Newer Member Contest [1-3 Stars] [JUDGED/FINISHED]

:^)

I've decided to be generous and run a contest for newer members.

END DATE: 1st October

Rules.

2. 1 to 3 star members only.
  4. 3 Minimum, 5 Maximum cards.
  6. At east 2 Monsters and 1 Spell/Trap card that all support each other.
  8. NO Written Cards.
  10. Decent Artwork.

I feel the artwork is the heart of the piece, if the image is warped and squished and pixels are visible you will be disqualified.

The contest will begin when there are 3 entrants, however there will be a maximum of 10.

Participants:

•  
  • Wightpower
  •  
  • ThorgrimZz
  •  
  • Koutari
  •  
  • TFMegamanlan
  •  
  • Avaren
  •  
  • Eptinyugi

1st Place: Koutari, who will recieve 50% of the Pot
2nd Place: Wightpower, who will recieve 35% of the Pot
3rd Place: Avaren, who will recieve 15% of the Pot

The complete pot is my points and there is NO ENTRY FEE

If you wish to donate points that is your choice.

Pot: 200 Points.

Warg Pack Leader

tIIiv2V.jpg

Warg Scout

o4Q3Tqm.jpg

Warg Hunter

JcQ3H97.jpg

Warg Hunting Grounds

YXnGM2M.jpg

Hunting Call of the Wargs

hnFgwTr.jpg

Not participating.

Only want to tell you this; the cards are good, on themselves. Together, they are op.

Combining the cards I can swarm a field with Neo Galaxy in 1 turn.

Perhaps tone down to only special summon a certain level, or special summoning from the hand. 

I'll hop in if you don't mind, and throw a 50 point donation your way. what's the use of pointy if you cant use them, right?

You're in.

I'd like to participate in this, please. I'll post my cards later if that's alright.

That is fine.

Contest has officially started.

Alright well, here are my cards. 

[spoiler=Warning: LARGE cards]

[spoiler=Subjugator Oluo]0iyo.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Subjugator Xahn]k9fg.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Subjugator Dmitri]4w02.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Quash the Uprising]2m3v.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dominant Aura]7tqv.png[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I'm assuming that I don't need to make the cards specificity for the contest, so I'm entering these 5 cards.

[spoiler=Entry][spoiler=IceBurn - Crystal Slice]3VGq2r2.jpg

Text:

You can Target 1 card on the field; that card and/or its effects cannot be activated. Only 1 card can be Targeted by this effect at a time.

During each of your opponents Standby Phases, if this card is Targeting a card on the field; deal 100 damage to your opponent.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IceBurn - Lizard Infantry]DI1tycb.jpg

Text:

When this card is Summoned, destroy all cards targeted by a "IceBurn" card and Special Summon a "IceBurn" monster from your deck that's level is equal to or less then the amount of cards destroyed by this effect.

This card is treated as a Level 2 monster for a Synchro Summon,[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IceBurn - Magma Glow]sZ5PSZA.jpg

Text:

Once per turn, you can destroy a card targeted by a "IceBurn" card; Deal 250 Damage to your opponent.

When this card destroys a monster by battle; Select a card that is Targeted by a "IceBurn" card, then Target a card in your Graveyard; Destroy the selected card, then shufle the targeted card to your Deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IceBurn 2nd Degree Burn]l3yfp1E.jpg

Text:

If a "IceBurn" monster you control deals damage to your opponent (either by battle or by effect); deal 500 damage to your opponent.

If this card is destroyed; Target 1 card on the field; Destroy it during your next Draw Phase. If you have a "IceBurn 3rd Degree Burn' in your Graveyard while this card is face up on the field; you can target that card; send it to the bottom of your deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=IceBurn Savage Chains]bu5WHxs.jpg

Text:

Once during either players turn; you can activate 1 of the following effects (and if you do you cannot activate the other effect next turn);
- Target 1 monster on the field; it cannot declare an attack and loses 500 ATK/DEF.

- Select 1 targeted card on the field; Negate the effects of that card (this effect lasts until the next Draw Phase) OR destroy that card.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Here's my Entry:

[spoiler=entry][spoiler=Hidden Crystal Beast Quartz Fox] image_zps3788fb62.jpg [spoiler=effect] If you control a Face-up "Rainbow Dragon" or 2 or more "Crystal Beast" Spell cards, you may Special Summon this card (from your Hand). Once per turn: You can target 1 "Crystal Beast"; this card's Level and Attribute becomes the same as the target until the End Phase. If this face-up Card is destroyed or used as Synchro Material while in a Monster Card Zone; you can place it Face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone as a Continous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hidden Crystal Beast Lazuli Falcon] image_zps59598ce8.jpg [spoiler=Effect] When this card is Normal Summoned: You may Target 1 Banished "Crystal Beast"; Return it to your Deck to Draw 2. Your Opponent may add 1 Banished card they control to their Hand. You can only activate this effect if you have 2 or more Banished cards. This card cannot be Banished. When this Face-up Monster is destroyed, Place it in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuos Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Refined Crystal Beast Citrine Phoenix] image_zpscf1bdc20.jpg [spoiler=Effect] 1 Tuner + 2 or more "Crystal Beast" Non-Tuner Monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned; Place all "Crystal Beast" Synchro Material Monsters in your Spell/Trap Card Zone as Continuous Spell Cards. During the End Phase of a turn when this card was Destroyed by an Opponent's Card (either by Battle or Card Effect), Special Summon this card; and if you do, this card gains 300 ATK for each Spell Card you control. If this card is Destroyed by a Card Effect: Target 1 "Crystal Beast" Spell Card or "Refined Crystal Beast" in your Graveyard except "Refined Crystal Beast Citrine Phoenix", Special Summon that target.[/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Crystal Resonance] image_zpsf4708b67.jpg[spoiler=Effect] Place 1 "Crystal Beast" Monster from your Deck or Graveyard in your Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. You must control at least 1 "Crystal Beast" Monster to activate and Resolve this effect. [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Future Colors] image_zps82f5a0b8.jpg [spoiler=Effect]Activate only during your Opponent's Battle Phase: This turn, all Effect damage becomes 0. During the End Phase, if your Opponent destroyed a "Crystal Beast" this turn; Destroy 1 Card on the Field, and if you do; Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" Monster from your Hand or Graveyard for each "Crystal Beast" Monster destroyed. During your next turn, you cannot Summon Monsters except "Crystal Beast" Monsters.[/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

