[Finished]Archetype Upgrade Contest

Qliphort Tool

This is my first contest, but I have learned all contest mechanic, so hope this will be the great contest for everyone and I get some participants soon :)

Entry Fee: 20 points

Pot: 200

Rules: All YCM Rules applied

Requirement: make a card that make an archetype (any archetype u want, except the archetype that's already at top tier like Bujin, Fire Fist, etc.) become more playable (like Augment/No.18 for Heraldic, No.36/Nebra Disk for Chronomally, etc.)

Deadline: 17 Jan, 2 weeks after this

Prize: 1st place will get 50% of the pot and 2 reps
2nd place will get 40% of the pot and a rep

Judging Scale:
I will use the one I have seen most in recently contests
Balance: 10
OCG: 10 (even I'm new for this site, but I'm not new for Ygo :))
Creativity: 10
Art: 5
Archetype's overall playability after having your card: 15
so the max score is 50 points :)

Contestant:
1. -Someone-
2. Kanokarob
3. Scary Face
4. Guan Yu: the Saint of war
5. Hikari-chan
6. Rowling
7. jabber2033

Ill participate. Sending points now, and will likely be edited this post once I finish, instead of posting anew.

EDIT:

[spoiler='Entry']Gxbl1LG.jpg
You can discard this card in your hand to add 1 "Venom Swamp" from your Deck to your hand. You can Normal Summon this card by Tributing 1 "Venom" monster you control. If you do, you can Normal Summon 1 "Vennominion the King of Poisonous Snakes" from your hand without Tributing; it gains 100 ATK, but its effects are negated.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Explanations']So as you can see, I upgraded the Venom Archetype with a custom saercher for its field, as well as a reliable way to Summon Vennominion. Why gain 100 ATK and negate its effects? Because now it can be destroyed by Venom Swamp, meaning during the End Phase you can summon Vennominaga.[/spoiler]

this sounds interesting, points sent and card will submitted as soon as possible

p.s. I mistyped and donated 200 points instead of 20. pls return 180 to me XD (or at least 120, keep the remaining as my donation :))

returned, and keep some for donation ;)

Can the card be a support for a 'series' instead of an 'archetype'? Just out of curiosity...

yea, you can make that

Ill participate. Sending points now, and will likely be edited this post once I finish, instead of posting anew.

EDIT:

[spoiler='Entry']Gxbl1LG.jpg
You can discard this card in your hand to add 1 "Venom Swamp" from your Deck to your hand. You can Normal Summon this card by Tributing 1 "Venom" monster you control. If you do, you can Normal Summon 1 "Vennominion the King of Poisonous Snakes" from your hand without Tributing; it gains 100 ATK, but its effects are negated.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Explanations']So as you can see, I upgraded the Venom Archetype with a custom saercher for its field, as well as a reliable way to Summon Vennominion. Why gain 100 ATK and negate its effects? Because now it can be destroyed by Venom Swamp, meaning during the End Phase you can summon Vennominaga.[/spoiler]

nice card :)

Hi! Points sent, here's my card!

[spoiler='Purpura, Berserker of Dark World']

sN9sydV.jpg

During your Main Phase, if 2 or more Fiend-Type monsters were discarded by a card effect this turn: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When a card or an effect that would target a "Dark World" monster you control is activated: You can tribute this card you control; negate that effect, then you can send 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. (The sent card is treated as if it was discarded from your hand by a card effect) You can use this effect of "Purpura, Berserker of Dark World" only once per turn.

[/spoiler]

look like I did not clearly said about what archetype you can use, so let get this straight, these are the archetype or series that you cannot make a card for this contest

- Bujin

- Fire Fist

- Mermail

- Geargia

- Galaxy

- Artifact

- Prophecy

- Lightsworn

- Harpies

- Dark World

- Infernity

- Blackwing

- Frognarchs

but yea, it's maybe my mistake that didn't list this from the start, so Kwisatz, you can use this by having only 2 points deduction from the total score, the other participants who will make a card that support these archetype/series will lose 10 points from total score

ehm you should have said this before so i wouldn't have done my card, in my opinion Dark World isn't that strong "by now"...you can't put in the same list Harpies (obviously (over)powered) and Dark World...and since i don't like that 2 points reduction, i prefer to be kicked out of the contest and having back at least 15 points of my whole 20 donation if you don't mind

sigh, just use your common sense and you would figured this out before you post your card, how can the archetype that has the easiest summoning boss of ygo not overpowered? and to compare with harpie, the former has many playability like virus, malefic, smog, etc. unlike the latter that can only rely on R4&R7 play. and from the rules I read the participants who DQed will not get any refund, but well I will returned your points as your requested

yea, you can make that

alright, so this's my series support, also I spent last 2 hours to make these cards (not related to this contest, since u need only 1 card)  :)

[spoiler='Here it is']
miZaZqH.jpg
Lore:
When this card is Normal Summoned, if you control no other face-up monsters: You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 "Penguin" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position. Once per turn: You can target 1 "Penguin" monster you control; until the End Phase, this card's Level becomes the current Level of that monster.

i have said this, but again, with this card, Penguins are now access to generic Lv.8 Sync and R4 Xyz (my custom cards for them as well)
[/spoiler]

look like I did not clearly said about what archetype you can use, so let get this straight, these are the archetype or series that you cannot make a card for this contest

- Bujin

- Fire Fist

- Mermail

- Geargia

- Galaxy

- Artifact

- Prophecy

- Lightsworn

- Harpies

- Dark World

- Infernity

- Blackwing

- Frognarchs

but yea, it's maybe my mistake that didn't list this from the start, so Kwisatz, you can use this by having only 2 points deduction from the total score, the other participants who will make a card that support these archetype/series will lose 10 points from total score

well Dyson, the cards u listed are not top tier, but are currently playable cards (except some that im not sure u just didnt know them or u underestimate them, i.e. Constellar, Evilswarm, Heraldic, Chronomally, etc.) if u really want this type of contest, u should change the contest name to "Unplayable Archetype Upgrade Contest" or sth like this

ok grapha is enough easy spammable, but harpies for example are much stronger than Dark World presently (and i am a dark world lover...i can't even use my skill drain due to that horrible hunting ground, and let's not talk about hysteric sign....dude, truly no match)...you got a PM

but for this, i agree with Dyson, Harpies is the archetype that can only play with only R4/R7 monsters. Sign are nothing but a card that lead u to those Xyz, and if u really play DW, y u afraid the field? and the most important, DW is one of the few archetype that can play with Skill Drain so effectively, not to mention those virus. however, Dyson, it still not a top tier archetype. u should random play DN, and u will find out that u will rarely facing DW when compare to Bujin, Fire Fist, Geargia or Prophecy

this contest, even with some big problem, has nice concept, so I'm in and because of that problem, I chose the series that didn't powerful so much

[spoiler='My entry']

BhS9nud.jpg

Lore:

2 Level 4 "Umbral Horror" monsters
Must be Xyz Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. While this card has Xyz Material, it gains 1000 ATK and unaffected by other card effects. During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

this will make Umbral Horror series very interesting to play, the 3k beater that didn't afraid any removal card, but only for 2 turns like Tiras, so I think I made this balance enough

[/spoiler]

Add three copies of this card to a Dark Magician deck, and you'll see... ;)

dark_magician_by_orejon8-d71ljme.jpg

- Dark Magic -

Discard 1 Spell Card; Add 2 Spell Cards that list "Dark

Magician" in their card text from your Deck to your hand.

Once per turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can

banish this card from the Graveyard, then select 1

Spellcaster-Type monster on the field; That card's name

becomes "Dark Magician" while it is on the field.

Archived