[Finished]Cavani's weekly contest 1! (Counter Trap Cards)

ihop

The basic rules are simple - make one Counter Trap card that isn't part of an archetype and can be used a a standalone card, something like Solemn Judgment or Solemn Warning. It shouldn't specify any Type, Attribute or Archetype in its effect.

[spoiler=Deadline]This tournament will end in one week, so on Sunday 14th July.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Entry Fee]The cost for entry is 10 points, which will go into the pot. If you have problems with the entry fee tell me and I will pay it for you.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Prizes]3 reps for 1st, 2 reps for 2nd, 1 rep for 3rd. In addition the top 3 will get 3, 2 and 1 points respectively towards a leaderboard, and after 12 weeks (or 12 of these contests if I'm not here for a week) the winner will get the total pot from all 12 tournaments as well as 5 reps and possibly some more prizes if I can sort them out. 2nd and 3rd will get 3 and 1 rep respectively[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judging]I will be judging the cards based on this-

/20 for playability and balance. I feel this is the most important part of cardmaking. If your card is either really broken or totally unusable you'll score quite low here, but if you succeed in making a card that is both playable but not broken you can get 20/20 here.

/10 for OCG. Don't let this worry you too much, just try and stick to the rules, I believe Zazu's thread in RC is good for this. For some of you these 10 points may come naturally.

/10 for innovation and thinking outside the box. I don't want to see dull, generic cards such as "Discard 1 card form your hand. Negate the activation of a spell or trap card that targets a monster on the field" (I think there's a card similar to that anyway actually). I want to see a little bit of creative license and something that interests me. A lot of this may be my opinion but I'll make sure everyone gets the same treatment.

I'm not judging on picture or appearance or anything like that so feel free to make a written card but if you do I'd prefer you to make a card and just not put a picture in rather than write it up in written card format as it makes it easier to see the details of the card.[/spoiler]

To recap, deadline is next Sunday, feel free to post the card the moment you have paid the entry fee or if you really don't want people to see your card you can PM it me, however be aware that I will post any PMed card when I am judging. However, I would prefer it if you just posted it in this thread. 

Good luck!

Contestants-

1. Plainview

2. Llisfast

Pot- 30 points

[spoiler='Card.']

2yw7388.jpg

When a monster is Summoned; change it to face-down Defense Position, and your opponent draws 1 card. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard; Banish 1 face-down Defense Position monster on the field.

[/spoiler]

The basic idea was this: The Headgear possesses monsters, blinding them (face-down Defense Position), but gives them a special power/reward (the draw). The second effect was meant to represent the idea that removing the headgear kills the occupant.

Flavour aside, I'm not sure how useful or balanced this is; although it can save your own monster under certain circumstances, too. Sort of like a slower, but more powerful Book of Moon; which, on reflection, may completely outclass this, but hey.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived