[CFV] Seraphic ride chain. 0-4

werewolfjedi

(also I'm new to this section of the fourm, I just had ideas I wanted to throw out there, and missed all the proper sub fourms.)

the Seraphic ride chain, is on the concept, the rise to power of a head of the angel feather hospital Hierarchy, and with that, the skill and power of the angel's ability to heal and prevent damage to their many patents.

the big effect of the chain is going to be damage cycling, while at the same time it giving the ability to keep one's self alive, and block your opponent's damage from healing early game.

the grand master plan of this is to give the chain a strong damage zone presence as well, as the chain shall possess powerup effects while in there, since outside using the parts in the ride chain, most decks don't want to use more copys of the chain, since they would be vanilia in the field otherwise, and placed in the damage for trading anyway.

G0 : Seraphic intern, Rapheal.

4000 power. boost. 10k shield.

[VG] [AUTO]when you ride "Seraphic Resident, Rapheal" on this unit, you may search your damage and the top 6 cards of your deck for a G2 or higher unit with "Seraphic" in it's name.

[soul] whenever you ride an <angel Feather> unit, if this card is in your soul, you may place the top card of your deck into the damage, and at the end of the turn, send one card from your damage zone to the bottom of your deck.

since the pull out effect for ride chains is normally there, I wanted to change it up, for an ability that would be just as useful to angel feather with a temp damage effect on every ride, and making that effect generic would allow for a use for his starter outside of the ride chain. and since this unit does not call out, I feel this balances out the effect. and note this unit sends it to the bottom, it does not shuffle, so it alone can not recycle triggers properly.

I've been tampering around with such an ability with several clans, which I have keynamed resonance, and this would be the first atempt to incorporate it into a build. I wanted it to be an ability that would trigger every time the player rides, giving a return for the investment of not having the opening turns free booster. I"ll elaborate on this in it's own thread.

G1: Seraphic Resident, Rapheal

7000 power. boost. 5000 shield.

[VG] [CONT] if "Seraphic intern Rapheal" is in the soul, this unit gains 1000 power

[VG] [AUTO] {choose one <angel feather>from your hand  and place it into your damge zone} when this unit hits, you may pay the cost, if you do, choose one card from your damage and add it ot your hand

[Damage zone] [ACT] {turn this card face down} if you have an <Angel feather> vanguard, add 2000 power to one RG.

like I said, the chain will have Damage zone abilitys in order to best take advantage of deck's style.

the damage switch here is also just to put a bit of pressure on the opponent, since they see the unit that can be grabbed at this time from the fact it's in the damage zone, they can evaluate if it's worth blocking for.

the damage zone ability on the g1 also can not be used on the VG. this is for an obvious reason since the metatron line already does that, being able to double up on the ability would make this deck absurdly powerful if they were mixed together. as it stands, mixing them like this, would give a serious amount of power, but not to solely the vanguard, it would be more spread out, keeping the numbers from getting out of hand.

and remember, when we ride up, the G0 triggers again and allows another temp damage to be placed.

G2:  Resident Seraphic chief, Rapheal.

9000 power. intercept. 5000 shield.

[VG][Cont] if "Seraphic Resident, Rapheal" is in your soul, this unit gains 1000 power

[VG] [ACT] [CB1] {place one angel feather unit into your damage} choose an <angel feather> from your damage and add it to your hand. you may not call a unit to the RG with the same name as a card that was in your damage this turn if this ability is activated.

[Damage zone] [AUTO] {turn this card face down} when your VG is attacked, you may pay the cost, until the end of that battle, your VG gains 2000 power.

the Clan is more based on defense than offense in general, so the ability to damage switch, but not be able to call those units this turn, feels like a strong but properly limited ability.

the damage zone ability is what I would think of as a damage intercept. course I didn't want him to call himself from damage to the GC, that would be to powerful, even for a CB2 or some other high cost, so I thought about it, and realized that, a minor one battle power boost to block attacks, or get the right numbers against a VG drive check, is exactly what I was looking for, and again, it's in the damage zone, the opponent can see it and plan for it.

and now for the first big play of the deck, the grade 3.