Finally finished my cards. Couldn't help making a full set of 5, and I decided to not make an archetype. These cards are all related, but do not share a common name, and I tried to make them all somewhat splashable while also focusing towards the common goal of summoning a powerhouse Xyz monster.

I've taken to calling these guys the Underriver cards as an unofficial name, because each card is based on one of the classic five rivers of hell (Styx, Acheron, Lethe, Cocytus, and Phlegethon). I actually decided on these guys by  using the random type combo generator I've been using for my Monster Mash contest. I landed on Fiend and Sea Serpent, and got the inspiration to use the rivers of hell as a jumping off point. If you'd like to see the uncropped images for each card, they can be found here: (Diver) http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/Deepstyx-Diver-400549216 (Fisher) http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/Phlegethon-Fisher-400612294 (Crabber) http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/Cocytus-Crabber-401397681 (Ferryman) http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/Forgetful-Ferryman-401420653 (Acheron) http://wightpower.deviantart.com/art/Great-Acheron-401435731

[spoiler=Deepstyx Diver]  8RlAG7i.jpg
EffectThis card in the Graveyard cannot be banished by your card effects. During each of your turns, while this card is in the Graveyard, increase the ATK of all face-up monsters you control by 100 for every card placed on top of this card in the Graveyard, until the End Phase. If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, its Level becomes 8 until the End Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Phlegethon Fisher]  d3DbCFT.jpg
Effect: If this card is Special Summoned, its effects are negated. Reduce the Level of this face-up card on the field by 1 for every other monster on the field. Once per turn, you can send 1 monster from your field or your hand to the Graveyard; banish 1 face-up monster on the field. You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by banishing 2 monsters from your hand, field, or Graveyard. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Cocytus Crabber]  e57Znxx.jpg
Effect: When this card is attached to a WATER Xyz Monster as Xyz Material, Draw 2 cards. When this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard, you can return up to 5 banished cards to the Graveyard. When this card is Special Summoned, its Level becomes 8. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Forgetful Ferryman]  CKRfjzg.jpg
Effect: Toss a coin. • Heads: Special Summon up to 3 WATER Fiend-type monsters from your Graveyard or banished pile in face-up Attack Position. Your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster from their Graveyard. • Tails: Each player Special Summons 1 monster from their banished piles. Each player targets 1 monster in their opponent's Graveyard and Special Summons it to their field. Each player targets 1 monster in their Graveyard and Special Summons it to their opponent's field.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Great Acheron] i6o0edd.jpg
Effect: 3 Level 8 WATER monsters
While this card has Xyz Materials attached to it, it cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: inflict damage to both player's Life Points equal to 100 x the number of monsters in their Graveyard; both players banish 3 cards from their Graveyard.[/spoiler]

Hope you guys like them. They were pretty fun to draw. I will keep playtesting these guys to see if I can improve their effects at all, but this is it for now.

Edit: Sorry, apparently you guys weren't able to see those. I'm really sad because these cards look way better from Yugico than they do from the cardmaker, but I'm forced to do it this way. Good thing I figured it out now otherwise I wouldn't have any cards for this contest. I still recommend following the DeviantART links I left if you want to see the images in full. The cardmaker does this weird blurring thing with all of them. Hopefully these ones are visible this time.

ThorgrimZz, your cards do work well together, however the swarming potential is too great, and they are quite overpowered together, also the art you used is quite squished and pixely and there are OCG errors. Good job though.

Koutari, even though your cards are quite large, I love the archetype you have made, the images all work together, and the cards work well together, however there are some OCG errors. Great work.

Avaren, however you didn't make cards specifically for the contest, it is better, because that way you had no OCG fixes for your cards, and they're how you initially made them. The art is quite nice, however there are OCG Errors. Good work however.

TFMegamanlan, the images for the first two cards do not fit into the rules unfortunately, however I will still accept your entry, if the cards weren't so large, it might have been a different story. There are some minor OCG Errors. Nice job though.

Wightpower, I really like your drawing style, there are some minor OCG Errors however I can see a lot of effort went into making these cards, I like the overall concept and they work well together. Good work.

Eptinyugi, some of your art looks squashed, however I like the idea, there are OCG Errors however I like the idea of Counters when Battle Position is changed. Good work.

Without further ado.

1st Place: Koutari, who will recieve 50% of the Pot
2nd Place: Wightpower, who will recieve 35% of the Pot
3rd Place: Avaren, who will recieve 15% of the Pot

Congratulations to all participants! Keep the cards coming.

Archived