Holo Foil

JasonX1991

Hey guys.

I'm pretty new here even though I'm registered quite some time.^^

I recently checked heard of Dragons of Legend so I started buying cards again.^^

Since there are still a lot of cards not printed yet (Fang of Critias etc.) I'd like to do them myself.

I knew of Oricas quite some time and tried to do them before but eventually failed at printing.

My "flat share" mate has a Canon MP540 and today I printed some cards and glued them on some other cards.

It looks okay but I'd like to have some Holos as well.

I have some old SCR and SR I cleansed so there's only left the holo stuff.

I bought some sticky, transparent foil I can print on to make them.

However I only have five of them.

It crossed my mind that a year or more ago some guys sold Oricas that looked like Starfoil Rares so I searched for some foil but couldn't find any.

Mostly old thread where no one would say how to do them.

So basically I'd like to know which foil I need to put over the printed card.^^

TL;DR

Which transparent, holographic, starfoil rare-looking foil do I need to put on my own printed cards?

PS: Is that Canon MP540 any good for printing Oricas? I used Photopaper to print them with Quality set to high.

They do look a little blurry however.

For the best quality, you need a design of 300DPI, or 3x the actual print resolution.  That is the general bar for the highest quality in printing for sharp, crisp lines.  As for the printer, if it isn't inkjet you are more than likely out of luck. All of the transparent sticker paper/window decals I've found require an inkjet, so if the printer you use is a laser, you won't be able to print.

Okay thx for the reply. I googled it and it seems to be an inkjet-photo printer.

How do I adjust my created card to 300DPI or 3x "the actual print resolution"?

I created some cards with the card maker, saved them, dragged them into MS Word and adjusted the size to a normal YGO card.

They look okay but not really sharp. It's a tiny little bit blurry.

Hmm.. Photoshop will be your best for resizing. For a 300DPI card, you're either more than likely going to have to make the card from scratch or find a 300DPI template on here or somewhere else.

As for 300DPI, let's say you have a 100px x 100px picture, typically at 72ppi (DPI).  100 is real-life resolution, 300 is the general standard for printing.

basically, you need to know the exact measurements of a yugioh card.  take that, make a blank canvas in photoshop using those measurements (in or cm, no pixels)

at 300DPI.  That will be MASSIVE, but keep in mind the actual print would be 33.33% of that size.

Archived