[Finished]Team Archetype Contest [FINISHED]

wightpower

Hopefully they'll get back to you soon. I might need to finally put a limit on this one now that the first team has sent in their cards. For now, the new deadline is next Monday, the 12th. I'd like at least two teams to finish before I shut down the contest.

(also, feel free to PM me anything you've made, just so I know what's going on)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that's it then. I officially declare this contest finished. The winner by default is Team 3 (Aqua, RampageXWolf, and Nerdboy).

Because of how this contest totally fell apart, Instead of the big prize per member, I'm going to instead award any of you 5 points per card that you made, to make up for your hard work. I hope you guys will still post your cards or keep working on them in the multiple cards section of the forum. I'd hate for your hard work to go to waste unnoticed. So, if you can, PM me with any cards your group already finished, and I'll reimburse you with some points.

I'm still glad I went through with this, even if it didn't quite work out. I might try a similar idea in the future, but I'll have to think of a way to correct any communication concerns and make up for timing problems. I think a big problem with this one was difficulty in getting you guys together enough to finish your archetypes, so if I can figure a way to fix that next time, I might like to try another team-up contest in the future. Anyway, thanks for taking part, and I hope you guys will join me for my next contest, which will probably be smaller-scale.

I guess that's it then. I officially declare this contest finished. The winner by default is Team 3 (Aqua, RampageXWolf, and Nerdboy).

Because of how this contest totally fell apart, Instead of the big prize per member, I'm going to instead award any of you 5 points per card that you made, to make up for your hard work. I hope you guys will still post your cards or keep working on them in the multiple cards section of the forum. I'd hate for your hard work to go to waste unnoticed. So, if you can, PM me with any cards your group already finished, and I'll reimburse you with some points.

I'm still glad I went through with this, even if it didn't quite work out. I might try a similar idea in the future, but I'll have to think of a way to correct any communication concerns and make up for timing problems. I think a big problem with this one was difficulty in getting you guys together enough to finish your archetypes, so if I can figure a way to fix that next time, I might like to try another team-up contest in the future. Anyway, thanks for taking part, and I hope you guys will join me for my next contest, which will probably be smaller-scale.

Would you mine posting our cards, as well as other teams' cards (if they submit) here? I'm curious for our rival's archetype concept, also it's a chance to get some CnC here b4 posting them in MC section

No one else sent me any. You're the only team that sent anything to me at all.

Team 3's cards (seriously, I'm too old and lazy for this)

[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Hydra]
xyWnilp.jpg
If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: Send it to the Graveyard. When you do: Draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of "Mirage Guardian Hydra" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Basilisk]
IJlKmV2.jpg
If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: Send it to the Graveyard. When you do: Target 1 card your opponent control; destroy that target. You can only use each effect of "Mirage Guardian Basilisk" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Therion]
bu8ZAJF.jpg
If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: Send it to the Graveyard. When you do: Target 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Mirage Guardian Therion" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ethereal Knight]
S3mcmZJ.jpg
When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster from your hand or Graveyard. Its effects are negated. If it would leave the field or would be send to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead. You can only use the effect of "Ethereal Knight" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Yggdrasil]
WZV7VEZ.jpg
2 Level 8 EARTH monsters
While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be targeted or be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, other monsters you currently control cannot attack for the rest of this turn. If that Special Summoned monster would leave the field or would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Wyvern]
PKCh2Yl.jpg
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, and if you do, this card's Level becomes the Level of that monster. If that monster would leave the field or would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of an EARTH monster.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Life]
3pmXfTH.jpg
Banish 1 EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck, and if you do, you can shuffle 1 monster from either Graveyard into the Deck. When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster from your Graveyard. If that monster would leave the field or would be sent to the Graveyard as an Xyz Material, banish it instead. You can only use 1 "Mirage Life" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Glasir]
xgmUnVG.jpg
2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters
Cannot be Special Summoned, unless you control a face-up "Mirage Guardian" Xyz monster. While this card has Xyz Materials, it cannot be targeted or be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; banish 1 card you control or in your hand, and if you do, banish 1 card your opponent controls.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Layline of Mirage]
TJl6qR8.jpg
Banish 1 "Mirage Guardian" monster in your hand; Special Summon 1 EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck. It cannot attack, also its effects that activate when it leaves the field are negated. You cannot Summon monsters during the turn you activate this card, except for EARTH monsters. You can only activate 1 "Leyline of Mirage" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Elderly Dragon]
cqR5e3D.jpg
When a card is banished, place 1 Mirage Counter on this card. You can banish this face-up card with 3 or more Mirage Counters on it; Banish 1 EARTH monster from your Deck. If this card is banished, except from the graveyard: Send it to the Graveyard. When you do: Add 1 Level 7 or higher EARTH Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Mirage Guardian Elderly Dragon" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Mirage Guardian Firnen]
jEHRLnU.jpg
If this card is banished, except from the Graveyard: Send it to the Graveyard. When you do: Banish 1 card in your hand or from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Mirage Guardian Firnen" once per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ethereal Overlay]
iiZPoTO.jpg
Banish 1 face-up EARTH Dragon-Type monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Mirage Guardian" Xyz Monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position, then attach this card to it as an Xyz Material. "Mirage Guardian" Xyz monsters you control cannot activate their effects for the rest of this turn. You can only activate 1 "Ethereal Overlay" per turn.
[/spoiler]

I thought it was a pretty cool idea. The description they sent me was: Well we made "Mirage Guardian" archetype, it based on EARTH Dragon-Type monsters, which effect monsters have names involving the legendary creatures, and both of the Xyz monsters' names referred the mythology trees, their effects are based on returning themselves to the Graveyard along with giving you the benefit when they are banished (except from the Graveyard) which have great synergy with the first boss, Yggdrasil, who has an effect that allow you to SS a monster from the Graveyard, but banishing the revived monster instead of normally leaving the field, this prevent the abuse of other monsters, as well as triggering Mirage Guardians' effect, and if you still control Yggdrasil when you're able to Xyz again, you're now ready to finish the game with the powerful boss, Glasir, who can't be Summoned unless you control a "Mirage Guardian" Xyz monster. They can also make a little combo in themselves, such as using Leyline to SS Elderly Dragon while banishing something like Firnen to banishing another card and place 1 counter, etc. this archetype also have synergy with some well-known cards such as Gold Sarcophagus which can banish a card directly from the Deck without any setup or Redox, who can banish 2 Mirage Guardians in your hand to SS itself and triggering their effects at the same time!

Archived