Breeding Buddies "ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ"

Kuri

vifath.png

Welcome to the Breeding Buddies Club. This club will primarily focus on Pokemon Breeding & Training from Generation 6 (Pokemon X & Y) onward. This club's purpose is to support those who wish to breed/train by providing a dedicated environment of users who share a common goal.

Rules

Before submitting an application I highly suggest reading these rules:

1. Keep ALL conversations relevant to breeding/training. Anything such as miscellaneous trade requests (such as those used to complete the PokeDex), battle requests (  and FC sharing is prohibited and should remain in the official threads.

2. No spamming/flamming/rickrolling/etc.

3. Respect all the members of the club and their ideas. Any criticism should be relatively constructive.

4. Follow all YCM rules.

[spoiler=Application]

YCM Name:

IGN Name:

3DS Name:

Skype Name: (optional)

For FCs check the official thread here [/spoiler]

PROJECTS/EVENTS

Since the purpose of the club is to provide a breeding/training environment there will be many projects.

Current Breeding Project - NONE (open to suggestions)

LOG

-N/A

[spoiler=FAQ: Breeding Project]

A Breeding project is a project in which us club members utilize a single Pokemon and develop a breeding chain with one another in order to achieve ideal/flawless IVs, natures, and egg moves. The Pokemon developed via this project will be distributed to all who contributed (as seen the log).[/spoiler]

EVENT

Should the Club host an event a link/description will be posted here for all to view

[spoiler=FAQ: Club Events]

I (Kuri) hope to be able to further develop this club where we can eventually host events that provide prizes such as flawless/shiny Pokemon, IG items, etc.

Normally these events will be seperate threads where all YCM members can join, but ideas are a compilation of club members.[/spoiler]

Club Members

Color Code -  Leader Co-Leader Supervisor Member

(YCM | IGN | 3DS | Skype)

Kuri | Matt | Matt | matt.thelawler

Zextra | N/A | Zex | N/A

ZeroChill (Digi-Boy) | N/A | Xavier | N/A

[spoiler=Privileges]

LEADER - Is able to edit the OP and has the privileges of the below.

CO-LEADER - Is able to PM any Leaders and suggest a ban/probation of a member and has the privileges of the below.

SUPERVISOR - Is in charge of developing Club events and distributing information among members and has the privileges of the below.

MEMBER - Can post and contribute to projects/events within the thread.

Should anyone not in the memberlist post they will be given a warning before being revoked of application rights.[/spoiler]

I would like to join.

YCM Name:  ZeroChill (currently Digi-Boy)

IGN Name:  I have none

3DS Name:  Xavier

I'm currently breeding up Modest Nature Squirtles with Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere.  I'm also breeding Protean Froakies with Toxic Spikes (That's still a work in process).

probably not: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/946308-pokemon-platinum-version/answers?qid=164007

But x and y has increased the shiny rate quite a bit apparently. The Masuda method is probably the best for breeding shinies. 50-100ish eggs will yield a shiny in comparison to maybe 200-300 eggs normally.

I should probably breed for a shiny Froakie with Toxic Spikes then.  What is the best nature for Froakie?  I got Hasty Nature in mind.

Modest@Choice Specs for Special Sweeper

Timid@ Life Orb for Set-up & kinda sweep

Those are what I've seen lately.

The latter seems a bit more practical, and it can take advantage of Protean better. Also, not being locked into one moves allows for the flexibility of moves such as U-Turn.

The latter seems a bit more practical, and it can take advantage of Protean better. Also, not being locked into one moves allows for the flexibility of moves such as U-Turn.

What about a Jolly Nature Froakie?  I feel that trap set-up with Shadow Sneak/Rock Slide + Protean would give it an immense amount of coverage and priority without weakening the Attack stat.

What about a Jolly Nature Froakie?  I feel that trap set-up with Shadow Sneak/Rock Slide + Protean would give it an immense amount of coverage and priority without weakening the Attack stat.

It's an interesting idea, but personally I wouldn't want to waste Greninja's superior Special Attack, along with Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse. But I love your originality with that set; if you like it, feel free to give it a shot.

It's an interesting idea, but personally I wouldn't want to waste Greninja's superior Special Attack, along with Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse. But I love your originality with that set; if you like it, feel free to give it a shot.

I'll try it after breeding for the perfect Froakie.  The female has superior spread in IVs + Protean, and the male only has an above average spread in IVs.  Should be a while before I get one with perfect IVs.

Physical Geninja is viable and its also funny to see when your opponent sets up a Light Screen. Its unlikely and actually good and with the Protean ability...amazing. Greninja is probably one of the most versatile of the starters especially with the egg moves & abilities it offers.

That's the beauty of the Greninja line.  Amazing speed, great hidden ability and a ver wide movepool coverage.  Heck, all the starters in Gen VI are amazing.  Chestnaught is a physical monster, has an amazing movepool and Bulletproof isn't half-bad as an ability.  Delphox has a nice speed, amazing Special Attack, great movepool coverage and a great ability with Magician.

Chesnaught is my favorite of the 3 personally. I bred one with the intention of just being an outright physical tank/support. Gave it  -SpAtk +SpDef then went 252SpDef/252Def @Assault Vest. With Smack Down/Low Sweep/Seed Bomb/Bulldoze completely ruined speedy opponents. The starters also have decent egg moves. Will be breeding a Defense Curl/Rollout Chesnaught.

Chesnaught is my favorite of the 3 personally. I bred one with the intention of just being an outright physical tank/support. Gave it  -SpAtk +SpDef then went 252SpDef/252Def @Assault Vest. With Smack Down/Low Sweep/Seed Bomb/Bulldoze completely ruined speedy opponents. The starters also have decent egg moves. Will be breeding a Defense Curl/Rollout Chesnaught.

You don't really need to breed for Defense Curl since Bulk-Up is a better option, and Chestnaught can learn Rollout through the move relearner.

I actually finished my flawless Dedenne project only was able to get 1 flawless after 23 eggs the rest are missing 1 or 2 IVs, wonder traded them all for them Poke Miles and as a gift to the world for all my early crappy wonder trades of Scatterbugs...

EDIT: Still working on the Claunchers just going to slowly complete this one over the course of time...Maybe hatch 10 eggs a day or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived