sd_zps40a1a53b.png

Just sharing some custom cards I made for ygo pro.
As a pretty big fan of Dark Souls, I tried to base their Effects off of their attacks, lore, or behaviors from the video game. Hopefully those of you who are familiar with the game can make the connections. I tried to make their effects as fair and balanced as possible, but since I haven't kept track of today's meta, there is probably a loophole I missed somewhere. Feel free to leave any feedback or constructive criticism.

Almost all card art done by me.

Credits to
JUDAS for the card templates
小林みつばち for base art of Lord’s Blade Cairan.
ぬこωたま for Chosen Undead and Artorias Artwork in “Jolly Co-operation”
きつねん for Quelana of Izalith art.

For those of them that would like to try them out in ygopro or related versions, you can get them here. http://www.ygopro.co/tabid/95/g/posts/m/16348/SGJin-s-Dark-Souls-Theme-and-Custom-cards.aspx#post16348

[spoiler=Xyz Monsters]

12310736_zps0b08160b.jpg

Manus – Father of the Abyss
[Spellcaster | Fiend / Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 8 Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. While this card is face-up, cards cannot be removed from play. Once per turn: During either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effect, and if you do, inflict 1500 damage to your opponent. When this card is sent to the Graveyard,  Return all banished "Humanity" cards to the Graveyard and add 3 "Humanity" from your Graveyard to your hand.
3450 - 3300

12310704_zps4e141af8.jpg

Black Dragon Kalameet
[Dragon / Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 8 monsters Must be Xyz Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this face-up card has Xyz Material: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. During your Main Phase, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; the Battle Damage of your first attack this turn is doubled. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" from your Graveyard to your hand.
3200 - 2650

12310705_zpse0c98d97.jpg

Dark Sun Gwyndolin
[Warrior | Spellcaster / Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 6 Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monsters
When this card is Special Summoned, Inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this face-up card is targeted by an opponent's card effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate it and Inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this face-up card is selected as an attack target: You can detach all Xyz Material(s) from this card; negate the attack and end your opponent's turn.
2550 - 1150

12310722_zps753c94d8.jpg

Black Knight – Greatsword
[Warrior/ Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 6 monsters
The effects of your opponent's monsters that this card destroys by battle are negated. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster card your opponent controls; return that target to the top of the Deck and inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack this turn.
2700 - 1850

12310738_zps96b9c3e3.jpg

Black Knight – Halberd
[Warrior/ Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 5 monsters
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can select 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field, and flip it into face-down Defense Position. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card gains the following effects until the End Phase: This monster can attack twice during the same Battle Phase.
2450 - 1850

12310721_zpsb71e798e.jpg

Black Knight – Sword
[Warrior/ Xyz / Effect]

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict 600 Damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Apply 1 of the following effects until the End Phase: ●Increase this cards ATK by 500. ●This card can attack up to three times during the Battle Phase and it cannot attack your opponent directly.
2200 - 1850

12310710_zpsaacae02e.jpg

Iron Golem
[Warrior | Rock / Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change its battle position. While this card has no Xyz Materials, it is changed to Defense Position during the End Phase. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" from your Graveyard to your hand.
2550 - 1450

12310733_zps61276e93.jpg

Moonlight Butterfly
[Spellcaster | Insect / Xyz / Effect]

2 Level 3 monsters
While this face-up card has Xyz Material: this card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards, and your opponent cannot select it as an attack target. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 Set card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone; destroy it and inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Your opponent cannot activate the targeted card in response to this card's activation. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" from your Graveyard to your hand.
1800 - 1500
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Syncro Monsters]

12310735_zpsfb1c21a8.jpg

Gaping Dragon
[Zombie | Dragon / Syncro / Effect]

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's Synchro Summon cannot be negated. When Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Once per turn: You can decrease the ATK of this card by 1000 points and target 2 Spell or Trap cards on the field: destroy them. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
3800 - 2200

12310706_zpsa7827c21.jpg

Seath the Scaleless
[Dragon / Syncro / Effect]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Normal Monsters  
While this card is face-up on the field, it’s Type is also treated as Spellcaster and it gains 100 ATK for each Spell card in your Graveyard. If this card inflicts 2000 or more Battle Damage to your opponent (in 1 damage calculation): Reduce your opponent's Life Points by half. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
2000 - 2750

12310737_zps2388d83e.jpg

Great Grey Wolf Sif
[Warrior | Beast / Syncro / Effect]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Warrior-type monsters
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, control of this card cannot switch and this card cannot be removed from play. If “Knight Artorias - The Abysswalker” is in your graveyard, it gains the following effects: ●This monster can attack twice during the same Battle Phase. ●When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
2700 - 1700

12310732_zpsca7bb6ec.jpg

Chaos Witch Quelaag
[Spellcaster | Pyro / Syncro / Effect]

1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card gains 400 ATK for each "Humanity" in your Graveyard. When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 2 "Humanity" cards  from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
1700 - 1550

12310734_zpsb10c03d1.jpg

Belfry Gargoyles
[Winged-Beast | Rock  / Syncro / Effect]