G3: Seraphic cheif of surgery, Rapheal

[VG] [Cont] if "Resident Seraphic chief, Rapheal." is in the soul, this unit gains 1000 power.

[VG] [ACT] [CB1] place the top card of your deck into the damage, face down, at the end of your turn, send one damage to the bottom of your deck.

[VG] {LB4} [ACT] {turn all of your damage face down} your VG gains until the end of your turn -for every face down damage in all player's damage zones, all of your <angel feather> units in the front row gain 1000 power,- and at the beginning of your next ride phase, turn 1 damage face up for every <angel feather> unit you control.

[damage zone] [AUTO] {LB4} when this card is turned face down, you may turn face down one card of your opponent's damage zone.

for the first form of the boss in the deck, I was thinking something like this. the point of it being that he can immedately go into limit break if your willing to push your resources, but doing so will actually unflip your opponent's damage. which this VG once it reaches limit break, denys your opponent. being the controlers of the damage zone, I thought it would be creative to give an effect that, while weaker than Zera in the rushed form, letting it mature and fully take shape would give a massive bonus to the VG and the RG front line, up to a full 10K power boost on all 3 lanes. it is however combatable and locks down your damage until your next turn, which then means your sacrifcing the other effects your damage zone could do. you do however get unflip if you have RGs, and if you have a totally full field, then your opponent might get some of the unflip as well. like I said, high potential, but it needs to be carefully crafted. and to work with this effect, the G3 also has a damage zone ability, where if a copy of this card is in your damage and your at 4 or more, fliping him face down, flips an opponent's damage face down as well, which syngerizes with the on the field LB.

and now then, onto the final form! cross ride away!

Seraphic Director, Rapheal.

G3. 11000 power.

[VG] [Cont] if "Seraphic cheif of surgery, Rapheal" is in the soul, this unit gains 2000 power.

[VG] [AUTO] when this unit is called to the VG circle, for each card in the soul with "Seraphic" in it's name, send up to that many cards from your damage zone to the bottom of your deck, then place that many damage from the top of your deck into your damage zone.

[VG] [AUTO] {LB5. unflip 3 of your opponent's damage} when this unit's attack hits a vanguard, you may pay the cost, if you do, send one of your face up cards in your damage zone with "seraphic" in it's card name to the bottom of your deck.

[damage zone] {LB5, discard 2 Grade 3 <angel feathers>} at the end of your turn, if all damage in all damage zones is face down, you may pay the cost. if you do, ride this unit from the damage zone, at rest, unflip all of your opponent's damage, and this unit loses 2000 power until the end of your opponent's turn.

yes. that's a heal effect.

yes. that's a healing ride.

surviving with angel feather is meant to be their job. that is why I designed the crossride to do that thing that Ergodiel failed at. heal.

it's on hit, and gives your opponent 3 cb, which this deck should have placed face down by this time if played properly, and it's on hit to the VG limit break 5. so you can't heal lower than 4. so heal triggers and such, won't allow this unit to heal twice in one turn. survival is the name of the game here, and crits will still be crits and kill this boss monster if they aren't properly guarded for.

the second ability also heals, but gives your opponent all of their damage back face up, reduces this unit's power to 9000 or 11000 mattering if it's crossride, and you have to discard 2 g3 units. which in an angel feather deck, have usually been thrown into the damage zone already. it's also a LB5 again. meaning that they are still siting at 4 damage minimum. again. well within everyone's crit happy death range.

the crossride however refeshes the damage zone with new cards, meaning that it can in fact be played without the orginal form to an effective end result. try having any ray ponys on the field when that triggers. but it's also a very bad card outside of it's own deck, the only thing it could do it heal you and leave you at 9000 VG power. which is very low and almost certain death if your at 5 damage and discard 2 cards just to go to 4 damage

Archived