Genex Support

thunderstormzx

I enjoy using Genex Monsters in my deck, but I noticed that not one Spell or Trap card involves them. I made a few.

Genex Tornado [Spell/Quick-Play]

Return all face-up "Genex" Monsters from your field to your hand, and remove from play cards on the field up to or equal to the amount of "Genex" Monsters returned this way.

Genex Limited Perfection [Spell/Quick-Play]

All face-up Monsters that are not "Genex" Monsters lose 1000 ATK until your opponent's next End Phase. During your next Standby Phase, all Monsters you control permenantly lose 500 ATK. (This effect lasts until that card leaves the field.)

Mechanical Genex Conversion [Spell/Normal]

Remove from play 1 "Genex" Monster in your Graveyard, then Special Summon 1 Monster with the same name from your Deck. That Monster cannot attack until your next Standby Phase.

Genex Pool [Spell/Continuous]

All face-up "Genex" Monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can tribute 2 face-up "Genex" Monsters to target one Monster in your Extra Deck. Special Summon that card, then destroy this card. That Monster loses 800 ATK.

I will add traps, XYZ, Fusion and a Ritual monster in future posts.

Tornado

Well, first off--- this card is actually pretty good. The banishment as opposed to destroy is really welcomed, and the cost is fair. The wording makes it not work with the Genex that get thrown in Divine Wind.dec, but that is fine. The card is solid for the archetype and would only do to better it while being entirely balanced. I could see it reusing Neutron/Genex Undine's search effects nicely.

Limited Perfection

It generates no advantage and goes on to weaken your monsters after the initial impact. It isn't that great, competitive wise, but I guess I could see it being used casually against some friends as surprise ATK boosts are not that shabby in such a setting. Still, though, I don't really believe this needed the drawback.

Grand Conversion

Now this could most likely be used in an at least somewhat competitive way. This would really help pure Genex in Summoning the bigger dudes, since they could now just dump em for a SS from Deck, basically adding 3 Monster Reborns that have 1 more slight variable to them. The not being able to attack is a nice drawback, ensuring the card's balance. This is your best work out of the four.

Pool

The ATK boost is so minor it shouldn't make a difference in most cases, but I guess it is nice for a quick clearing of a threshold, like Neutron getting over a Rai-Oh and etc. The Special Summon is rather potent, and not limiting what it can Summon is a horrible idea since there would be many broken options to grab. Instead of a -800 ATK, perhaps a -400ATK and effect negation would be better (as well as a Level limit), and add a clause that excludes the drawback if the Summoned monster was a "Genex". Would be worded:

"Genex" monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 2 "Genex" monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower monster from your Extra Deck, then destroy this card. That monster loses 400 ATK and has its effects negated, unless it is a "Genex" monster.

Overall, I like the thought of Pool, and I think the idea can be built upon to be nice. Grand Conversion overall is great for the archetype, adding consistancy to different builds and probably a combo piece in decks that utilize a Genex engine. Tornado, while dead on centric about the archetype, provides decent enough support to be ran perhaps. Nice job.

Archived