[Finished]Pokemon XY meets ygo

razzy

Welcome to my first contest!
The main objective of this contest is to create YuGi Oh cards based on the new Pokemon Gym Leaders!
 - From Kalos, XY, Gen 6, Viloa, Grant, korrian, Ramos, Celemont, Valerie, Olympia, Wulfric  - however you know them.

[spoiler=Fee] At least 10 points. More is welcomed and will be acknowledged but will not increase your chances of winning :)[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Pot] Going to start with my own 25, and I'll be adding along with it right with you guys! Would love for over 100pts![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Deadline] December 29, 2013 / note: may move up a couple days if not much interest/entries is shown.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=What's Expected] As I said before this contest will have to do with the Kalos Gym Leaders. What's needed of you, the creator, is to design a small series of cards. Each Gym Lader will have his/her own 3 cards to be represented on. 
Tips:

• Use Gym Leader as a monster card
  • Use the City/Town as a field spell
  • Use Badge as equip card
  • Create Spell/Traps based on what that gym leader is known to do.

Although there are 8 Gym Leaders you are only required to create 5 of the Gym Leaders!! You can create the other 3 if you'd like but they will not be judged. Except in the Event of a tie(s).
Hopefully the Inspiration part below will who you all you need to know and give you some ideas to get started!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Inspiration] 
rhdnfM1.jpg

Whenever you activate a card, effect, or declare an attack, your opponent must shout "FANTASTIC!". If they do not, banishthe top 2 cards of their Deck face-down. During each of your Stand by Phases: Place 1 of your banished Insect-Type monsters on the bottom of the Deck. If this card is destroyed: both player's discard the top 5 cards of their Deck, then Special Summon as many Insect-Type monster(s) from among as the cards discarded by this effect.

GvLkrpk.jpg

The equipped monster cannot be destroyed as a result of battle. If the monster this card is attached to, declares an attack: Roll 1 six-sided die and apply the result.
1: Halve the equipped monsters ATK
2: Banish the monster it is attacking
3: Double this monsters ATK
4: Negate the attack; both player's reveal the top cards of their Decks, if both cards are Trap cards and there is room on both sides, both players Set them in their respective Spell/Trap Zones. Otherwise put that card on the bottom of the Decks.
5: Destroy this card
6: The monster being attacked gains 1000 ATK.

F6fLcPN.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT Thunder-Type monster from your Deck. It cannot attack this turn.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Grading]

- How well each card combines YGO and PKMN - 10

- Artwork - 10

- Balance of each card - 10

- Created cards flowing together - 10 (Note: since you'll be making many different types of card this is more toward the cards in a series, such as for 1 Leader as opposed to for the whole project.)

- Grammar OCG style - 10

50 PTS available right now! 

Note: this grading system is just a prototype, not a final, so changes may happen without notice. However. The final Grading scale will be posted this Sunday!!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Judges]

-Josholches (me)

-

-

-

-

Looking for a few more. Please let me know if you're interested. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Contestants]

none yet ;-;

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Payout]

1-4 contestant 

• 1st 70%
  • 2nd 30%

5-8 contestant

• 60%
  • 30%
  • 10%

9-12

• 50%
  • 25%
  • 15%
  • 15%

13+

• 50%
  • 30%
  • 20%
  • 15%

If you notice the last 2 payout are more than 100% That means I'll be paying more of my own pts to the winners if we get that many!

[/spoiler]

Good Luck everyone! And post here or PM me with any questions :D

Archived