would be okay and guilt for having pushed him in the water.

Locknel, walking through the main courtyard of the Palace, on his way to the throne room, seeing as he was called by the King. Stepping in front of the gate, leading towards the throne room, he was greeted by two King's guard, didn't seem inclined to let him pass. "State your business!" Yelled the guards. "My business is none of yours. Only the King's interest to my business is welcome, now let me pass!" Locknel calmly explains. "State your business or else you shall be denied passage, and will be thrown out." The guard's tone, getting increasingly violent, and unappealing to Locknel's ears. "I am currently being denied passage, which is the main problem, as I said, my business is only of my own and the King's interest." The guards, annoyed and angered, drew their swords and and stepped in to attack. Their steps sloppy, and their movements uneven. "What has become of the King's Guard, in my day, only people who could actually hold a sword were instated, nowadays they seem to take anyone off the street." further angering the guards and not even touching his sword, which was still in it's sheath. "I'll teach you, you street rat!" Just as one of the guard lift his sword the gate opens from the inside and a small old man, around his fifties, exits and yells "You idiots, put down your swords if you don't want to lose your lives at such a stupid age, though it might benefit the King's Guard! Do you realize who this is?!" the guards stop, but do not turn around "Step back mi-lord, this man wants to enter the Castle unpermitted!" "Truly, he does, because he doesn't need permission! This is one of the best swordsman to have ever been in the King's Guard, he could kill you with his hands tied behind his back and holding the hilt of his sword, with only his teeth! What's more, he is the King's uncle, show some respect, before you lose your heads!" The two guards put down their swords and bow down. "You're flattering me, Clanton!" Locknel yells, with a smile on his face "Truly your attributes are a cause for flattering, old friend!" Clanton laughes. The two shake hands and enter the gate and walk down the corridor, toward the throne-room. "Any idea why my nephew has called me?" Locknel asks. "Some of my workers say they've overheard him talking about reinstating you as the Commander of the King's Guard, others say he is thinking of changing the Hand of the King." Clanton whispers. "Interesting, well I'm through here, nice to see you again, old man!" Locknel smiles before entering the throne-room. Inside he sees the King and his small council members. "Good evening your Grace, mi-lords!" he says with a bow. "You wished for my presence, your Grace?"

Gawain's eyes opened sharply, the kiss was warm and welcoming as the sun rising. "I-i-i... I'm fine..." This Night's watch commander had not had a female near him in almost 20 years and suddenly one kissed him. He appreciated the kind gesture but he was still uneasy about female contact. He shot up, he missed her with his head by inches. "Thank you. Even though I should be saying what the hell are you doing for nearly killing me." He gave a small chuckle before he sat himself near the dock with his feet over the side walk. He looked towards the girl with his back turned towards the boat behind him. He sharply turned his head back towards the sea water.

Lyon smiled as Locknel entered the room "Please dismiss the formalities. It is good to see you uncle, I'm sorry I called you on such a short notice but sometimes things have to be done. I also realize that it is a long ride from Storm's End but nonetheless I'm glad your here." He shoved off the Throne and met him half way to greet him. "Come walk with me.." Lyon started walking down the hallway of the castle "Now I trust you are aware of the current situation, the hand of the king has recently decided to off with himself." They continued walking as servants and knights alike bowed before him. "I honestly don't like this bowing nonsense, gets on my nerves, you know I might actually instate a law that states that people don't actually have to bow before me." Lyon gave a small sigh before getting to the point. "What I'm trying to say is, If you are willing to take the postilion will you be my hand? I know it's a lot to ask but I trust you as much as the next person." Lyon turned to him and stopped in the middle of the hall and looked him directly in the eyes.

Vahorro knew each and every man and woman that had gathered for the congregation. There were twenty of them, in all; most of them young ones that had either lost their parents or never had any to speak of. More than one of them bore the name of noble families, as third or fourth sons from Driftmark, Duskendale or up Crackclaw Point. A few families from Flea Bottom were with them as well, the lowest of the low who had to settle for the bowls of brown they sold on the street. In their weariness and tiredness, they had found the warmth and guidance of R'hllor. Vahorro clasped his hands, and the room fell so silent that you could hear a pin drop.

They had gathered where they always had, in a cellar beneath one of the many taverns of the city. The barkeep was an old Volantene as well, one who had stood a little taller when Vahorro mentioned his uncle's name. Malaquo Maegyr was no friend of Vahorro's, but even here his name had a certain power to it. In exchange for a few blessings, he had let Vahorro use the cellar once a week for their congregation. He himself remained at his post; as he put it, he could serve the Lord of Light, and he could serve himself, but he could not do both. 

He lowered his head, and as he closed his eyes he could see the others do the same. They were truly devoted to the Lord of Light, moreso than he could've hoped when he first came here. He took a deep breath, and began chanting.

"R'hllor, guide us through the darkness. Prepare us for the coming of darkness, when night falls upon this land. For the night is dark, and full of terrors."

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors." Twenty voices, as one. Even a year after his arrival, he still found it strange to hear the old words spoken in the Westerosi tongue. It was raw, uncultivated... and yet, pure. Their words were as powerful as his, if not more. He continued.

"R'hllor, watch over us as we path beneath the shadow. Cast your light upon us and shield us from those who walk in the night. For the night is dark, and full of terrors."

"For the night is dark, and full of terrors."

Edrick didn't like being so far south, but a new king meant new oppritunity. He had been walking the Kingsroad for a little over a week and King's Landing didn't seem any closer than the day he had started. A new king meant that either people would be clamoring for something or another from him, when he turned them down they would be angry and want SOMEONE dead. That would be where he comes in. Edrick mused to himself how many of the kingsguard he could cut down if he was given a job to kill the new king. "Ehh probably...six or seven of the sons-of-whores. Probably won't get the chance though, from what I've heard people actually like this new ki-" Edrick stopped himself and shook his head from side to side. (I should really get to a town soon...haven't spoke to anyone in so long I'm going bloody insane.) with that thought in mind, Edrick picked up the pace of his walk.

The man Alenia had just saved, after nearly killing turned out shy and a bit shaken, it was left to her imagination if it was because she had just imitated a show of affection, by trying to resuscitate him, or because he was a few seconds away from drowning. Nonetheless the way he reacted, was jesting to her, and even though she was trying not to laugh, she still let out an obvious giggle. She didn't feel any unease, she didn't even know what to feel, since she had just made two completely opposite things to a man much higher in rank, but it was still new to her, since he was the first knight she had met... at least one in active duty. She stood up and bowed, remembering what her foster mother had taught her about etiquette "I apologize deeply for my accidental action, and for touching your lips with my own, but it was only in hopes to save you. I am truly sorry, Sir knight!" She imitated a blush on her cheeks, and with a lot of skill, honed in seducing, manipulating and killing people, seeking to harm her and her mother. Still bowing, she awaited a response from the man.

Locknell, looking at his nephew, and seeing the determination in the intent, stepped forward and put his hands on the King's shoulders, holding his head high, and looking at him with a smile "Dear nephew... No, Lyon, that better suits you, since you are no longer a child, and currently are my superior. You no longer need me to baby you or help you with your studies, since you're a grown man... King! I do believe that you aren't asking me, so that I could help you, as I did when you were a child, and if that is true, if you only need me as a hand of the King, not to..." Locknell saw the growing annoyance in Lyon's eyes and laughed "Do not worry, I accept. No!" Steps back, bows down on one knee, with his head down and says "I would be honored, your grace!" Making one last jest, to annoy his nephew for old time's sake.

Archived