[Finished]** Delete please ** Original & Simple

Rowling

*** CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF CONTESTANTS ***
Points returned to those who paid an entry fee

Good-day, ladies and gentlemen,

The goal of this contest is to offer a platform for card-makers to create ingenious,

original, practical cards, with isolated effects that could be used in a large array of

situations, and that are inspired by the cards themselves (as an example, think of Time Wizard:

simple effect, yet original and versatile, AND it is inspired by the monster, for it makes time

pass by on a specific side of the field).

* RULES *

- It will consist of three rounds, each of theme with a specific category, yet all of them following the same ethos: simple, yet elegant.

- Round 1 will start as soon as we have ten contestants on board, and will last exactly a week. Four contestants will be eliminated after the first round; another three will be eliminated after the second round; and, finally, the last three contestant will battle to see who gets 1st (50% of the pot), 2nd (30% of the pot), and 3rd place (20% of the pot).

- Entry fee is 20 points, which will be added to an initial pot of 150 points (donated by myself). If you wish to participate, please send the points over with the reason 'SIMPLE YET ELEGANT'. If someone happens to send points once the ten positions have been filled, worry not, I shall send them back immediately.

- Cards should be posted on this thread, with the lore typed beneath the card.

- I shall be judging, and I'll strive to be as fair as humanly possible :)

If anyone else wishes to be a judge, send me a message.

- Have fun!

* CONTESTANTS *

- TrueMalice.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

* POT *
170 points.

If I understand correctly:

It's a contest on originality more so than on playability?

A combination of both: some cards have very original and clever effects

that could be used in a large amount of situations. Currently, though, most cards

are either part of an archetype, or over-complicated, or simply boring.

The goal is to create cards that are original, witty, and whose effects are actually

related to the card itself.

But yeah, originality is probably the most important quality, or at least

it'll be when I judge the cards (guest judges might have different priorities).

Archived