Blast Type Shield 9 - Resurrection

shonenhikada

BlasttypeShield9.jpg

card lore:If this card is destroyed by a card effect, Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard to your side of the field. If this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect, Special Summon 1 monster from your opponent's Graveyard to your side of the field. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, no monsters can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard.

note: spacing was put in place so lines would line up.

got pic form an art book i own.

I'd probably use that. Only 2 problems:

1. It only says "if this card is destroyed by a card effect", then "if this card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect". Shouldn't it specify in the first sentence that if it's your effect? I don't know. (Though it would be awesome for keeping your opponent from being a Heavy Storm noob).

2. The image doesn't quite fill in the card frame.

^Agree. It would look better if you took out the white line from the left side.

Anyway, it is an interesting effect, but is Slade right? The way it is now, when the card is destroyed, you can summon 1 monster from your graveyard AND 1 monster from your opponent's graveyard. Kinda overpowered if that's the case. Otherwise, it's a very interesting effect, and would keep most people on edge, not being able to special summon from the graveyard!

overall - 12.77/13.69 ^_^

^Agree. It would look better if you took out the white line from the left side.

Anyway' date=' it is an interesting effect, but is Slade right? The way it is now, when the card is destroyed, you can summon 1 monster from your graveyard AND 1 monster from your opponent's graveyard. Kinda overpowered if that's the case. Otherwise, it's a very interesting effect, and would keep most people on edge, not being able to special summon from the graveyard!

overall - 12.77/13.69 ^_^

[/quote']

it doesn't work like that if you look at the dark world monsters card lore they have as stated if its destroyed by a card effect. you can summon it from the Graveyard. if discarded by an opponent card effect you can use its effect whatever that may be.

so you see its effect is only 1 or the other not both.

it doesn't work like that if you look at the dark world monsters card lore they have as stated if its destroyed by a card effect. you can summon it from the Graveyard. if discarded by an opponent card effect you can use its effect whatever that may be.

so you see its effect is only 1 or the other not both.

Except, for all the Dark World monster that have dual effects (Goldd, for example), the ruling is that: "If these cards are discarded by your opponent's card effect, both parts of their effects resolve." (yugioh.wikia.com). So, the same would apply to yours: if it's destroyed by an opponent's card effect, both effects would activate allowing you to sp. summon 2 monsters.

That isn't necessarily bad, I just think it is a tad overpowered. Nothing big, though.

P.S. I forgot to mention this earlier, but I think the card would flow better if you took the last line "As long as this card...." and put it at the beginning of the effect.

Archived