Densetsu Kuro no Tsurugi (Legend of the Black Sword) [PG-13][IC][Started/Accepting 2 more]

Yosuke-kun

And so, the legend begins...

Ikito Makoro

In a small district somewhere within the bustling city of Fermata, there lies a quaint little pub, that is quite popular amongst the many Black Hunters crossing through the city. One might ask why such a tiny place is so popular, and one might be told that it is because that is the only place where the ale, mead, and wine is cheap enough for the travellers with very little pocket money can afford a decent drink. One may also say that it is popular because only the finest maidens in all of Fermata serve in this particular pub. The most well known of these women is perhaps the woman named Violin, who's known for her tender care and perfect drink pouring skill. Yes, there are many answers one might recieve, and all would be true, if not believable. However, it should be noted that within all of Fermata, this is the best place for a Black Hunter to gain any kind of information on the Sword. Admittedly most information on the legendary weapon was all rumors and speculation, and all leads would turn up dry anyways, but the hopes that one might not kept the Black Hunters constantly coming in and out of the pub, day to day. Although right now, the talk was focused around a different topic.

"Did you hear? Beethoven's Final took another village. This one's only a stone's throw away from Fermata too."

"To be honest, I say they're full of it for not just focusing on Fermata. They claim to be after King Falsetto, and it's common knowledge that they have a strong influence within Fermata, so why not just go for him and be done with it?"

"You idiot. What kinda stupid plan is that? They're trying to get rid of the King, not get themselves all killed. They're not nearly strong enough to do one without resulting in the other yet."

"I say the whole rebellion is a stupid endeavor in the first place. Sure the price on everything else is higher, but it's the nether gems that really run peoples lives, isn't it?"

"True, but the one in power should be someone responsible enough to use said power, not abuse it. Besides, having put the Nether Gem tax into play, doesn't that seem a bit strange to you that they cost less no? To top it off, there isn't even a tax on them."

"What do you think Ikito?"

The question had come from one of the servers, Violin to be exact, and was aimed at a boy sitting at the bar on one of the stools. Currently he was swigging a large glass of milk, since the bartender had refused to give him any alchohol due to his age. Ikito hadn't answered until he'd drained the glass completely, at whih time he'd placed it down slightly harder than need be, and gave a slight smirk.
"I couldn't care less about what they're up to. If it doesn't have to do with Getsutaiyo, then it's got nothing to do with me." Getsutaiyo was one of the many possible names for the sword. One which Ikito learned while he travelled through Nihonshin, as well as his personal favorite. "Speaking of which..." Ikito then stood, and placed two gold coins on the bar next to his glass. "I'd better be going. Swords don't find themselves. At least not for me they don't."

A short while later the pub had returned to their gossiping about the small rebel faction, and Ikito had just left. "Well, once again, no luck there. Maybe I'll try the butcher or the baker... Nah, last time I did, they didn't seem to like it all that much." As Ikito spoke to himself like this, he began to lose more and more focus on where he had been going and had subconciousley wandered into the center of town. A few people greeted him as he wandered around, and he returned their greetings with a pleasant smile and a hardy hello, but never stopped thinking about where he could search again. In truth, the best place for him to search now would be one of the countries across the Mana Chasm, since he'd not yet been passed the Mana Chasm. He'd been to Rhapsody plenty of times, however somehow he'd never managed to have the money to use the gondola and cross. 

"Okay, first things first, find more money!" Ikito said excitedly as he dashed over to the request board in the town square.

After a long trek, Aesir finally arrived at the gates of Fermata, and ventured inside the town. Here, he saw the town centre dead ahead, but before he moved anywhere, Aesir reached inside his cloak and pulled out a letter, opening it. It contained a familiar message written in blood:

'Your next target

Waltz Falsetto

300,000 gold coins,'

"Well, I've made it to Allegretto at least," Aesir said to himself, "Now all I need is to find this person,"

With that, he pocketed the letter again and continued onward to the town centre, where he could perhaps find a source of information. There were plenty of people to be expected roaming around the town centre; surely at least one person could guide Aesir in the right direction. Eventually, the opportunity of a potential guide arrived; in which a young lad (Ikito) had made his way to the request board. Someone like him could be ideal.

"Excuse me," Aesir addressed the lad, "Could you please direct me to the king? I've a message to deliver to him,"

It was in a less populated area of the city of Fermata where our third hero found himself at the moment.  Well, less populated wasn't exactly the best way to describe this area; rather it was a place where most of the populace would prefer to not go if they had a choice.  The only residents in this "undercity" as such areas were known were either criminals or those too poor to live elsewhere.  So through the darkened alleyways and occasional passages literally beneath the streets a certain figure cloaked in black moved.  The only real sounds that gave the young man, the little visible skin on him tanned by the desert sun, away were two sets of soft clinks.  The first was that of a remarkably full coin purse that honestly should have had pickpockets on him like flies on a puddle of honey, but the second clinking sound was part of the reason he wasn't.  That clinking sound was the muffled noise of rings of chain mail tapping against one another beneath his shirt.  On top of that was the presence of two very obviously lethal bladed weapons upon his back, one of them being a Katana of a style which could very well be unique to him.  Still, he supposed that he'd gone long enough without being active and about that it wouldn't attract his attention.  Furthermore the few wanted posters of himself in this town that he'd seen were clearly based on a few of the legends that had grown up around him, and didn't hold anything that could have pointed people towards him without some very serious examination and seeing through exaggeration.  For one, his arms weren't metal.  In fact the only visible metal on him happened to be those nether-gem powered gauntlets of his.

It didn't seem he'd be able to leave this district without trouble though, as a fellow in a wide-brimmed hat stepped out in front of him and brandished a knife which very quickly came to life with electricity.  Remaining silent, the young man sighed inwardly and stopped in his tracks to look over the fellow before him.  That hood of his cloak kept his dull grey eyes invisible, but allowed him to see his potential quarry.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll hand over that coin purse of yours."  The fellow's voice was gravely, and probably by itself served to intimidate people.  This man was different.

"Let me pass, and I can guarantee no harm will come to you."  The young man spoke quietly, his voice soft and flowing.  It bore just the slightest hint of a Nihonshin accent, which he had never been able to completely eliminate.  All the same, it looked like the fellow in the wide-brimmed hat wouldn't be doing anything sensible.

"What'd you say?!  No on talks to me like that!"  The thug rushed him with that electrified knife held in the air...only to be struck in the gut as the much faster young man rushed forward and planted his right fist into the would-be robber.  The wind was knocked out of the thug, and his grip on that knife loosened so that it was dropped to the ground, the energy dispersing as it fell.  Another quick blow was delivered, with the man's left fist, to that fellow's temple and the lights went out.  Just like that, one of the more recent visitors to Fermata left the poorer district and continued out into the town center.  He supposed he might try to do some good, and the young man made his way towards the request board.  He noticed two others near it, one of whom appeared to be asking the other something and so he moved close enough to them so that he could listen in without participating in the conversation.  Shi no Hoshi was somewhat curious after all.

"And I'm saying that we could have taken them on. But we didn't because of you! If you want, I could have taken them by myself!"

A loud shout came from a fair woman with hair as smooth as silk and shone like moonlit pond, and skin so fair as snow. Her physical attractiveness seemed to be contrasting with her outward warrior-like appearance with a grouped up bunch of blades on her back. She also seemed to be accompanying a man who was more fit to be a warrior than she. This warrior had a physique of a natural warrior with his hair as golden as the sun. It seemed fairly obvious that he originated from the North. The woman seemed fairly upset about something.

"Mie- Whisper, please. The best way to win a battle is to not battle at all."

"But Kozah, you gave them our gold! We need that!"

"Actually, I gave them rocks. See?" The warrior, Kozah, held up a pouch and jingled it around, giving the obvious sound of gold inside of it.

Earlier, Kozah and Miekka (currently known as Whisper) were outside of the village of Fermata when they encountered a group of bandits who were trying to rob them. Miekka was ready for the fight, but Kozah insisted that they oblige them with what they want, and give them the gold. Kozah apparently had deceived the bandits by giving them rocks instead, safely making it to the town. The bandits were stupid enough to believe they were given gold initially and not check to see it was gold.

"Y'know, Kozah, when the bandits realize that they've been given rocks, they'll know what's up and they'll try to come after you."

"Aye, I've considered that. Which is why you'll stop them, since you're so eager to take them on by yourself."

"Well, I guess. But I mean, you're putting the city in danger."

"Whisper, look around. There are warriors from around Galileia. If they do come, they'll have the warriors to face first."

The two passed by what appeared to be a request board with two people around it. Kozah appeared to be walking towards a local tavern, while Miekka stopped to looked at the request board, scanning her eyes about. She only gave a sigh. Kozah stopped and realize that Miekka wasn't with him, but at the request board. He paced himself towards her, and questioned Miekka on what she was doing at the request board.

"It's a request board, y'know, for jobs and stuff."

"I know what a request board is, I'm asking why. We got enough gold on hand."

"Yeah, but we can do some good. Like this one right here talking about taking care of "bandits outside of the city." Maybe it's the one's outside?"

"Can't really support that statement. But can we at least get a drink first? It's been so long since I had a decent one."

"You and your damn mead greedy self. I say we should take care of these bandits first, then get ourselves a drink."

The two stepped away from the request board and started to discuss to each other - or simply said, argue - about whether or not they should get a drink first, then take the job, or vice versa. Miekka wanted to take some action, while Kozah wanted to at least get a drink first. He thought that he shouldn't interfere matters that didn't concern him or didn't need immediate attention. Since the bandits on the request board weren't doing anything to the city at the moment, he didn't have to worry about them. The two continued their argument with Miekka using brash and harsh words, while Kozah kept his cool and calm state. It was a surprise that he traveled with Miekka for so long and could stand her sharp tongue.

Dressed in more casual clothes to deflect attention, Sol was walking at a moderate pace towards the center of Fermata, as there seemed to be a good deal of attention there. Still a good distance away though, he realized there was something off at that very moment. Not acting otherwise, he carefully observed the world through his senses, and realized there seemed to be another set of footsteps behind him. Acting as if he had tripped and quickly readjusting his pace, this was confined to be true, hearing a distinct echo of footsteps. It had readjusted quickly enough that Sol had only heard it for a single footstep, but this was enough. Without stopping his flow of motion, he formed a sphere of fire around his right hand around the size of his fist, and slightly modified it so it would be an impact, and not a piercing type of blaze. Suddenly ducking and sweeping his leg out in a quick motion, it had tripped the bandit behind him, sending him sprawling forward, sending an array of golden rocks spilling out of his pocket. Slamming his fiery fist into the gut of the man now with a powerful, which had charged even more, to just below a lethal extent, it quite literally sent the robber flying upward, before crashing down with the disturbing sounds of bones being shattered by the hard concrete ground. His fellow associates that Sol had noticed by their heavy breathing from anticipation now followed out, angered. Numbering around 4 or so, the 17 year old sighed when he saw murder in their eyes. Snapping out his wrists towards his sides, they both ignited with golden flames. Suddenly whirling around in a hook kick, Sol took out the man sneaking up behind him without even looking, before lunging forward and smashing his fist into the chest of a criminal which looked sort of apish, sending him crashing into a fence on the far side. The one to his left had pulled out a blade and stabbed it at him, while the one to his right loaded and cocked a revolver. Ducking and bodily lifting the man to his right, he slammed the gun wielder straight into the path of the knife, which had plunged into a lung, setting off a keening wail as the man screamed in pain. Reigniting his fists, he knocked both of them in opposite directions into the two buildings at the sides, breaking their ribs. The last one was obviously what appeared to be the leader, dressed the fanciest and wielding some sort of twisted and cruel-looking machete, which seemed to have a Nether Gem embedded. As the blade of the machete disappeared, being replaced with fire, Sol's eye twitched. The criminal lord, mistaking it as fear and shock, rushed at him with the blade. Not bothering to dodge, he stood his ground as the fire hit him. At that very moment, Sol's eyes changed to a glowing golden hue which radiated power. The flame sword's fire was being sucked away, draining the Nether Gem entirely, seeming to make the 17 year old even stronger. After a few seconds, the blazing sword was left without a blade, and the Nether Gem cracked, as every last inch of power was sucked out of it. The robber now realized his true predicament. Glowing with an intense aura radiating heat, Sol's entire body had lighted with fire, the sword having been a rather powerful one the thief had taken from a rich merchant who had bought it as a trinket, and thus having fueled Sol quite a bit. Grimacing in what seemed like a bit of pain as the fire swarmed over him in a massive inferno, he shut his eyes in intense focus. The fire slowly drained into him, disappearing, leaving only a small bit left, concentrated around his right fist. Sol's eyes returning to normal, only a small glint of gold left, without blinking an eye, he slammed his fist with unbelievable power into the man's chest, which made a radiating ripple of light as it had hit. Slamming into the fence with so much power that the man had ripped through the fence, every single bone around his chest and back had been destroyed beyond any possible repair.

Slowly standing back up, having lunged forward to maximize the strength of the punch, Sol's eyes had now entirely returned to normal, as well as the fire having been entirely absorbed into him now. Realizing the flames from the sword had burnt a long and somewhat wide slit into the torso of his clothing, he closed his eyes in frustration. Quickly ripping out the burnt edges as to avoid suspicion, he quickly incinerated the scraps. Making his way to a nearby clothing shop, he bought a new pair of clothes quickly, changing and incinerating his old ones. The garments he now had on were similar to his old ones, not being too fancy, nor being something overly simple. He had donned a white undershirt which was slightly baggy, with a forest green vest buttoned over it. His pants were simple, brown, leather pants which were comfortably fitting, and with a belt looped through it, holding various pouches. To hide his face partially, he wore a small black beanie like hat over his head to conceal his easily noticeable white hair. Wearing a light scarf or handkerchief partially tied around his neck, he now walked into the town center.

Noticing two rather interesting figures, he strode towards them. A man in a black and grey armor set with golden highlights was speaking to a younger boy around the age of 17. The boy wasn't that interesting, although Sol would talk to him later, trying to be friendly and all, but the man's face was concealed by a hood, and the crossbow was sort of suspicious to him. Not many wielded a crossbow nowadays, except perhaps marksmen or assassins or otherwise. The adult seemed sort of untrustworthy, but nothing else seemed to be suspicious about the man, and Sol ignored it, although keeping an occasional watch of him. Another man in a near entire black robe with a few golden tracings along the edge was watching off to the sides. Both of them seemed to have a cold feeling radiating from them, but not like Ice affinity… something darker… Although Sol knew that a Moon affinity didn't automatically lend itself to villains, it was that a good majority of its users tended to be not as good, and his suspicions slightly raised, he was observing both of them through his senses other than sight, as not to give away the fact he was observing them. The person in the robe seemed to wear all black, except for a white shirt and a brown-green pair of boots. Not immediately hating them, as some uneducated person might though, Sol made an effort to get to know them better, partially to be friendly, and partially because he was curious. As of now, Sol had turned to the man entirely dressed in the black robe, and offered out his hand. He knew his name would attract attention, so created a ruse name though. "My name's Si. What's yours?" With a genuine smile, he hoped he could get through what seemed to be a disinterested cover and perhaps get to know the man.

Shi had continued to observe the young boy and the man in robes that bore a remarkable semblance to his own.  Perhaps that other fellow had visited the same tailor as he at some time...though he somewhat doubted that such would be the case.  Off to the side, away from the request board, another pair were arguing like an old married couple.  It wasn't hard for the young man to pick out the fellow Moon Affines in the pairs, most had a hard time noticing it but immediately around their bodies was a subtle region wherein any light there was seemed to be quite significantly reduced almost as if they absorbed it.  Still, so far, nothing was really interesting him and so he let his eyes turn off in the direction of the request board.  There were quite a few problems: bandits outside the city, gangs inside the city, some sort of infestation in the sewers, and finally (also unsurprisingly) as there was in every single major city he'd been in this request board had a nice big wanted poster with his name on it.  And as always, they got his description horribly wrong.  Still, there were some things about this picture, as with the one he'd passed in an alley earlier, that could point towards him if one were to look at it as one might look at a legend in their attempts to discern the reality behind it.  

