Anubis, Lightsworn Pharaoh

Admiral_Stalfos19

377317_zps652447cd.jpg

Image Credit goes to GENZOMAN for this amazing work of art. Shame I couldn't give credit in YugiCo; if ya can, then I must've missed the chance :/

[spoiler=Card Lore in case anyone can't see it on the card itself]You can Tribute 2 monsters for the Tribute Summon of this card. If you do: Target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. Each player can only use this effect of "Anibus, Lightsworn Pharaoh" once per duel. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 4 cards from your Deck to your Graveyard. Then, you can target 1 Spell or Trap Card that was sent to your Graveyard by the effect of a "Lightsworn" card this turn, if any; Set that target in a vacant Spell or Trap Card Zone on your field.[/spoiler]

I designed this card from my experience playing with a Zombiesworn deck, and dealing with Lightsworns in general. Often times we'd end up milling cards that we could've actually used, like, say, a Charge of the Light Brigade, a Monster Reincarnation or even a Beckoning Light. Those are just examples by the way, I'm not saying everyone's even ran all 3 of said cards, let alone actually mill them. But anyway, I designed Anubis, Lightsworn Pharaoh to solve this problem to an extent. True, sacrificing 2 monsters is generally bad, especially for a Tribute Summon. But with Anubis, you get rewarded for it in a way that not even Magician of Faith could get away with until recently when it was unbanned for January's ban list, albeit only once.

Keep it alive and you can continue to recycle any spells and traps that you accidentally mill with it or any other Lightsworn card. I've made it so you can only recycle cards you mill that turn, to stop people from recycling the same card over and over again; some of those were limited for a reason, so it also somewhat prevents this card from being broken.

Anubis has a heavier compulsory mill cost than any existing Lightsworn monster. Raiden has the option of milling 2 or 4 cards per turn, Celestia's effect is [acronym='although the smart player would do it anyway']entirely optional[/acronym] and Judgment Dragon isn't technically a Lightsworn monster. The latter means that it doesn't get supported by Anubis' effect, but once you summon JD it means you're going for the kill anyway, so it doesn't matter as much.

Rate, discuss, I don't mind what you do. But please keep any criticisms constructive.

Archived