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
During the End Phase, if this card was destroyed on the field and sent to the Graveyard this turn: Special Summon it from the Graveyard with 1850 ATK and 500 DEF. Each player can only use this effect of "Belfry Gargoyle" once per Duel. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, You can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
2350 - 1000
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Vanilla Monsters]

12310707_zps11f38fed.jpg

Crossbreed Priscilla
[Spellcaster | Dragon]

There once was an abomination who had no place in this world. The little girl clutched her doll tightly, and was eventually drawn into a cold and lonely painted world.
2650 - 1150

12310723_zps0266928c.jpg

Solaire of Astora
[Warrior | Spellcaster]

Solaire of Astora, Knight of Sunlight. His armor and weapons are of high quality and are well- forged. However, they have no divine powers of their own. As it turns out, Solaire's incredible prowess is a product of his own training, and nothing more.
1950 - 1700

12310726_zps45edf6c7.jpg

Siegmeyer of Catarina
[Warrior]

"Hrgrraaaaggh! Hiyaaaaaah! C'mon! Over here, you fiends! Perish, foul creatures! I am Siegmeyer of Catarina, and you shall feel my wrath!"
— Siegmeyer of Catarina
1900 - 1500

12310725_zpsc67b269a.jpg

Knight Lautrec of Carim
[Warrior]

A knight of Carim that is also known as Lautrec the Embraced; as his armor represents the goddess Fina's love. During his solitude, he forsook everything, for he believed in the goddess's love for him.
1850 - 1850

12310724_zpsd581b8cf.jpg

Rouge Witch Beatrice
[Spellcaster / Tuner]

Almost all magic users that employ catalysts studied at Dragon School, but Beatrice is one of the few exceptions. She braved the Abyss but did not live to tell of her ordeal.
1750 - 900
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Effect Monsters]

12310718_zps44a0dd21.jpg

Knight Artorias – The Abysswalker
[Warrior / Effect]

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 "Humanity" cards  from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects. ●Pay 1000 Lifepoints. Target 1 monster on the field: banish that target face-up. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. ●During the Damage Step, if your Life Points are lower than your opponent's, the original ATK of this card is doubled.
3000 - 2600

12310727_zps3a2cf796.jpg

Havel the Rock
[Warrior / Effect]

This card cannot be Special Summoned from the hand or Deck.  This card is unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Spell Cards. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
2900 - 2500

12310728_zps8d5d484d.jpg

Lord’s Blade Cairan
[Warrior / Effect]

You can only control 1 face-up "Lord's Blade Ciaran". If “Knight Artorias - The Abysswalker” is in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned, you can target 1 face-down card on the field, and banish it. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish 2 LIGHT or DARK monsters from your Graveyard; banish this face-up card. During the End Phase, Special Summon this card that was removed by this effect.
2450 - 1850

12310719_zps7697cbc4.jpg

Darkwraith
[Warrior | Fiend / Effect]

If you have 1 or more "Humanity" in your Graveyard and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.
 2150 - 900

12310716_zps60222629.jpg

Chosen Undead
[Warrior | Spellcaster / Effect]

The effect of "Chosen Undead" can only be used once per turn. When this card is sent from your Hand or Deck to the Graveyard by a card effect: Activate 1 of these effects.  ●Special Summon this card from the Graveyard.   ●Add this card from the Graveyard to your hand.
1800 - 1650

12310720_zps4084e162.jpg

Kirk – Knight of Thorns
[Warrior / Effect]

If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. This card gains 100 ATK for each "Humanity" in your Graveyard.
 1750 - 1400

12310709_zps6b4e085d.jpg

Black Iron Tarkus
[Warrior / Effect]

During damage calculation, if this card battles a Rank 4 or higher Xyz monster: This card's original ATK and Level are doubled until the end phase.
1300 - 2100

12310731_zps7e5a8b7d.jpg

Quelana of Izalith
[Spellcaster | Pyro / Effect]

This card gains 200 ATK for each "Humanity" in your Graveyard.  Once per turn: you can banish 2 “Humanity” from your graveyard: Select and destroy 1 face-up monster, and inflict damage to both players equal to its ATK.
1500 - 1000

12310717_zps4c16bce7.jpg

Big Hat Logan
[Spellcaster / Effect]

You can only control 1 face-up "Big Hat Logan". Once per turn: You can send up to 5 cards from the top your Deck to the Graveyard. Until the End Phase, this card gains 1 Level and 300 ATK x the number of cards you sent to the Graveyard. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.
1200 - 900

12310730_zps7d6beb7e.jpg

Humanity Phantom
[Spellcaster | Fiend / Tuner]

When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 face-up monster on the field that has a Level except "Humanity Phantom"; reduce its Level by 1 and its controller loses Life Points equal to its Level x 200. This card's name is treated as "Humanity" while it is Banished, in your Hand, or in your Graveyard.
0 - 700

12310729_zps912455ca.jpg

Crystal Lizard
[Reptile | Rock / Tuner]

Up to twice per turn, if this card would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, the controller of this card draws 1 card.
100 – 200
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Spell & Trap Cards]

12310741_zps3ccd6b38.jpg

Lordran – Land of the Ancient Lords
[Field Spell]

Each time a monster is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard by battle, place 1 Humanity Counter on this card. This card gains the following effects depending on the number of Humanity Counters on this card.  ●1 Counter:  If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Humanity Counter from this card instead.  ●2 Counters: All Battle Damage is halved. ●4 Counters: You can remove 3 Humanity Counters from this card: Add 1 "Humanity" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.  

