Locals Report (Gadgets)

Our tournament rules are confusing. It's 1 big tournament that leads to 2 seperate top cuts, 1 cut for players who entered as a "Pro" or players who entered as a "Duelist" It's easier to make the top as a duelist but Pros get more prize support.

I've entered as a "Duelist" today because I'm not playing Dragons or Prophecy, which means I top on a 3-2 record.

The tournament is 59 players, about half and half for "Duelist" and "Pro".

[spoiler=Deck]

6 Gadgets

2 Gearframe

2 Fortress

3 Kagetokage

3 Tin Goldfish

3 Redox

2 MST

2 Lance

1 Avarice

1 Book

1 Heavy

1 Reborn

2 Bottomless

2 Fiendish

2 Mirror Force

2 TT

2 Compulsory

1 Warning

1 Judgment

1 Ultimate Offering

2 King Feral Imp

2 Maestroke

1 Gear Gigant X

1 Utopia

1 Fairy King Alvbevrebrvejfks

1 Cowboy

1 Emeral

1 Dire Wolf

1 Abyss Dweller

1 Papi

1 Gem-Knight Pearl

1 Shock Master

1 Chimeratech

1 Mind Drain

1 D&L Bird

1 Vaskii

2 Dyna

2 Banisher

2 Cyber Dragon

2 Swift Scarecrow

2 Maxx C

2 Mind Crush[/spoiler]

If anything's not at its optimal number it's probably because I don't have it.

Round 1 (Constellar)

Game 1: I use my resources pretty well, TT on his Thunder King, Pollux and something else random, hold my Storm till he has 3 backrow and I have none, and the only thing he can do is go Pollux and Algiedi into Omega which I get over with Fortress. This deck is such a good matchup for me it's untrue

Game 2: He opens with Pleadies but luckily I topdeck the Book of Moon and get over it and after that I can't really lose

Round 2 (Japanese HERO Turbo)

Game 1: He opens the hella nuts and managed to get Blade Armor and Excalibur out in the same turn, I survive that because I have a monster but he has an out to my follow-up.

Game 2: Similar to last game except he doesn't have an out to my Gear Gigant X, I search a Swift Scarecrow and Compulse his Excalibur and eventually get control of the game

Game 3: The game goes back and forth a lot, he has a Miracle which doesn't lead to much, he also rips Bubbleman with no card which was pretty funny but eventually I make an Offering play which leaves me on 200 but I win.

Round 3 (Dragunity)

Game 1: I control most of the game but eventually he goes for a crazy play after sacking Mystletainn with Pot of Avarice which ends in him going Gauntler Launcher over my Utopia and getting 7k damage which is enough because I Warninged.

Game 2: Don't remember this game very well but I had an out to anything he had and eventually I win

Game 3: When time is called I'm on 5900 to his 900 but he has a Scrap Dragon and a Ravine and I have a set Offering (but my Gadget got Breakthroughed), a Gem-Knight Pearl and a Green Gadget, but he manages to get 2 Scrap Dragon attacks and one over the Gadget so I lose in the last turn of time

Round 4 (Prophecy) 

Game 1: Oh joy. He open Tower, Magician, Judgment, Master and I scoop straightaway so he can't side

Game 2: I open Banisher, Mind Crush his Secrets, Judgment his Judgment and then he scoops because all he has is Master and Tower.

Game 3: Similar to game 1 really.

Round 5 (Dark World)

Game 1: He Eradicates me for both Spells and Traps and I don't have enough monsters to win

Gamed 2: Going first I can do enough to win it, don't quite remember what happened.

Game 3: He opens with Zenmaines but eventually I go for an Offering play and draw Cyber Dragon off Emeral, which I tribute summon and get rid of Zenmaines for easy game

I make top 8 of Duelist and I'm 15th overall

Top 8 (Inzektor Agents)

Game 1: He opens Venus and Insect Imitation and ends on a Gachi and a Tiras but he's really bad, he forgets to search off his Centipede and I use my 2 Maestroke to eventually get over the Tiras and it's an easy win from there.

Game 2: I eventually go for a crazy Offering play and win it with no problems.

Top 4 (Evilswarm)

Game 1: He opens with Ophion but I storm his 3 Backrow, Fiendish Chain Ophion's effect, TT his field of 3 and after that he has so few cards that it's an easy win

Game 2: I open shocking and he just beats me down with Thunderbirds

Game 3: I win eventually after he tries to Safe Zone my King Feral Imp, so I have to tell him he can still attack directly

Top 2 (Dragunity)

Game 1: Not the guy from round 3. He opens pretty good and OTKs me while I put up little resistance

Game 2: Similar to game 2 of the other Dragunity matchup

Game 3: He storms my 4 backrow so I Solemn but then he makes Thought Ruler on my 2 Compulse, Chain and Lance and that's gg, I have nothing.

I win 5 NUMH packs and pull a Super Kagetokage which is all I really wanted anyway. I get a Fortune Tune too which is cool

Archived