It was also then that another caught his eye.  A lad, who couldn't have been older than sixteen or seventeen, was approaching him.  From the looks of his attire, specifically the hat and bandanna about his head and neck, he had something to hide just as much as Shi did.  Possibly for similar reasons.  Of course that single look at him told him that was unlikely, the slight and almost invisible radiance of a Sun Affine was about him and they tended not to wind up as criminals.  Was just kind of how things worked.  He couldn't pick out any weapons that the lad was carrying, but that meant literally nothing as he could quite easily have twenty or more knives on him.  Shi'd encountered more than a few knives against which that Arcadian chain mail of his was little use.

When the lad, who would come to identify himself as Si, began to approach Shi set about readying the firing mechanisms in his gauntlets; after all he had been attacked in more crowded areas before.  However, there was a certain aura of friendliness about this young fellow.  The wanted man knew it could be a trap, but it seemed sincere enough.  After all, how many bounty hunters had ever come right up to him and tried to shake his hand?  Despite the polite nature of the gesture, he did not return it.  He was too much a son of Nihonshin to do that even while abroad.  Thus it was that those gauntlet-clad hands of his came together as if in prayer, and he dipped his head down to about the level of his chest in a bow that served as a greeting among equals in his homeland.

"A pleasure to meet you Si."  A smile crossed the swordsman's face, and he decided to use the alias he had come up with at first when wandering between the villages in the Melody Desert.  "You may call me Kiritsugu if you would like a name.  I should like to know what aroused your interest enough to come and speak to me."

Noticing out briefly a flicker of motion around the figure's arms, which seemed to perhaps have some sort of weapon concealed inside, Sol had tensed, but as the man stopped, he eased a bit. [i]Why is he so nervous…?[/i] The man had not returned his handshake, but instead had bowed in the fashion of a Nihonshin person. The person had given the name "Kiritsugu" as his name, but Sol felt like this wasn't the person's actual name, not sure why. Also, the name seemed sort of familiar, but he was not sure where had heard it before. Not really upset by this, as he himself was using an alias as well, and he tried not to completely suspect a person until he had reason, Sol's ears tuned in as the man had stated a question. [i][color=#ffcc66]"What, am I not allowed to be friendly nowadays?"[/color][/i] Grinning in jest, he continued on. [i][color=#ffcc66]"But in all seriousness, your attire was sort of interesting, given the rather toasty temperature here. Also, I like to meet new people and be sociable as I travel around. I'm searching for the famed sword, so I had came to this place in general, but I'm not as serious to the point of murder or similar as some would be to attain that weapon. It's more for a family reason. You seemed to be fairly strong with your Moon Affinity - yes, I noticed the distinct aura of Moon affinity people - and I was piqued enough to come here. What about you? I can tell you're from Nihonshin. You have that accent, as well as the type of greeting. I've always admired Nihonshin culture, in their beauty, simplicity, and complexity, in various aspects. I myself was born in…"[/color][/i] Hesitating, as he realized he might give a bit too much away by stating where he was born, he just stated the general area. [i][color=#ffcc66]"I'm from Arcadia. If you're looking for the Sword as well, might you want to become allies with me? I don't have any problem with you being a Moon Affinity, if you might be concerned about that. And come on, can I have a peek at your face? I promise I won't laugh. I [i]do[/i] trust you a good deal right now, as you haven't attacked me or such otherwise. I mean, even for the famed guy Shi no Hoshi, unless he actually attacked me, I'd be wary because of the reports, but I'd want to talk to him and get to know him better. News often exaggerate a lot of things, and just so happen to forget rather important details. If he wasn't as bad as everything said, I'd seriously want to get to know him and maybe even become friends."[/color][/i] Not quite realizing who he was talking to, Sol was in a situation someone who was omniscient might view as rather funny. However, his words were genuine though, as he doesn't lie unless he has a particular reason to, and he was curious of all the fames and legends surrounding the infamous Shi no Hoshi, as well as being rather open to a lot of people. His sword which could fold to a small cube was safely stashed in his pocket, but even so, he trusted his general Sun Affinity powers enough. He honestly didn't believe he would need to fight this person though, as the person seemed to at least mildly trust him now.

Archived