12310715_zps82d63de6.jpg

Jolly Co-operation
[Continuous Spell]

Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you have at least 1 "Humanity" in your graveyard, You can pay 500 lifepoints to Normal Summon or Set 1 Warrior or Spellcaster-Type Monster from your hand. All Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each face-up Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster you control.

12310711_zps90b961ea.jpg

Lifehunt Scythe
[Equip Spell]

Equip only to a Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster. It gains 500 ATK. When it destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the original DEF of the destroyed monster. If this card is not equipped to "Crossbreed Priscilla": Pay 1000 Life Points during each of your Standby Phases. If you do not, destroy this card.

12310712_zpsbd6401cf.jpg

Humanity
[Quick-Play Spell]

Target 1 face-up monster on the field that has a Level; increase its Level by 1 until the End Phase. Its controller gains Life Points equal to its Level x 100.

12310713_zps23f246a5.jpg

Twin Humanities
[Spell]

This card's name is treated as "Humanity" while it is Banished, in your Hand, or in your Graveyard. Target 1 face-up monster on the field that has a Level;  increase its Level by 2 until the End Phase. Its controller gains Life Points equal to its Level x 200. You can only activate 1 "Twin Humanity" per turn.

12310739_zps4ef0b80e.jpg

White Sign Soapstone
[Spell]

Return 1 "Humanity" from your Graveyard to the Deck. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Warrior or Spellcaster-Type monster from your Deck or Graveyard. The effect of "White Sign Soapstone" can only be activated once per turn.

12310740_zps531591e6.jpg

Bonfire Enkindling
[Spell]

Reveal 1 "Humanity" from your hand to draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card. You can only activate 1 "Bonfire Enkindling" per turn.

12310708_zpse6e3d4ec.jpg

Pursuers
[Counter Trap]

When your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s) with 1000 or more ATK, discard 1 "Humanity" in your hand to activate this card. Banish the summoned monster(s) and inflict damage to your opponent equal to their level x 200.

12310714_zps07cb1928.jpg

Primordial Crystal
[Continuous Trap]

Activate only when an effect is activated that would destroy 2 or more cards you control. Negate the effect and destroy that card. Then, you can Special Summon 1 "Seath the Scaleless" from your Extra Deck. After activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Position; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Rock-Type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 1000). While this card is face-up, "Seath the Scaleless" cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects, or be destroyed by battle. (This card is also still treated as a Trap Card.)
[/spoiler]

• 3 months later...

I like the concept or some of these cards. Love the game too!

Maybe you can compare with these cards: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/307396-dark-souls-boss-set/

I have no preference between them, but I thought it was funny to see the same concept used twice recently.

Awesome box art. Awesome.

I would recommend adding more tuners and eliminating the multiple types a lot of the cards have. Maybe add it as an effect in some cases, but unneeded in others. Just my opinion. And Pricilla needs some Blood effect. It would be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would recommend adding more tuners and eliminating the multiple types a lot of the cards have. Maybe add it as an effect in some cases, but unneeded in others. Just my opinion. And Pricilla needs some Blood effect. It would be awesome.

Wow, I forgot I posted these here.
Now that I look back at this post, I noticed some of the card pics are a bit outdated. Humanity Phantom is the main Tuner in this set (as well as Beatrice and Crystal Lizard). Since it is counted as a "Humanity" card it can be recycled fairly easily with the other cards.

The dual type thing was made mostly for Priscilla since she is half dragon. I could have made it into an effect like the Seath card, but I wanted to include some of Dark Souls lore as well. So I made this new dual type mechanic that I haven't really expanded on (but plan to).

On that note, more Dark Souls cards coming soon. ゚ ヮ゚

o6zqmp.jpg

I really like the idea, and the designs for the cards. The only problem I had with this was the dual type for the Extra Deck monsters. You could've, constructive-criticism speaking, said in the effects: "This monster can also be treated as a Spellcaster-type monster" or so-and-so. Overall, really, REALLY good idea for a Deck.

Yeah I understand that the dual type kind of takes away from the realism of the cards.

But keep in mind that I designed these cards for use with YGOpro, and with the way YgoPro is structured, programming an effect like "This monster can also be treated as a Spellcaster-type monster" only works if the card is face up on the field (so dual types don't work in the deck, grave, etc). So that kind of limited how I can implement the dual type card effect.

I appreciate the constructive-criticism though.

• 3 months later...

Archived